Between the awesome music and the wide cast of characters, there's quite a few moments that will have the viewer giggling. Please place all examples in order of airdate
open/close all folders
Season 1 and Series-wide
- "Ow, my eye!" It never gets old hearing that poor kid get smacked in the eye.
- "Ow, my other eye!"
- In the first episode, Madison gets a tuba stuck on her head. Later, while everyone is stuck in the rain, we get this:
Eddie: Li'l D, whatever is the big idea to drag us out into the rain! My cashmere sweater is starting to shrink.Madison: Yeah! And so is this TUBA! (tuba somehow starts shrinking on her head)
Madison: Hey, Kim, Kam, does watching this make you homesick?Kim: Not at all...
- Also in "Home", we get this exchange while they watch the Sunny concert in Japan on TV:
Kam: Besides, we think we hear our mother calling.
- Later, Lil' D tries to have everyone try to sell flyers so people can donate money and watch them play in the park. He then tries to have the others go to split up and sell flyers individually, when this hilarious scene happens:
[Kam's cell phone rings. It is Kim, pretending to be their mother]
Kim (in a Japanese accent): Kim, Kam, time for dinner.
[Both of the twins leave]
Tamika: One, I don't know what a haberdashery is, and two, I don't wanna know. Besides, I think I hear my mom calling. [puts on a slightly higher pitched voice than her own, covers her mouth, and speaks into her phone] Tamika, time for dinner! Sorry, I gotta go.
Lil' D: How 'bout you, Eddie?
Eddie: Uh, I don't know, uh, ooh, I think I hear Tamika's mom callin'. [speaks into his phone similar to Tamika, but with a raspy voice] Eddie, time for dinner. [normal voice] Sorry. It's the only impression I do.
[Eddie leaves Lil' D: Philly Phil?
[Philly Phil opens his cell phone and looks at Lil D, fakingly surprised before dashing off]
- "The Hunt for Red Blobtober" might as well be a crowning episode of funny.
- The running gag of Kam getting humiliated in some fashion and a bus full of people he knows stopping to say "HI KAM!"
- Cheddar Man makes knockoffs of popular films. Starring himself. As every role. As part of a Brick Joke, he's seen filming The Wizard of Oz. Playing the Wicked Witch and then Dorothy.
- Kam asks if a parrot talks. The parrot says its owner "Just sits there and smiles like an idiot!"
- Said parrot shows up later when the kids accidentally unleash The Blob into the world. "It's a blob! Run for your lives!"
- The series-wide "Ow! My eye!" gag returns, thanks to Madison throwing records and recording tracks.
- Madison being literal-mind. How literal? She thinks you're supposed to bring fleas to a flea market and an actual garage to a garage sale.
- Made funnier because they apparently managed to sell the garage.
- There's an Art Shift outside the music video where the show suddenly turns into Pac-Man.
- Several characters make an excuse to get away from the kids. Jan the janitor's is "I got to go plunge a toilet." When we see him again, he actually is plunging a toilet.
- From "Brotha From the Third Rock", we get this little gem.
Philly Phil: *while walking around what he believes is an alien plant with broken glasses and while being disoriented* 'Well, wherever I am, it appears to have air, sunlight, and- *trips* ... gravity.'
- In "A Westley Side Story", after arriving at the Regional Competition, we get this:
Sunny: Wonder if we got here before Eastley. *Crash* *Sunny's face goes blank* Nope.Eddie: (Holding a brick, reading) "Dear Westley, we ran out of rocks, but you still stink. Signed: Eastley." *another crash*Philly Phil: (reading) "Dear Westley, we found more rocks."
Sunny: Now if I know Eastley, they're gonna try some dirty tricks on you. So y'all better keep a real close eye on your instruments.Lil'D: We will. We ain't no dummies.Sunny: I'm serious y'all, don't let nothing distract you. *leaves*Lil'D: Hey look! A balloon!Madison: And it's white! *Everyone runs after it, and the ones holding their instruments toss them behind them*
- Made even funnier when you take into account that Eddie and Phil used their totally normal voices for that.
- There's also everyone but Kim and Kam (who are absent) grabbing hold soundly of the Idiot Ball. It's so obvious, it seems almost like a parody of it.
Sunny: One for Kim...one for Madison.Madison: Yes! Pick me!
- In the same episode the class has to vote on another class mate to stay behind from the band competition, à la Survivor. Madison completely misses the point and thinks that she is suppose to vote for herself.
- In "Free Philly", when Philly Phil is reunited with his friends, if you listen REALLY closely, you can here Kam going: "Ahhhh... Cheesy Puffs..."