open/close all folders
Barney & The Backyard Gang
- In "A Day at the Beach", Luci comes into the yard, asking if there is room for "one more" with Michael and Amy in the paddling pool. When they say yes, she brings in Adam, Jason, and Tina as well.
Michael: You asked if there was room for one more!Luci: Well...I'm only one!Adam: And I'm only one!Jason: And I'm only one!
- Barney has a ton of these in Treasure of Rainbow Beard. One notable example is him trying to read the map backwards, while holding it upside down.
Barney: *reading clue backwards* Tra ekam uoy erehw sepahs emos tniap.... Uh oh, now the words are upside down
Barney: Just kidding.
- "Doctor Barney is Here": Derek The Strong Man.
Derek: *walks in with fake muscles in sleeves* *deep voice* I am Derek, The Strong Man! I'm so strong, I can lift this school bus.... over... my... head! *lifts toy school bus overhead with both hands as he says this*
* rest of cast, save for Michael, cheers*
Michael: *waves toy school bus overhead with one hand* Yeah, yeah...
* Barney chuckles in amusement*
- "Is Everybody Happy?": Scooter and Miss Etta see that Baby Bop is about to destroy Chip's tower. They ditch her.
- This poem in Books are Fun
Barney: Roses are red, violets are blue
But mostly they're flat,
'Cause they're under my shoe
Barney's Great Adventure
- When Cody tries to explain Barney to his grandparents:
Cody: Barney isn't just a little doll. He's very big!Grandpa: Oh sure, he's big now, but you just wait. These fads come and go.
- In "Live in New York City":
B.J.: I'm B.J., The Human Cannonball!
Barney: B.J. the who?
B.J.: Bring it in, guys!
- Same scene:
Barney: Bring what in?
B.J.: My cannon!
Barney: Your cann- Woah, a cannon?!?! *clowns drag in giant cannon, as Barney panics*
- B.J. pours it on with a list of impossible stunts, accompanied by Barney's bemused (and hilarious) attempts to bring him to his senses.
- Another scene in Live in New York features Barney makes an amusing attempt to catch the Winkster on one of Radio City Music Hall's balconies. He fails and ends up getting a mop and a bucket stuck on his foot.
- The Winkster, just The Winkster.
- In "Barney's Night Before Christmas," the group plans to put up the Christmas tree ornaments. Guess which purple dinosaur got the job of untangling the lights?
Barney: *struggling with lights* OK, let's see... "Rabbit goes out of the hole and around the tree..." No, "over the tree and under the hole...." Gee, this is tougher than I thought.
Barney: Oh, hi. Merry Christmas, BJ.
- BJ pretends to be Santa Claus in the same video, with the kids playing along with BJ, believing he actually is Santa. Barney's response as he and Baby Bop comes back into the house takes the cake.
*BJ becomes shocked from his cover being blown*
- Whenever Barney has an A Dork Able moment and tries to make a joke only to get confused.
BJ: "Hey, this tree makes a great drum!"Barney: "And a good drum is hard to beat! .....Or is it a good drum is easy to beat? I always get that mixed up."BJ: "Whaaa?"
- From "Imagination Island:"
- In the concert "Barney's Colorful World," Baby Bop chases BJ with sunscreen when the rest of the cast is singing "Mister Sun." She finally catches him and squirts him with Silly String-esque sunscreen. It Makes Sense in Context
- What adds to it is soon afterwards, Baby Bop notices the audience doesn't have sunscreen either and Barney playfully agrees with her, adding that it's nice to share. Let's just say had BJ not interrupted her, the crew would have a whole lot of "sunscreen" to clean up after the show.
- In "Imagination Island".... Tinkerputt. Just Tinkerputt. Every time he's on screen, you're bound to laugh.
Shawn: "This is fun! Like a roller-coster ride!"Tosha: "It sure is! I'm not scared!"Barney: "Oh, that's the spirit! This is a good strong ship, so there's not one thing we've got to worry about!"
- Also in "Imagination Island" when their ship is in the middle of a storm.
- In "Barney's Magical Musical Adventure," the kids all challenge each other to a horserace. Barney agrees to watch, but the second they leave off screen-
Barney: "Well I guess I can get lunch now."
Tina: "What if it's a giant?!"Darek: "What if it's a scary monster?!"Barney: "Or what if it's a DINOSAUR?!? OOOOHHHH! Hey, wait a minute. I'm a dinosaur..."
- The kids are walking through a forest when suddenly they hear a noise. Cue hilarity.
"THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE BUSHES! RUN, WHOOOAAH! OH, CAN'T GO THAT WAY, WE'VE ALREADY BEEN THERE! OH NO, I'M LOST! WAIT FOR ME!"
- Not to mention Barney's ad libs as they are running away from the noise.
- At one point in "Dance with Me", BJ, of all people, is wearing a purple tutu. When Barney calls him on it, BJ, in a rare occurrence of his referring to Baby Bop by her real name, explains himself by pointing out, "Baby Bop says that ballet dancers wear tutus."