Waiting for Gumball
- Frank, Howdy and Grady (along with the rest of Imagination land) got up to some odd things while waiting for their owners to return. Watching these shorts after the respective episode can really take an edge off the nightmares.
Frank: Oh my goodness, no! WE'VE RUN OUT OF MARZIPAN!Grady: What? No... The house spoon is not in its designated holding place! Could someone tell me how I'm supposed to see my reflection all silvery and handsome and egg-shaped without it?
- Grady barging into Howdy and Frank's two-piece jigsaw assembly to tell them the worst thing imaginable has happened:
Frank: Hold on a minute! Not bored, that's not what I meant! What's the one where you feel like you wanna go to sleep?Howdy: Sleepy!Frank: Yes, that's the one! I'm not bored, Grady, Howdy, I'm sleepy!Grady and Howdy: Then GO. TO. SLEEP!Frank: Oh, okay! *Instantly passes out*
- Frank being bored and bothering the other two about it, going on a series of activities and yet still being bored, until Grady exasperatedly asks how he can still be bored after everything from puzzles to skydiving:
Grady: Had you ever thought that if it wasn't for mud, nothing would ever get muddy?
- Grady gets significantly less unnerving when you learn his idea of ideal entertainment is a show about mud
- Of course, Darwin and Gumball get up to some weirdness themselves, now that they can enjoy Imaginationland properly.
- Darwin apparently really likes lawn gnomes, and summons one; Gumball tries to conjure something else, to no avail; he just creates even more.
- The tweet Ben Bocquelet put up a few hours before "The Shell" aired.
I'm hiding in a bar cos I'm worried you guys are gonna go nuts on twitter and murder me.
- One of the show's writers noticed Gumball was playing in the background of photos from the White House and an ISIS militant.
I think I can safely say that we’ve got the widest audience of all kids shows on Earth.
When we say it’s a show for everyone, we mean it.