Fanfic Recs: Axis Powers Hetalia Authors And Websites
The fanfic recommendations page
for Axis Powers Hetalia
grew so long that we had to split it into subpages. This subpage is for authors and websites.
You can add to the current recommendations if you want; please do remember that you need to use the template found here
and sign your rec
for it to stay on the page. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
- Recommended by ranichi17
- Pairing(s): USUK, on the rare instance she wrote a romance fic.
- The author behind Project NA, she is usually writing North America-centric fics. She also specialises in Tear Jerker fics that have Bittersweet Endings, the types that make you want to go kill yourself just to get it over with. You Have Been Warned.
and Puella Nerdii
(all their fics can be found here
, with hilarious summaries by the authors themselves)
- Recommended by Marionetta
- Pairing(s): Mostly England/America (200+ years of UST), but others too
- I'm recommending these two jointly because they work together, their fics go in the same timeline and style. Now there are many very talented members of the Hetalia fandom, more than I've seen in pretty much any other fandom I've been in. But the fics from these two were the first to show me what massive potential this series has. The voices and characteristics of every character makes sense in history canon and Hetalia canon. They have really done their research. The fics are usually on the dark side, and they build up such empathy for the cast. And did I mention the porn?
and Jennie, aka Abarero aka hot-ice-hilda
- Recomended by Orihime
- Pairing(s): Mostly America/England as well.
- Recommended jointly for similar reasons as above, not to mention the troper has had them in her friends list for years. THE ones to go if you want America/England that is both very IC as well as Lighter and Softer, but not without its depth. Very endearing interaction, very hot porn, excellent characterization, quite a good research job and over all great.
- Recommended by: LittleSerge
- Pairing(s): Canada/Ukraine, some focus on Canada's relationships with England and America.
- This author tends to focus mostly on Canada's role in the Hetalia verse, re-imagining Canadian history from a Hetalia standpoint. The usual focus seems to be on Canada's interactions with his allies through his life, such as America and England (as well on his relationships he has with countries that Canada is close to IRL, such as the Netherlands and Ukraine). These re-imaginings can usually focus on the more tragic aspects of Canadian foreign relations, such as the War of 1812 and World War One, making him into (even more of) a Woobie.
- Recommended by Solandra
- Pairing(s): Mostly America/England.
- This author has the kind of smooth, natural writing style that makes me despair because I'll never be able to write that well. Plus she's got a firm grasp of the characters, especially America, England, and Canada. As listed above, her main pairing is America/England and she's written fluff, angst, and gen for them, but she's also written for other pairings like America/Lithuania and England/Portugal, and her Per Amore is possibly one of the best Germany/Italy fics in the fandom.
- Recommended by ClandestineClear
- Pairing(s): Most Spain/Romano, with Italy/Germany, USUK, Greece/Japan, Denmark/Norway and Sweden/Finland
- This author writes a lot of creative, excellently done fluff, which aren't just mindlessly sweet but have genuinely interesting plots. She has really great, engaging ideas and will really bring a smile to your face. Canadino also does gen fics as well in series of genres, ranging from familial stuff to war fics.
(goes by weighed and measured
- Recommended by Solandra
- Pairing(s): Mainly Greece/Japan and France/Canada, but she's written for plenty of other pairings too, ranging from the popular to the plain cracktastic.
- I've already recced a Greece/Japan work of hers in the Shipping Fics section, but the entirety of her APH works seriously deserves to be recced here in full. She's a very prolific author and has written loads of fills for the Hetalia Kink Meme, including some absolutely fantastic ones for Greece/Japan (some examples linked for your convenience) and absolutely cute ones for France/Canada (more examples). Her imagery is beautiful and she has a great grasp on the characters and what makes them click together. About the only noticeable flaw of her writing is that it has the occasional typo, apparently due to her having a sticky keyboard and a crappy word processor, but everything else about it is good.
- Recommended by Zephyr7
- Pairing(s): Mainly on Canada/England and Canada/America (with a side helping of America/Canada/England), some England/France and a few other Canada pairings, including some crack pairings.
