- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
- Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
- Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
- Disgaea Dimension 2
- They also can happen mid-battle. Seeing your ninja character get hit by a Jack-O-Lantern's Jacknife attack, being stabbed multiple times in mid-air and then thrown to the ground with a bang, only for 'Miss' to appear always makes me chuckle.
- Not actually part of the story yet hilarious nevertheless: In Disgaea 3, there's a brand new class called the "Superhero". He not only has one of the largest movement and jump stats in the game, but he can go through enemies much like flying characters. However, there is one oversite in his sprite animations: he doesn't jump. Instead, he merely slides up the wall using his normal standing animation.
- Actually, that's what happens with all Flight-type movement characters. Give Asagi her "Sky High" Evility, which gives her the same properties as a flight-type character, and watch her Air Guitar her way up the wall.
- The item descriptions. ALL of them. Highlights include, but certainly aren't limited to:
Assassin Bow: Best when fired from a grassy knollCharred Newt: Recovers HP/SP. He didn't get better.Trumpet Gun: Be sure to put your lips to the right endGuillotine Axe: Let's not lose our heads over thisPoison Knuckle: Try not to pick your nose with this.Sesshomaru: Hurry up and find the damn jewel shards!Love Spankin': Oh my word! Don't stop!Soul Eater: Beware its strange foot fetish.
- In Prinny 2, when the Prinnies finally trap the Phantom Thief, he decides to use the Omega
IceCool spell to summon the Spell Keeper, Joshua. However, instead of instantly unleashing powerful ice magic, she clumsily drops onto the stage, apparently busy reading a magazine, and answers a call on her cell phone. While she does lend the Phantom Thief a little help in the form of random ice magic, she spends the entire battle on the phone!
- The "End Turn" Running Gag in the tutorials where the player's turn ends early and the main character gets completely surrounded by the all enemy units and pummeled to death due either to curiosity or the amusement of the other characters. Mao deserves special mention as he ends the turn himself; Killia deserves mention because he survives.