- Just about anytime John Astin showed up as Buddy.
- In Constitution, Part 2, as Dan is trying to administer an insulin shot to a hallucinating Roz, while she is standing on a roof ledge.
Roz: What's that behind your back?
- In Danny Got His Gun, Part 1, Dan - who is in the US Army Reserves - is called into active duty. Fearful that he is going to be sent into a war zone, Dan tries to provoke Bull into injuring him so he's unfit for combat duty. Among the many insults he throws at Bull...
Dan: Your mother conceived you in the backseat of a clown car!
- Later, Dan plots to fake several physical injuries to get out of going. His tune changes and he has a miraculous recovery when he finds out that his commanding officer, Major Savage, is an Action Girl and that the mission involves them posing as a couple and going undercover at an exotic resort, in order to do reconnaissance on a Banana Republic. And that's when Dan's Plan C kicks in as his Bumbling Sidekick Phil the Bum shows up with flowers, candy and a declaration of his love for Dan.
Dan: It's not what you think! I'm paying him!
) That's even MORE
- At the end of the episode, the courthouse receives a telegram about how Dan's plane crashed just north of Hudson and he's presumed dead. He bribes the guy delivering the telegram to sing it, with him doing so in the tune of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" to the first part of the telegram. As everyone else is in shock over the possibility of Dan being dead, Bull proceeds to continue singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat".
- The Season 5 Halloween episode Safe has Dan thinking that he has literally sold his soul to the devil, leading to:
Dan: He knows everything! Every lie, every sleazy deal, things I never told anyone!
Mac: Except me!
Dan: [...] You. You? YOU!!! Oh thank God!! [keels over]
- Even better is Mac's response when Dan recovers.
Mac: (barely repressing a giggle) The Devil made me do it.
- In Earthquake, as Harry complains about the monotony of the cases being brought before him recently, two sumo wrestlers in full costume are escorted in.
Harry Sumos again?
- Harry tells someone he has every Mel Torme record ever released:
Harry: I'm gonna marry the girl that's impressed by that.
- From the first episode:
"The Defense wants Heads, Your Honor!"
- To expand, Harry had been making decisions by flipping a coin, which he chose to refer to as "The Coin of Justice", such as saying that if the coin came up "Heads", he'd remain a judge, and "Tails", he'd resign. Then he told Carla B. that if it was "Heads", he'd fine her, and "Tails" he'd jail her. And again, it was Heads. We finally learn that Harry was using a double-headed coin.
- This scene from ''Still Another Day In The Life''.
- In I'm OK, You're Catatonic/Schizophrenic, Dan accidentally destroys Harry's Mel Torme record collection. Harry has to be physically restrained when he's informed of this. Filled with rage, we get this classic line:
- This episode also featured a cameo by Mel Torme, who gave Harry his complete discography after hearing what happened to his biggest fan. Unfortunately, Harry was unaware of this development and already had executed his revenge on Dan by taking apart Dan's car piece-by-piece in his office. A distraught Dan grabs his car-less steering wheel and pretends to drive before Night Court's typical freeze-frame then credits ending.
- Then there's the discussion of "Edward Lotz, aka Crazy Eddie, aka 'Eddie the Machete', aka 'Edward Scissor-Glands'":
Christine: Something tells me this guy's gone way beyond white-collar.
Dan: Don't be silly. He's only wanted for... (reads rap sheet) performing plastic surgery without a license.
- When the state announces it didn't meet the budget deadline and state employees won't get paid, Dan flips out and tosses the mini-television they heard this on out the window screaming that he only has twelve cents in the bank.
Dan: I don't know what came over me. Harry, I'm sorry about your TV.
Christine: Let me tell him.
Dan: Tell me what?
Christine: It was Bull's.
Dan: Aaaaah! [Bull angrily gets up and begins advancing on Dan] He's getting up... He's coming over here!
- In Russkie Business, Funny Foreigner Yakov is desperate for a way back to Russia to take care of his sick mother. The official who originally denied Yakov's application for a travel visa - a stereotypical large Russian woman - takes a liking to Dan and tells him that she could make an exception for Yakov if Dan slept with her. When Dan tells everyone else about this breech of protocol...
Yakov: Mr. Fielding! You would do this for me?
Dan: I'd sooner do it WITH you.
Yakov: (beat) Well, if you think it would help...
- Also from ''Russkie Business'', One running gag of the episode had Christine being overly sensitive about her appearance, after Harry pointed out a small dent under her eyebrow. At the end of the episode, Bull delivers a note, apparently written by a secret admirer, talking about how beautiful Christine is and how the author would like to take her to dinner. When Christine assumes that the note was just an effort by everyone else to make her feel better and storms off offended, Bull walks across the cafeteria to another table.
Bull:Sorry. I guess she wasn't interested.
(The camera pans over to reveal Tonight Show
host Johnny Carson)
Johnny Carson:I'm sorry to hear that.
Bull:Excuse me, but aren't you married now?
Johnny Carson: (confused) I - I don't know.
- In "The Former Harry Stone," everyone begins to question how old Harry is, so a pool is setup and ages are picked while they wait for his record to come in. At the end of the episode, Harry tells them he's 34. Everyone eagerly checks the list for who picked 34.
Dan: Who's H.T.S.?
(realization, as everyone looks at Harry)
Harry: (smiling) Call it a hunch.
- In The Game Show, Bull is going on a local game show to raise the money needed to save the after-school program he works for but is afraid he'll crack under pressure. Dan, who knows something about hypnosis, tries to hypnotize Bull to be more confident whenever he hears a certain key phrase. Owing to bad timing due to Dan's attempting to pick up a passing woman, the phrase used is "I want to be your love slave." Christine goes to the studio with Bull and hilarity and confusion ensue as she tries to activate the phrase.
Christine: You're not going to be nervous because... (sultry) I want to be your love slave.
Bull: Say, that IS good news!
Christine: No, Bull. You don't understand... (slowly and deliberately) I want to be your love slave!
Bull: Christine, you're making my brain sweat!
- Eventually, they figure out that the person who said the catch phrase needs to be the one one to trigger it. Dan races to the TV studio, but is unable to speak to Bull in the break between rounds. It isn't until Bull has overcome his fear and won the game on his own that Dan is eventually able to force his way on the stage to shout "Bull! I want to be your love slave!" on live TV before a crowd of millions.
- In Snoop And Nuts, Part Two, this exchange after Harry and Buddy start talking about their relationship now that Harry knows Buddy is his biological father.
Harry: If you'd had the chance to name me, what would it have been?
Buddy: Oh, that's easy! I would have named you Mel!
Buddy: The greatest voice in the world!
: You would have named me after Mel Torme