- Illuminated Shadow just has an amazing and gorgeously way of writing stories about Canada's relationships, whether familial or romantic or something in between, with the other nations. They're one of my favourites for writing Canada/England and Canada/America, where they make it work wonderfully and believably. Whether it be cute and funny. Or something more dark. And I loved the crack pairing of Canada/S. Italy. It was just so adorable and you could see the progress of it slowly and carefully. Better yet, just everything from Illuminated Shadow is worth reading.
- Reccomended by khope
- Pairing(s): So far she's mainly done russia/america, with some prussia/america, and some creepy as heck england/amerca
- Eram is simple an amazing writer. No other ways to put it, whenever she puts a story out you can guarentee it to have good characterization, development, and dialog.
writing journal is nuitdenovembre
- Recommended by dazey
- Pairing(s): France/England
- Her prose is absolutely beautiful. As the author of both Paris Calling and Sign A New Agreement With iTunes, I think she classifies as a must read for any France/England shipper. She has a multitude of others fics that are still anon on the kink_meme (some of which you can pick up or if you scrounge around in the comments of the already noted two). Her way with words and how she manipulates your emotions is exceptional and her portrayal of the France/England relationship is just beautiful. I can't recommend her enough.
Do You Know?
- Pairing(s): Quite a variety: Sweden/Finland, America/England, France/Canada, Lithuania/Poland, Germany/Italy
- I highly recommend this author. Her writing style is flawless and flows wonderfully well, her stories range from witty to heartbreakingly lyrical, and all of them are extremely enjoyable to read.
(kink meme anon, also has some fanfics posted here
- Recommended by Kain
- Pairing(s): A large variety, ranging from US/Japan to Australia/UK to Russia/Baltics and everything in between.
- This is not an author who will appeal to everyone. DYK writes a lot of dark historical stuff, much of which shows what Hetalia would be if it were serious and not a parody. But if you like that kind of thing, this author's writing will blow your mind. Her(?) fics are like a punch in the teeth that will leave you reeling and gasping in shock. Her writing hurts in all the right ways.
- Recommended by paddygirl
- Pairing(s): mostly France/Spain, although there is a bit England/Spain and Parallel France 23/Parallel Spain.
- I really recommend this author. She has a very clear writing style, the characterization of all the characters is amazing and she manages to combine drama with humor, love and smut. Plus the fics are historically correct (and both Spain and France are really cute!).
- Warnings: it's only in Spanish and, as I said before, there is sex involved.
- Recommended by Yuurei
- Pairing(s): Predominantly Sweden/Finland, Denmark/Norway, and Prussia/Canada along with others, but romance isn’t usually the focus of the writing.
- A Hetalia author who puts an incredible level of historical research work into fic, and it shows. Everything Morrigan Fearn writes is brilliantly characterized, thoughtful, educates you without feeling like an infodump, and is just damn good writing to boot. Even the Original Characters the author writes (usually the American states but Åland and Faroes pop up too) are likable and fully-fleshed out, which is an achievement in itself. Read any of the fics written by Morrigan Fearn, regardless of genre or the character who is being focused on, and come away impressed.
- Recommended by otaku876, Rose And Heather, holderoftheheart, Yeah121
- Pairing(s): Germany/Italy, America/England, Spain/Romano, Sweden/Finland, Russia/China, France/Canada, Denmark/Norway, Prussia/Austria, and Greece/Japan.
- This author is amazing on so many levels. His fanfics can range from drop-dead hilarious to deep and heart-wrenching in a half a second—but not in a bad way. He has a series going on, which so far has four fanfics in it—two of the three already recommended on the Shipping page, and the third in progress, plus five more in the same 'verse upcoming. Not to mention a stand-alone Franada AU in progress, also recced on the shipping page. My point is that he is an amazing author, and those who do not check out his fics will be missing out on something wonderful.
- Absolutely amazing. One of the best authors out there.
- Recommended by RNA
- Pairing(s): China, Korea(s) pairings, Japan, Taiwan
- Author of the infamous Rape of Nanjing fill on the kink meme, the only Rape of Nanjing fanfic that this recommender will accept. Amy Elysian has real skill with evoking emotions. She is one of the few authors who writes the Asian nations well and her historical fics contain bits and pieces that show that she's done her work. And she can write light-hearted fic too.
. She also has a Deviant ART
- Recommended by Rita689
- Pairing(s): Doesn't really write romance, as far as I'm aware.
