- "Mommy, what does 'motherfucker' actually mean?"
- After Woo bonds with Lily, Tibor, the alpha male among the forest's raccoons, cuts in. But he tells Woo he's not romantically interested in Lily. After Woo unsuccessfully guesses at several reasons why (including being "sexually exhausted" from other females in the territory), Tibor reveals that Lily is his daughter.
- Woo's expression at this revelation is priceless. Not just because he scored the alpha male's daughter, but because of everything he just said to his possible future father-in-law.
- This strip, which begins with a pastiche of Pinky and the Brain:
Sid: Hey, what are you two doing?
Woo (with Shadow): The same thing we do every night, Sid—try to save the world.
- It wasn't me it was my demons!
- Larisa's sense of timing.
- When Woo gets kidnapped by an eagle, he ends up obliviously eating its eggs before it can eat him. The eagle's response? "... It makes me sad and a little bit angry that you're eating my offspring." Then it kicks Woo out of its nest until he can "abide by the rules".
- The fact that the school has a rule specifically against dueling between teachers and students.
- Larissa is okay with the fact that Zoey was gay, but she's horrified by the idea that she's not at least bi. She then lays down the difference for her between boys and girls here.
- When Woo and Lily go to see Butterfly sending 'The Special One', this conversation ensues:
Lily: I'm scared, Woo.Woo: Don't worry, Lily. I'll watch you better than any hawk.Lily: But what if we get seperated?Woo: We'll meet in the parking lot.Lily: But what if there's a mass panic?Woo: We'll stay away from large crowds.Lily: But what if an abyss opens up and the four huntsmen of the apocalypse unleash a hail of bullets on us?(the pair reach the crest of a hill, revealing fifty eight thousand six hundred and twelve racoons)Lily: Hold my paw, Woo.(below the comic)Oliver: "I quit" — Powree after she heard that she has to draw 58,612 raccoons.
- "Even if you give Novil a million dollars, I won't commit suicide for you!"
- When Sid goes to visit Woo's kits for the first time, one of them, Vega, automatically thinks he's food. In her defense, she thinks everyone (and that meant everyone) is food.
- Also when he mixes up two of the kits, Lily corrects him. After he leaves, it turns out he hadn't mixed them up; Lily can't tell them apart any more than he can.