Film: Surf Nazis Must Die
"Who rules the beaches?"
"Who rules the surfers?"
"Surf Nazis! Surf Nazis!"An action-comedy film released and distributed by Troma in 1987. It has amassed a cult following over the years.After an earthquake mangles the California coastline, variety of gangs take control of the beaches. One of these gangs are the eponymous Surf Nazis, who during one of their exploits kill a man named Leroy Washington who interferes with a purse-snatching perpetrated by them. This turns out to be a bad move, for Leroy's Mama doesn't take this lightly and decides to take them down.
This film provides examples of:
- Big Bad: Adolf, ruler of the Surf Nazis and the self-proclaimed "Fuhrer of the Beach".
- The Brute: Brutus is the muscle of the Surf Nazis.
- Chainsaw Good: On the chainsaw-surfboard contraption that appears on the poster, and only on the poster.
- Cutlass Between the Teeth: Done by the leader of the Pipeliners when he is climbing a ladder.
- Dastardly Dapper Derby: Worn by Hook when he's not surfing.
- Distracted by the Sexy: The waitress at the bar that Wheels is visiting tries to do this to him to snatch the money in his possession. Unfortunately to her, Wheels' lady didn't stay with the kids.
- The Evil Genius: Mengele, the weapons crafter (genius may be stretching it but he seems to be the only one smart enough to question Adolf's decisions).
- Evil Laugh: Eva is fond of it, and she usually displays it around fire.
- When Wheels, the drug dealing biker, goes to a bar, he is greeted by a waitress who sits on his lap and lifts her top.
- There's also Adolf's and Eva's sex scene during the Surf Nazis' brief fight against the Samurai Surfers.
- Groin Attack: One member of Designer Waves tries to deliver a martial arts kick at Hook, who counters it with by grabbing the guy's leg and striking his groing with his hook hand.
- Harpoon Gun: Brutus' weapon of choice. Mengele suggests that he is Compensating for Something with it.
- Hook Hand: Hook, who lost his hand to a shark in the past. He has various hooks to choose from, all made by Mengele.
- Knife Fight: Between Mengele and the Pipeliners leader.
- Licking the Blade: Mengele does this with his knife after killing the Pipeliners leader.
- Mama Bear: Eleanor Washington. Bonus points for her nickname being "Mama."Mama: I wanna buy a gun. One that'll shoot the head off a honky at 20 paces.
- Momma's Boy: Smeg, who ends up being kept away from warning the Surf Nazis about the vengeful Mrs. Washington due to his demanding mother.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Adolf, Eva and Mengele. Though those are not their real names.
- Off with His Head!: Eva is decapitated when a boat commandeered by Mrs. Washington drives over her.
- Pre Mortem Oneliner: Given by Mama Washington when she finally gets to put her gun into Adolf's mouth.Mrs: Washington: Taste some of the Mama's home cooking, Adolf!
- Red Right Hand: Hook has a hook for a hand.
- Retired Badass: Leroy, a man that would be the hero in a normal action movie, is murdered by the Surf Nazis. Cue his aged mother to leaving the retirement home and curb stomping the bastards.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Mama starts hunting the Surf Nazis after her son dies at their hands.
- Slashed Throat: Eva slices the throat of one of the Samurai Surfers who tries to assasinate her and Adolf.
- Serious Business: Surfing for the beach gangs, as they are willing to fight each other for the best locations.
- Those Wacky Nazis: It's all in the name of the film.
- Totally Radical: This being a surfer film in the 80's, there is plenty of surfer lingo like "gnarly".
- Unholy Matrimony: Between Adolf and his girlfriend Eva.
- Visible Boom Mic: Can be seen after Mrs. Washington ambushes the sleeping Surf Nazis with a grenade, and Mengele stumbles out of the resulting explosion.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Brutus never wears a shirt. There are a couple of scenes in which he has No Shirt, Long Jacket.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: After Brutus' face is splashed with acid and he is blinded, Adolf finishes him off relying on this. Unusually to this trope, he is actually remorseful about it later.Adolf: You're useless to me now, Brutus.