Funny: Original Life
- "Hey, Gandalf. This is science fiction. Use your gun."
- Thomas' anti-cootie hazmat suit... And Janie "contaminating" him with the letter's cooties.
- A momentary crossover between My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. "You can watch Ponies upstairs."
- Abigail's response to the fact that she's not turning into a gigantic caterpillar monster after what she assumes was a "botched teleporation" (imaginary adventure), just losing her baby teeth:
- When Fisk and Elizabeth decide to have children. "My MAN'S under these clothes somewhere! I can SMELL him!!!"
- All of 217.
"Think of unsexy things. Nursing homes. Smart cars. Steve Buscemi."
- Fisk "retiring" his "not-a-family-room" couch.
- This. Just, this.
- The wonder of bacon.
"Its like if candy were made of meat! Or if meat were made of candy!"
- When Aron and Beth return in 308. The Towel.
- We get a lot of these in the South Haven arc, most of them involving Aron and Trixie, who apparently can't hold her scotch well.
Trixie: There's my parents. (Waves) Hi guys!(Cut to panel of Trixie's (just as naked) Mom and Dad.)Trixie's Mom: (Waves) Hello Muffin!Trixie (nonchalantly): Yeah, you get used to that, too.Aron: All gone!
- Like when Trixie explains how she's not at all uncomfortable living in South Haven (a clothing-optional community), having been born and raised there. The little Sight Gag with her parents makes it funny:
- "Oh god. Too much massage. ZZZZ."
- Followed by Beth introducing Trixie to scotch, stating its "kind of like wine," which turns out to be Trixie's drink of choice, convincing her to try a glass or two. As Beth explains that you have to "savor the complexities of the flavor," however...
- Some good natured sibling trolling between Janie and Thomas.
- "Well, it was worth a shot."
- "Go to where man is at his lowest[...] Offer him hope."
- What do they need the grill for?!
- "Picture time!"
- "I'll be in the den."
- Thomas teaching Charlie how to be a boy
- Everyone's reactions to Charlie's hair.
Miko (who was about to cut her hair): Are you sure you want me to do this?
- The battle for the pool.
Fisk (to Beth): Grab a drink, honey. It's getting good.
- '''I'll make a rug out of you and fuck my wife on it!!!'''
- "Mm, Cuddles!" ''*scoot, thud, thunk*'' "Hey?"
- The power of Next Gen. compels you, Lynne. The power of Next Gen. compels you!
- From the second South Haven Arc:
Aron: No panties?Trixie: No. Anyone who sees you in panties will know you have a dong.Aron: Yeah, but I'm kind of an immersion method actor.Trixie: You're not wearing my underwear, Aron!Audery (kissing Aron & embracing tenderly): Hey. You're getting a boner.
- Trixie's utter glee at getting to dress Aron in drag.
- Aron's insistence that he wear girls' underwear to complete the image after his make-over, and Trixie's complete shut down of it.
Audrey: Aron and Trixie are funny. We should hang out with them more.Mary: Can you get Aron to wear that skirt, again?Aubrey squints after Trixie as she leaves, eyes glued to her butt.Aubrey (coyly): Yeah, I'd pound that bare ass like a tent peg.Aron spit-takes.
- This is why you never let your friends borrow your phone.
- Trixie keeps stealing Aron's phone, mid-conversation with Audrey, to continually text naughty stuff at her.
- The segues back to Lynne's story have a number of these as well, with moments of Self-Deprecation and Creator Career Self Deprecation most likely playing a part in her struggles and annoyances as a webcomic artist and freelance artist.
Lynne: Why me...?
- An all too familiar annoyance for creative people, or anyone of that matter.
- The downside of taking commissions as an artist? The potential for Squick.
- From the It's a Wonderful Plot arc, we have a couple of these as we see just what life would be like without Fisk in it.
Fisk: So, what's wrong with my sister, hmm? Drugs?Angel: No.Fisk: Loveless marriage?Angel: No.Fisk (listing off on his fingers): Mental illness? Auto sales? Cam whore?Angel: Nope! She's dating a guy who wears a kilt!Fisk: Aw! AW MAN! You're just making shit up now!
- Beth is a complete, anti-social, nihilist who hates everyone equally (including herself), and channels that hate into grotesque, misanthropic artwork. And when she isn't painting she's working on her webcomic.
- When we get to Lucy, Fisk is prepared for the worst, listing a number of terrible possibilities until we get to the real change, which leads to a hilarious moment of What Do You Mean It's Not Heinous?:
- The reveal that Brice (Sissy's husband) isn't seeing anyone, and only asked for an open marriage because he knew that it would drive her nuts, and that by making himself "available" to others, he'd be more attractive to her, flying in the face of her psychosis. The revelation that "men can be just as devious as women" is apparently too much for Elizabeth to take, as she just sits there dumbstruck while Fisk nonchalantly takes a sip of his coffee.
Elizabeth: This changes everything.Fisk (unfazed): The need for sex brings out our best. And our worst.
- "Because mom!" "Because wife!"
Elizabeth: Your saran wrap will be as tight as a drum! (Holds up saran wrapped bowl from out of nowhere as an example.)Sissy: How, did you...Elizabeth (continuing): You will be as a god!
- The "great mystery" of tumblr.