- Okabe's reaction to meeting Ruka for the first time:
- "Anata no banana puni puni da ne!" Your banana is so soft and squishy, by yours truly Mayushii!
- In the True Ending, when Okabe encounters Beta World Suzuha:
Beta!Suzuha: There lies a worldline unaffected by any attractor field. A worldline knows as Steins Gate.Okabe: But that's the chunni name I pulled out of my ass! It doesn't even mean anything!
- In Faris' ending, Okabe has "lost" his ability to play Rai-Net (which he never had, thanks to his Ripple Effect-Proof Memory). They try and play a game, which of course he does terrible at.
Faris: I didn't think you'd get this poopy, nya...Okabe: Well, excuse me for being poopy.
- Okabe using his Reading Steiner ability to mess with Kirisu in an optional phonecall:
Okabe: Before I time leaped, you made a tearful confession. You said, "I'm an @channeler, a Nicojunkie, and a camwhore who posts tits, but will you still accept me as your assistant?"
- The Visual Novel has a less-cutdown version of the very first time Okabe & Daru manage to time-warp a banana. Their reaction to this is a wonder worth seeing.
- There's one moment when he calls Kurisu using his self-appointed name for her, "Christina," except he draws it all out so long it sounds like he's trying to sing opera.
- Moeka misspelling Hououin Kyouma as "Hoboing Coma" from Episode 2.
- This talk from episode 3:
Daru: What do you want the text message to say?Okabe: How about "Christina is a pervert."Kurisu: Don't go pushing your luck jerkwad.Daru: How about I just split the difference: "Okarin is a pervert."Okabe: What!?Kurisu: Atta boy! Good thinking!Daru: Firing torpedoes, captain!
- Okabe & Makise getting into an argument over which of them is the bigger pervert. "Hentai tensai shoujo yo!"
- Episode 5:
- While serving a microwaved banana; "Enjoy, I demand it!".
- Kurisu's tsundere moments. For example, this little gem in episode 12.
Kurisu: "I-I'm not... I'm not grateful to you. I'm just being polite..."Okabe: What kind of tsundere is that?Kurisu: I'm not a tsundere! *shove*
- In Episode 10, when Mayushii is discussing cosplay with Ruka:
Mayushii: Small boobies will have their day!Kurisu chokes on her drink.
- The Somei Eichi no Cognitive Computing shorts are usually very amusing
- The first one has the computer upa AI thing help out Kirisu cook. Both Okabe and Daru react appropriately. It leads to them making chocolate burritos which Okabe tries to force Daru to try first. It ends in Obake admitting they taste great.
- The third one has Nae calling out Obake and Daru on their limited wardrobe, causing them to ask Kirisu for a make over. When she has the computer Upa help. It creates some really ridiculous outfits for Daru. And for the audience and Kirisu's shock, some outfits that really fit Okabe to the point Kurisu can't breathe.
- Episode 14:
Kurisu: "Screw you future me!"
- "Right now, What you want most is your own personal fork."...look at Kurisu's reaction.
- The Gratuitous English makes if even funnier. "My fork" and "my spoon" indeed...
- Apparently "my fork" and "my spoon" was at some point 2chan slang for "lover" and "friend", respectively. No wonder Kurisu was so pissed with herself.
- Episode 15:
Okabe (In English): Hey Mister, I am Mad Scientist! It's so cool! Sonuvabitch.Okabe: Word to your mother!Suzuha: I cannot believe you just said 'word to your mother' to this guy, you freak.
- Okabe's reveal of his @channel handle, "Hououin Kyouma", which everybody already knew.
- Okabe's attempt to communicate with a foreign looking person.
- Episode 18: Kurisu recognizing that Okabe is a virgin.
- Episode 23: Okabe describing his future self as "an otaku who read too many bad light novels". This is sadly lost in the dub.
- Episode 25: The return of Gratuitous English Okabe, only this time he tries on American airport security. It goes slightly less well.
Security Guard (In English): "What's your purpose here?"Okabe (in Japanese): "I guess I have no choice..." (switches to English) "I am mad scientist! United States! Chaooooossss! And invade!*begins to laugh maniacally*
- IT'S A MOTEL!!!
- What does Moeka want? "MACADAMIA NUTS MACADAMIA NUTS MACADAMIA NUTS MACADAMIA NUTS... anything but"
- Kurisu in the cat maid outfit.
- If you're a Los Angeles native, it's pretty amusing to see familiar places in this episode. The details of the Staples Center, LAX, and the LA Convention Center are spot on.
Movie/Visual Novel & Anime/Unsorted
- Any time Okabe goes off in weird tangents of thought, leaving everyone bewildered.
- Okabe discovers, in one world line after he sends a D-mail - the hard way - that Ruka is now actually a girl instead of a guy wanting to be one.
- Or Kurisu, earlier before the world shift, discovering that Ruka was a boy pretty much the same way. Cut to Kurisu leaning against a wall, looking ill, and Mayuri asking her, "You okay, there?"
- EVERY time Okabe talks to his Imaginary Friend on his phone, to the point that he has to come up with Blatant Lies as to how his phone magically turns off when anyone besides him touches it when Kurisu grabs his phone and sees that it's off. While many of Okabe's paranoid and/or nonsensical rantings turn out to have some measure of truth to them, this is the one aspect of him that is purely fictional.
- Any time Daru keenly takes notice of a Double Entendre, since the viewers usually notice them at the same time.
- Also, any time Daru compares what's happening in-universe to a LN or an anime, considering the show's source material.
- Any time Moeka talks about how much FB means to her because to a lot of people interpret it as "Facebook"
- Kurisu mistaking Daru's underwear for a lab coat.
- Pretty much all of drunk Kurisu in the movie.
- After receiving a text, Okabe runs back to the Lab, then walks in on Mayushii and Kirisu in the shower. He's booted out, and then pulls out his phone...
Okabe: "It's me. We have a problem. I'm under attack from Mongolian Spot and Ditzy sisters. They're going directly after my sanity, a bold move against the insane mad scientist Hououin Kyouma."This is the strongest offensive I've encountered so far. I realize now that vulnerability itself can be a powerful weapon. They're pulling out all the stops, and I don't think my pants can take it."Give in to the temptation? Nonsense. I could never do that. They're fellow lab members, my loyal assistant and my childhood friend."...Must I? Is it truly the will of Steins Gate that I give in? That I raise my hand against my closest companions? If so... then how cruel the fates be!"El... Psy... Kongroo!"
- Okabe and Ruka's painfully awkward date.
- The entirety of the "My Darling is an idiot!" segment counts as one. From Okabe's and Kurisu's mutual Tsundere tendencies making the whole situation one huge bicker fest, to the fact that the "World Ending Data" that the crew is trying so hard to keep from broadcasting turns out to be a sickeningly sweet dream of her and Okabe.
- Kurisu calling Okabe an "airhead" in a D-mail (written in English). Okabe wonders what that means, and she tells him it's a compliment in America. He later looks it up and gets outraged.
- When Kurisu sees the condition of the lab's bathroom, she makes Mayushii promise never to take a shower there again.
- Daru looks at Ruka in drag and states to Okabe "Balls or not man, I would so hit that."