Film: Bunny Bust
Bunny Bust is a series of comedic Youtube shorts created, produced, and acted by the YouTube group known as The Creatures. It consists of the original Bunny Bust (found here) and Bunny Bust II (Part 1 and Part 2). The shorts deal with the exploits of a cop (who may or may not be a real police officer) who busts a drug ring and then faces the consequences of messing with the wrong criminals.
This show provides examples of:
- Affably Evil: Dieter (pronounced "dee-ter") is always shown wearing a nice suit.
- Berserk Button: Do not, repeat, DO NOT hurt Petunia around the Archer.
- Chekhov's Gun: Petunia.
- Companion Cube: Petunia is this to the Archer. Did I mention that Petunia is a small tree?
- Cool Shades: The Cop sports a pair of aviators.
- Disney Death: Gas Mask Man
- G-Rated Drug: The drug ring is selling and snorting Fun Dip.
- He Who Must Not Be Heard: Horse, Bunny, Gumby. Also, the teddy bear prostitutes only make murmuring sounds.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: The Cop and Horse.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: Interestingly used by both the good guys and the bad guys.
- Killed Off for Real: Bunny, Horse, Gumby, Dieter
- Let's You and Him Fight: When the Cop and Gumby first meet. Subverted when it turns out Gumby is a villain anyway.
- The Mole: Gumby
- Moral Event Horizon: Dieter and Gumby leave the head of The Cop's first partner, Horse in the Cop's bed.
- Only in It for the Money: Dieter, based on this quote:Cop: How can you do what you do? Destroy lives?Dieter: It's all pretty worth it, once you see the paycheck.
- Although his reasons for going after the Cop specifically are a little more personal.
- Old Cop, Young Cop: The Cop and whoever his rookie partner is at the time.
- On Patrol Montage: After the Cop selects Gumby as his new partner, they are shown going on a few quick crime busts together. Hilariously doubles as a Good Times Montage.
- The Reveal: Several
- Dieter is actually Bunny's brother.
- Gumby is working for Dieter and became the Cop's partner to get close to him.
- Gas Mask Man is NOT dead. He faked it with a blood packet. Also, he's the real brains behind the Cop's operation.
- Subverted when the Cop claims he works for no one and just talks to himself. He's actually lying to protect his organization.
- Sequel Escalation: The original Bunny Bust is less than five minutes long and is filmed almost entirely in one garage. Bunny Bust II is split into two parts, is almost 25 minutes long, is filmed in a handful of locations, adds more characters, and is more cinematic.
- The Tag: The Cop finally deals with The One That Got Away from the prostitution bust.