Film: Tammy and the T-Rex
Tammy and the T-Rex
— an evil scientist implants the brain of Michael, a murdered high school student, in an animatronic Tyrannosaurus
. He escapes, wreaks vengeance on his high school tormentors and is reunited with his sweetheart Tammy. Together, the couple try to elude the mad scientist and the police and find a more appropriate vessel for Michael's brain.
The film marks the early appearances of Denise Richards and Paul Walker
as the main characters.
Tammy and the T-Rex provides examples of the following tropes:
- Absolute Cleavage: Wachenstein's assistance in a white nurse's outfit, complete with Black Bra.
- Artistic License – Biology: The plot should have failed entirely the moment Dr. Wachenstein took Michael's brain out of his body.
- Brain in a Jar: Michael after being removed from the animatronic T-Rex.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Billy, Tammy's ex-boyfriend who beats up Michael for hanging out with her, barges into her house when he suspects Michael is sneaking into there, and leaves him at the animal park to be mauled by lions.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: The animatronic T-Rex.
- Hello, Nurse!: Dr. Wachenstein's nurse.
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Wachenstein.
- Makes Just as Much Sense in Context: There's no explanation as to why Dr. Wachenstein even has an animatronic T-Rex in the first place and there's no good reason given for putting a human brain in it when it can clearly think and move on its own.
- Man in the Machine: Micheal
- Mood Whiplash: All over the place.
- After gruesomely murdering a henchman and scaring off an old lady, T-Rex!Michael goes to a pay phone and tries to call Tammy about his situation.
- During his rampage at the party Tammy was at, T-Rex!Michael picks up Byron and comically dusts him off before putting him down.
- Right after Tammy mourns the destruction of Michael's T-Rex body, there's a scene which involves Tammy giving Michael's brain an alcoholic drink and a striptease.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Michael kills a henchman and the bullies that put him in a coma after becoming a cyborg.
- Smart Ball: Tammy somehow comes up with the idea of putting Michael's brain in a cadaver without much foreshadowing.
- Squashed Flat: A mook and some bullies.
- Twofer Token Minority: Byron, Tammy's black effeminate friend.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Micheal was killed to make Dr. Wachenstein's cyborg dinosaur.