- Sarah and James pretend to be engaged to get out of James being press-ganged. It is as full of Ship Tease as that implies.
- This exchange between James and Henri outside the Congress building:
Henri: Sam Adams kicked the bucket!James: Sam Adams is dead?!Henri: No, he kicked my bucket! Water everywhere! Ugh, what a mess!
- All of Lafayette's arrival.
Lafayette: Henri, you said you would take us to the Continental Congress!Henri: I said I could take you to the Continental Congress.
- When inside of Ben Franklin's workshop, Lafayette looks around. This happens.
Sarah: [obviously awed by the presence of noblemen] A baron and a marquis!Sarah: [kicks James in the shin]
- When James and Sarah meet Lafayette and De-Kalb:
Sarah: Marquis, please, tell us of your trip here.Lafayette: There is nothing to tell, and I must go.Baron De-Kalb: Nothing to tell?! He dressed as a woman to sneak out of France!Lafayette: (Awkwardly) I was wearing a merchant's cloak.
- This bit:
Lafayette (Narrating): That night, properly disguised–Lafayette: I was wearing a merchant's cloak.Baron De-Kalb: Whatever you say, my friend. note
- Later on:
Lafayette: (Talking to George Washington) And then finally, I sneaked out wearing a wig and a dress!
- Gets a laugh out of George Washington himself.
- After The Reveal about Henri's backstory, tension is obviously high, especially for Sarah. After Henri's installation at Benjamin Franklin's shop is discussed, Henri remarks that Mr. Franklin did something bad. Sarah, obviously expecting something horrific, asks what. Henri proceeds to reveal that it was Franklin's insistence on him learning to read in both French and English.
- During one of the Now & Then segments:
Sarah: Mr. Shark, you are so uncivilized!
Funny / Liberty's Kids
This show has its fair share of funny moments, but most likely because the network required some to keep it child-friendly enough.