This show has its fair share of funny moments, but most likely because the network required some to keep it child-friendly enough.
* Sarah and James pretend to be engaged to get out of James being press-ganged. It is as full of ShipTease as that implies.
* This exchange between James and Henri outside the Congress building:
--> '''Henri:''' Sam Adams kicked the bucket!
-->'''James:''' Sam Adams is ''dead''?!
-->'''Henri:''' No, he kicked ''my'' bucket! Water everywhere! Ugh, what a mess!
* Washington's introduction and arrival at the Continental Congress, where his horseman is on the receiving end of "shoddy British goods" when the door of Washington's coach falls off!
-->'''Washington:''' Such poor worksmanship on this coach! ''(Helps up his horseman)'' It is an ''outrage''.
* '''All''' of Lafayette's arrival.
** When inside of Ben Franklin's workshop, Lafayette looks around. This happens.
--> '''Lafayette:''' Henri, you said you would take us to the Continental Congress!
--> '''Henri:''' I said I ''could'' take you to the Continental Congress.
** When James and Sarah meet Lafayette and De-Kalb:
--> '''Sarah:''' [obviously awed by the presence of noblemen] A baron ''and'' a marquis!
--> '''James:''' [[SarcasmMode Yeah. We're]]'' [[SarcasmMode so]]'' [[SarcasmMode impressed.]]
--> '''Sarah:''' [kicks James in the shin]
** This bit:
--> '''Sarah:''' Marquis, please, tell us of your trip here.
--> '''Lafayette:''' There is nothing to tell, and I must go.
--> '''Baron De-Kalb:''' Nothing to tell?! He [[UnplannedCrossdressing dressed as a woman to sneak out of France!]]
--> '''Lafayette:''' (Awkwardly) I was [[BlatantLies wearing a merchant's cloak.]]
** Later on:
--> '''Lafayette (Narrating):''' That night, properly disguised–
--> '''Baron De-Kalb (Interrupting the story):''' ''[[LastSecondWordSwap Dressed!]]'' [[LargeHam AS A VOOMAN!]] (Laughs)
--> '''Lafayette:''' ''[[RunningGag I was wearing a merchant's cloak.]]''
--> '''Baron De-Kalb:''' Whatever you say, my friend. [[note]] [[BrickJoke the flashback actually shows Lafayette as a woman, having to keep his skirt down, men on the ship he took to the colonies being confused about him being dressed in such a way, and the wig being the first thing he loses while on his journey.]] [[/note]]
--> '''Lafayette:''' (Talking to George Washington) And then finally, I sneaked out wearing a wig and a dress!
*** Gets a laugh out of George Washington himself.
* Lafayette's first battle at Brandywine, where he desperately tries to organize the retreat. Trying to reassure the panicked soldiers, he stands right in the path of enemy fire, and declares "Look! The British can't hit the broadside of a barn!" What do the watching soldiers do? Continue to panic and run away.
* After TheReveal about Henri's [[MadeASlave backstory]], tension is obviously high, especially for Sarah. After Henri's installation at Benjamin Franklin's shop is discussed, Henri remarks that Mr. Franklin did something bad. Sarah, obviously expecting something horrific, asks what. Henri proceeds to reveal that it was Franklin's insistence on him learning to read in both French ''and'' English.
* During one of the Now & Then segments:
--> '''Sarah:''' Mr. Shark, you are so uncivilized!
* After Lafayette rejects an invitation to join the [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway_Cabal Conway Cabal]], he begins to rant to Moses and Sarah about it, only to suddenly realize that they had shown up quite unexpectedly.
--> '''Lafayette:''' What are ''you'' doing here?
* Henri is made an army drummer in exchange for his agreement to keep his clothes on despite the summer heat. He then proceeds to annoy Sarah and Lafayette with his drum until the latter throws him, drum and all, out of the tent.
* General Charles Lee insisting on bringing his poodles everywhere he goes, even into the field of battle! He leaves them in the care of his rather unfortunate lieutenant who is constantly at their mercy. Later at Monmouth, General Lee orders his troops to retreat, against Washington's orders before proceeding to insult the troops. You can clearly see the lieutenant [[ThrowTheDogABone smirking]] when Washington strips Lee of his command.
* Henri sneaking off to spy on the British during the battle on Long Island, getting himself captured when the Americans are forced to retreat. Before escaping, he accidentally triggers a wagon of gunpowder to explode, much to the surprise of the retreating troops.
-->'''Udney:''' Now ''that's'' something you don't see every day...
** Even better, Henri returns to town covered in ashes, and completely denies having done anything wrong to James and Sarah when they demand answers. They both decide they'd rather not know.