Warner Premier presents the 2010 live-action made-for-TV movie Scooby Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster, sequel to Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins directed by Brian Levant, produced by Brian Gilbert and written by Daniel Altiere and Steven Altiere.When Scooby (Frank Welker), Shaggy (Nick Palatas), Velma (Hayley Kiyoko), Daphne (Kate Melton) and Fred (Robbie Arnell) start their summer jobs at the country club, they begin to notice strange happenings, creepy characters and a Frog Monster on the loose. Will the team be able to solve this mystery?
Tropes appearing in this:
- Better as Friends: Shaggy and Velma decide this at the end of the film.
- Burn the Witch!: Happens to Wanda Grubwort when alive in the 1800s.
- Demoted to Extra: Scooby himself, who's largely Out of Focus in this movie.
- Eat the Evidence: When Daphne finds Shaggy doodling his name and Velma's on a napkin, he immediately eats the napkin.
- Foot Popping: Played entirely straight between Velma and Shaggy.
- Gaussian Girl: Used as a joke when Fred catches Daphne after she'd knocked out a barn's upper window. As the pair gaze at each other and they both realize he's saved her life, the image of Fred is blurred and soft-lit.
- Giant Novelty Check: Daphne's Uncle gives one to the gang to thank them for solving the mystery. It comes from "the Bank of Hanna-Barbera".
- In Medias Res: The film opens with Mystery, Inc. chasing the witch through the house.
- Lighthouse Point: Lampshaded by Shaggy:"Heh. Would you look at that. Our first suspect just happens to be the keeper of a creepy old lighthouse. You know, just once, I wish we found a mystery that started in a cheery futon showroom."
- Magic Staff: Wanda Grubwort could bring objects to her with it.
- Mr. Fanservice: Well, hello, Shirtless (and very muscled!) Fred.
- Old-Fashioned Rowboat Date: Shaggy fantasizes about going on one (or, at least, a stage version of one) with Velma during the "By the Light of the Silvery Moon" number.
- Overly Long Tongue: The frog monsters.
- Scary Scarecrows: There is a flashback to an encounter with one in Old Man Frink's barn (which explains why the kids need to take summer jobs).
- Scooby-Dooby Doors: When chasing the witch through Trowburg's house.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Shaggy points out that Trowburg is Grubwort spelt backwards.
- This Is My Side: Scooby paints a line down the middle of the room he shares with Shaggy following an argument over Shaggy's date with Velma.