The Attractor Field Convergence will always have Madoka turn into a Puella Magi.
- Or rather, it it will always make her die, which almost always requires her making a contract. Imagine just how many times Okabe would have to live that month if this is true...
Okabe is just a paranoid schizophrenic and everything we see is just a product of his incredibly elaborate delusions.
This is what most sane people would think upon listening to him and it makes sense if you think about it. He shows signs of this even before "Time travel" is involved (Note that the "Time Travel" is ALSO a product of his madness.).
- Another possibility is suggested in episode 10, when he notes that moving world lines feels the same as when he was delirious with a fever. This troper is no medical expert himself, but maybe instead of paranoid delusions, the earlier fever evolved into some life-long illness with occasional dissociation and false memories.
Okabe is actually talking to someone on his phone.
- And it really does turn off when someone touches it?
- Im dead sure that he is, and that It really turns off, at least in the anime nobody has touched his phone after Cristina at ep 2, so we dont have any proof that his phone is juts a normal one.
- It'd be nice if that were true, but I have to reject that. In the VN you actually use the phone yourself, and you can see that the phone was off the whole time before Kurisu took it. It didn't turn off when Kurisu touched it, it was already off.
- Unless Hououin Kyouma actually did acknowledge the fourth wall within the show as he experimented with Alpacaman. Therefore, it's not out of question that the phone doesn't have technological countermeasures against the reader as well.
Okabe is really from the 1% diverged line
But after the first D-mail sending, he is transported to the new world line
With old man like that it's no wonder he goes apeshit on the thought that he might be second to somebody.
This is literally the only answer that I, as a Suzuhafag, will not rage incessantly at.
Okabe is still in the Beta world line, not the Steins Gate world line.
See the Fridge page.
Okarin is bisexual
He did say "It doesn't matter what gender you are" on his date with Ruka
, didn't he?
- In the Visual Novel, his Inner Monologue reads "Unfortunately, I am heterosexual." That said...
Why else would her handle be KuriGohan
Hououin Kyouma was actually just an excuse to make Mayuri not kill herself
Okabe just took the role of a mad scientist so Mayuri wouldn't die on him, by declaring "You are my hostage!" The years went on and finally he became consumed by the insanity that is Hououin Kyouma. He first acted like a mad scientist for Mayuri's sake, but after a while (As he spent time almost exclusively with Mayuri), he "forgot" who he really was. He then actually went through NEGATIVE character development during Steins;gate, where by the end, he is back to being Okabe Rintarou.
Ruka is intersexed
Of the progestin/androgen-induced variety, specifically. Think about it for a moment:
- It's rather unusual that, for a seventeen-year-old male, Ruka has just about no secondary male characteristics.
- Save for the reproductive organs, Ruka is almost exactly the same when after the genderbend.
- Said genderbend was induced congenitally, when Ruka was already conceived.
- Getting into extended text conversations reveals that Ruka's gender issues are a bit more complicated that straightforward mtf. Namely, his parents raised him as a girl◊, which he's very◊ ambivalent◊ about.
Now, I think it's safe to say that you can't switch out a Y chromosome for an X in utero, much less via text message-mandated diet change - That's the joke, after all. What you can
do is virilise genitals of an XX fetus during early prenatal development via excessive androgen exposure, such as in higher concentrations in maternal blood. Incidentally, such genital virilization itself happens independently of hormonal effects on gender identity or sexual orientation that are suspected to occur in the second trimester.
Also incidentally, the types of androgens and progestins implicated in virilization are used on beef cattle to boost muscle growth.
Of course, hormone concentrations in meat are pretty damn small and very highly unlikely to cause such a major change (congenital adrenal hyperplasia is usually the culprit in XX virilization via hormones), but it makes a lot more sense than magically transforming a Y chromosome to an X with a pager.
In which superpowers do not exist, Moist eats more (Presumably because everything he eats is no longer inherently moist) and learned to hack, everyone livesin Japan except Captain Hammer who didn't get the memo about the alternate universe
and Penny is even more scientifically savvy than Billy.