- She's an amazing author. Her fics tend to focus on America and his younger days (including several ADORABLE fics of his colonial days and two also excellent fics set around the time of the Revolutionary war), although she's been writing on more diverse subjects recently. Her grammar and spelling are generally good, but what really makes her praiseworthy is her understanding and ability to communicate what's going on in the country's heads and hearts. You can always understand (and usually sympathize with the reasons behind) why the characters act the way they do-and it's pretty much always in character-even when you want to grab them and scream 'NONONONO, don't do that!'. She also clearly does her research, and inserts little historical snippets unobtrusively and realistically (the ending of A New Guardian and Other Stories [see the general fanfic recommendations page] is an excellent example of this; also worth noting is that she started writing the fic Prussian Training before the 2011 Bloodbath). All in all, her fics are impressive.
- Recommended by Diclonius Lilium
- Pairing(s): Everyone/Everyone, but mostly OC!Nations.
- A fantastic author who is unafraid to delve into countries the fandom ignores. She mostly writes oneshots, but her longest fic, League of Evil, is a glorious look into the often maligned nations of the world, the ones who are sometimes, but not always, personified as completely evil for the sake of an American-centric, Black and White view of International Politics. Also has a deviantart.
- Recommended by Lady Salmakia
- Pairing(s): America/Miscellaneous, but mostly USUK.
- An author who writes America's point of view hilariously and convincingly. There's lots of crack and delicious humor to be found here. A must-read for fans of America. (Note: Some of this author's stories may not be safe for work.)
- Recommended by dtk4eva
- Pairing(s): USUK
- A phenomenal writer with a dark side who writes stories that leave you laughing, than crying, than wondering what to do. She mostly writes romance, but it defiantly isn’t fluff. Recommended for the mature reader who loves history and psychological probing.
- Recommended by Pszczola
- Pairing(s): Germany/Italy
- The author has written historical fanfiction that mostly focuses on Italy, Romano, and Spain, although other characters make appearances and there are a couple of shipping fics. Stories range from serious to silly, but they're all well written and wonderfully in-character.
- Recommended by Obiwanlivesforever, seconded by Clipboard Fox 22
- Character(s): many, but mostly the Baltics
- Pairing(s): none that are prominent
- Tanglepelt is an excellent example of a Hetalia Fan Fiction author who puts huge amounts of time, research and maturity into her stories. In particular, her versions of the Baltics are the best I have seen out there and form part of my personal headcanon. The stories are dark, historically accurate, and delve into the relationships between the characters, the effects historical atrocities had on them, and what it means to be the personification of a country. In addition to the historical stories, she has a multichapter adventure fic (The Weakest Link) in progress about what happens when the countries' immortality is discovered by morally ambigious scientists. (It's also been reccommended on the dark fics page.) All of her fics are must-reads!
- Recomended by N Atwins
- Character(s): Mostly America, Canada, Russia and England. But does do more. Also does crossovers mostly in the Harry Potter Fandom so expect many of those charcters too.
- Pairing(s): Mostly non-shipping things and family fics. Especially crossover in the Harry Potter Genre like stated above. The only shipping fic she does have is a UKUS/USUK (really UKUS) and it is really good, although even in that one the book is about learning about the characters and getting to the relationship. It is already five chapters in and they aren't together so do not expect any quick romance.
- ithefantasticfanatic is by far my favorite Hetalia writer. She puts tons of research into every one of her characters. They all have depth and are never one layerd or mary sues. She does dark and cynical just as good as her humor and she isn't one of those rush into a romance writers. Her poetry in her stories are amazing and the worlds she creates are truly believable. She gave me the majority of my headcanons and is continuing to. She posts often, and when she doesn't she posts very long sections of three to four long chapters to make up for it. She is most well known for her Harry Potter Crossover 'Tale Of The New World Twins' and the sequel 'Tale Of The New World Twins And The Chamber Of Secrets'. She is also begging her dive into the romance genre with her story 'To Court A Super Power' which while being a hilarious and being set in in a highschool setting, really gets into what it would be like to be a 'Superpower' in the Hetalia world. Even if it is not set in the Hetalia universe (plus you get to see the more fun side of England). I completely recommend her.