Funny: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
- The intro sequence, which is pretty much an Establishing Character Moment in the entire series. Etna decides that since Laharl won't wake up, she's gonna have to resort to shooting him. He wakes up and asks about the weapons behind her, and Etna defends he's a heavy sleeper. When she tells Laharl that his father died two years ago while he was asleep, he grows angry and asks why she didn't wake him earlier, to which Etna responds "what do you think I've been doing all this time?"
- Stage 6-3 for instance:
Enemy Prinnies: We challenge you to a game of baseball, dood!Laharl: "Etna."Etna: "Yes?"Laharl: "Kill them."
- Laharl: Do you want me to give human kids an addictive video game that will deprive them of their sleep?
- The entirety of Captain Gordon, Defender of Earth!'s gloriously wacked-out introduction chapter.
- Early in the first game, Flonne is talking about Love and Friendship and Stuff, and has this exchange with Etna:
Etna: What good is that stuff? Is your head full of flowers or something?
Flonne: Yes, I love flowers.
Etna: Oh geez... Your head IS full of flowers.
- Flonne's entire introduction is one funny moment after another. She enters the castle making her own ninja sound effects. She then starts contemplating whether or not it's right to assassinate someone she doesn't know and then starts realizing that killing someone she does know is wrong too, which is then hilariously lampshaded by Laharl ("Who are you, and why are you in my room talking to yourself?"). And, of course, there's the way she introduces herself to Laharl:
Flonne: Nice to meet you! I'm an assassin! ...whoops. I wasn't supposed to say that...
- How did you forget about Mid-boss (Dark Adonis Vyers)? Except the very serious parts in the first game, he gets dogged by the protagonists in every single appearance.
(After being insulted and degraded by Laharl.)Vyers: How dare you! I am the Dark Adonis Vy...Laharl: Who gives a damn about you? Your new name is "Mid-Boss".Mid-Boss: Mi, Mi,M id-Boss!?
- Just to emphasize: The above mid-dialogue name change is canon. The moment Laharl declares Vyers' new name, the game itself obeys his command and changes it.
- The Prism Rangers. As they are preparing to initiate their Transformation Sequence, Etna shoots them.
Prism Red: "Bluuueee....Yelllowwww!!!!"
- In "War of the Netherworld, part 2", everytime someone mentions that Jennifer is about to be modified, Laharl, Etna, and Flonne all imagine a giant robot version of Jennifer stomping around a city until Gordon yells at them for it.
- In Episode 3 of Afternoon's Etna Mode, Flonne confronts Etna at the Sea of Gehenna...wearing a sentai mask. Calling herself 'Justice Flonne', she swears to defeat Etna, and after being chased off the first time, she comes back, claiming to have powered up. All she does is turn on lights where the mask's eyes are.
Etna: That's it? So your eyes are glowing...?Flonne: Yes. Now, I can see in the dark.Etna: Anyone who walks around at night, wearing that mask has gotta be some kind of crazy.
- In Episode 9, when Jennifer and Thursday meet the Disgaea trio. This is Thursday's response when he senses lifeforms approaching:
Thursday: LIFE FORMS ARE APPROACHING. OH $*&% RUN RUN RUN...!
Thursday: GORDON KEEPS STARING AT JENNIFER'S THIGHS. PERVERT - PERVERT - PERVERT!
- And in his first scene:
- Vulcanus' reaction to the contents of a book he finds while sneaking around Laharl's castle;
Vulcanus: This page! This page! All of these pages!
- Captain Gordon, Defender of Earth!'s gloriouse introduction.
- And his Bad Bad Acting when he wants to sneak away from Laharl. "LA LA LAAAA!".
- The "zombie horse wiener" scene from episode 7.
- Laharl and Flonne meeting Jeniffer, and hearing assumptions that demons are horrible monsters with tentacles, which the two of them take offense to and wonder where she got those ideas from.
- After the boss fight with the previous Defender of the Earth, Flonne is angry at Laharl for not throwing the fight and says he's "The worst" before the ghost cuts her off and says that even though he lost, he can still pass on. Everyone prepares to move on, but Laharl and Etna start to wonder what exactly Flonne was going to call Laharl. Thurday promptly states "Now calculating, now calculating," and as he prepares to give the answer, Flonne does a Big NO and slams him into a wall. Et a replies she's worse than a demon.
- Episode 10. Its plot revolves around chasing Mid-Boss because he stole their picnic basket.
- Upon catching up with Mid-Boss, Gordon, Jennifer, and Thursday do a hammy Power Rangers-esque pose. Flonne gets jealous that they're stealing the show and forces Laharl and Etna to go along, and their presentation is so damn unenthusiastic.
- At the start of chapter 4, read the "something good" Flonne offers as her virginity and the scene Crosses the Line Twice.