A 2003 comedy starring Jamie Kennedy.
Bill Gluckman is running for governor of California. He seems a shoo-in, but there is one issue: his son Bradley, or as he prefers to be called, B-Rad G. A white hip-hop gangsta wannabe
, B-Rad threatens to derail the campaign. So on the advice of his aides, Gluckman hires actors to impersonate thugs and scare the black out of his son. Hilarity Ensues
This film provides examples of:
- Amusing Injuries: B-Rad gets shot in the foot and ends up with a harpoon in his butt.
- And You Thought It Was a Game: B-Rad is kidnapped by real thugs part way through the movie, but having recently discovered the sham he thinks it is all part of the plot. He begins to act the part, and manages to become a member of the gang and drive off an armed attack.
- Armor-Piercing Question: In an argument between B-Rad's father and his campaign manager.
Gluckman: Are you trying to get votes out of this?
Gibbsons: I'm trying to win and you don't seem to care!
Gluckman: I'm his father!
Gibbsons: Since when?
- Badass Unintentional: After B-Rad is kidnapped by real gangsters he continues to think that it is all part of the act, so he begins to act the part and repels an armed assault without realizing he is firing real guns.
- Bland-Name Product: Tec owns a "Gamecast". Even B-Rad finds it odd.
Nah, I got GameCast. B-rad:
GameCast? Well, there's Gamecube
and then there's Dreamcast
. Which you got? Tec:
Well, I said I got Gamecast, man. Damn! I can't afford it!
- Classically-Trained Extra: Within the movie, Sean and P.J. went to the Juliard School of the Fine Arts and have impeccable diction, but have nonetheless failed to get anything better than commercials and background roles as gangsters and thugs (See also Typecasting below)
- Dynamic Entry: Both B-Rads crew, and his dad come to rescue him by smashing a car through Tec's house. Tec is less than pleased the second time.
Tec: Doesn't anyone know where the goddamn driveway is!?
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Kal Penn AKA Kumar as Hadji.
- Greg Grunberg(Who would go on to play Matt Parkman) is one of Gluckman's aides.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: There's the following exchange after B-Rad shoots at a bunch of gang members:
Tec: Hey, yo, that was ill. Hey, where'd you learn that from?
B-Rad: Grand Theft Auto 3.
- Imagine Spot: B-Rad is prone to these:
- When he first sees Shondra he fantasizes about her coming up to him and opening her shirt to him in the middle of the coffee shop.
- B-Rad has a brief fantasy spot about actually robbing a liquor store. He decides against it, when he get's knocked on his ass in the fantasy. Good thing too...
- Legacy Character: B-Rad originates from Jamie Kennedy's sketch comedy show, The Jamie Kennedy Experiment.
- N-Word Privileges: The club is just having fun ripping on B-Rad's terrible rapping until he drops the N-word. Then things get ugly.
- Not What It Looks Like: Tec used to say it all the time, and it was always what it looked like.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Word of God states that B-Rad is based off of Eminem.
- Outrun the Fireball: At the end of the house party when B-Rad's crew accidentally discharges their "gats" and the rocket launcher ends up in the oven.
- Piss Take Rap: B-Rad thinks he's a wonderful rapper, until the guys hired to "scare the black out of him" enter him in a rap battle.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: B-Rad and his friends are privileged kids from Malibu who think they are gangsta. The entire plot is a scheme by his father's campaign manager to "scare the black out of him" so he'll stop being a public embarrassment.
- Typecasting: In-Universe example. Sean and P.J. are a couple of suburban California wimps, but always get cast as thugs or gangsters (See also Classically-Trained Extra above).
- Reality Ensues: When B-Rad is finally convinced that the gang is real.
- Rhymes on a Dime: B-Rad fancies himself as a "lyricologist". But his rhymes are...a little weak.
B-Rad: Shrink shrink blinkety blink. Try to make me think. Make we wanna go to my sink and vomit. Clean it up with Comet. Earth is my plawnet.
- Title Drop: During B-Rad's Badass Unintentional moment.
B-Rad: I'm Malibu's most wanted ya'll!
- What Happened to the Mouse?: B-Rad's sister appears at the film's start, and is never seen or mentioned after that.