Fan Fic / One And Only Son
One and Only Son
is a Code Geass
/Mobile Suit Gundam 00
crossover written by Juubi-K
. The story develops as this: in 2004 ATB, the Federal Republic of Krugis
request aid from the Holy Britannian Empire
and the Emperor sends his Knight of One, Bismarck Waldstein to help to stabilize the region. The operation is successful and Krugis is incorporated in the Empire as Area 7, with Bismarck as its Vice-Roy, who allows it to keep its cultural identity.
There, he is impressed by the courage of a street urchin named Soran, who fights until the end while outnumbered and decides to adopt him as his son. As Alexander B. Waldstein, he is the son of the best knight of the Empire and follows the military career, taking account his friendship with Lelouch and Nunnally, the death of Empress Marianne, his knighting by Cornelia and his training in the military academy.
He is eventually transferred to Japan when Cornelia goes there to replace Clovis and meets Lelouch, though he does not recognize him, while the Euro Universe with its team, led by Hamid (This stories equivalent to Ali Al-Sanchez), who helps the Black Knights fight against Britannia.
As of July 2016, the author is rebooting the story due to inconsistency and gaps in character development. The reboot is read on Sufficient Velocity
This fic contains examples of the following tropes, in addition to those already present in the source material:
- A Father to His Men: Bismarck is this, and has passed this onto Alexander quite obviously.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Michael Trinity. And what Carline thinks of Nunnally Up to Eleven, of course.
- Armor-Piercing Question: Of Type 2, when Princess Marina asks Alexander if he's a boy named Soran and he really gets angry. But thanks to Mena, they solve the misunderstanding which is not a misunderstanding, they are cool now.
- Berserk Button: See above for Alexander. Same with Cornelia when she ripped on Soran, because he didn't do anything to impede Euphemia to create the SAZ. She felt bad afterward.
- Later on, Alexander really wants to kill Luciano as he thinks Luciano responsible for Euphemia's death. He gets some of it right, but not all of it.
- Beware the Silly Ones: The Skirted Devils are a force of girls that fight in sailor-fuku uniforms and the intelligence reports says that they're one of the most vicious anti-Britannian groups.
- Break His Heart to Save Him: An odd example: Villetta is breaking both hers and Graham's hearts, but she is willing to restart their relationship should Villetta survive the war
- Break Up to Make Up: Another odd example between Graham and Villetta after they reunite. Villetta feels that she needs to regain her honor because of what she went through as Chigusa, but Graham doesn't care and loves her either way. But she plans on fighting in the upcoming war to regain her honor and asks Graham if he could wait for her. Of course he says yes.
- Big Badass Battle Sequence: The finale of its equivalent of R1.
- Big Damn Villains: Jeremiah saves both Lelouch and Cornelia from Carline.
- Blood Knight: Hamid, but he has reasons.
- Boot Camp Episode: Part of Alexander's Character Development, his training in the Benedict Arnold Military Academy is described with detail.
- Break the Cutie: Soran saw Marianne's corpse and a traumatized Nunnally before Cornelia covered his eyes.
- Call My Name: The last thing that Alexander says is "LELOUCH!".
- Child Prodigy: Jacque Saint-Clare.
- Christmas Episode: Chapter 19.
- Cool Big Sis: Cornelia is this for Alexander.
- Deadly Decadent Court: Carline, she discuss with Nena which siblings they should kill.
- Death by Childbirth: How Alexander’s mother died in the official version.
- Downer Ending: The Black Rebellion is quelled, Lelouch is captured and Alexander fails to protect Cornelia and is defeated by Hamid.
- Establishing Character Moment: Hamid has his one when he hijacks a Ganymede prototype in Tal Afar, wreaks havoc between the Krugisian military and then shoots the dog.
"Sorry guys, but the bastards win every time. And I'm the biggest bastard of them all!"
- Evil Versus Evil: Hamid versus Luciano. You cheer for them kill each other.
- For Want of a Nail: During the incorporation of Krugis, Bismarck adopts Soran, who was a street boy and had a brother who likes to call himself Hamid.
- Fusion Fic: Characters of Mobile Suit Gundam 00 added to Code Geass universe.
- Gambit Pileup
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Kati Mannequin to Saji, after he discovers his sister killed Euphemia.
- Gray and Grey Morality: The EU is not perfect, but it’s the lighter shade of gray of the setting. Lampshaded by Hamid:
“Even the last bastion of freedom and democracy has dirty work that needs doing”.
- Good Republic, Evil Empire: Krugis and Britannia. Krugis is portrayed as being pacifists Token Good Teammate to Britannia, but which extent of this reflects the Krugisian society is up to debate note .
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Michael.
- Hero Antagonist: Lelouch, especially after Euphemia's death. Since, differently from canon, she didn't go nuts and it wasn't him who killed Euphemia, Zero tries to set her as a martyr against the Britannian occupation and rally the Japanese.
- Hero of Another Story: Basically the entire point of the fic, even if Soran is on the Empire's side.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Alexander suffers a bad one with Empress Marianne’s death. His father had to tell a Get a Hold of Yourself, Man! speech to him.
- Hidden Depths: Bismarck. Starting by the beginning with the fact that he was Married to the Job and never had a son, he is a very honorable man.
- Honor Before Reason: Hamid chastises the Britannians for this trait.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: Pretty much Shirley. She gets complimented by it by Mena.
- Identical-Looking Asians: This was the Chinese strategy to place its troops on Fukuoka.
- Innocent Prodigy: Alexander. The Luluko incident only deepens this trait.
- It's Not You, It's Me: Villetta after she reunites with Graham in spades.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Euphemia.
- Large Ham:
"Get ready for a surprise! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'RE'S HALLELUJAAAAAAAAH HAAAAPTIISMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAH!"
- Love Hurts: Hinted at between Kallen and Lelouch when Kallen appears in the big finale. Same with Graham after reuniting with Villetta and Soran failing to protect Cornelia.
- Love Is a Weakness: What Graham thought of love during his interactions with Villeta, but Soma makes him realise how wrong he is.
- Love Triangle: Between Graham, Ohgi and Viletta. See above.
- Male Gaze: Neil and Allejujah Haptism (the latter with teasing of his evil side).
- Meaningful Rename: From Soran to Alexander Bismarck Waldstein.
- Morality Chain: Lelouch realizes, after geassing Hamid to reveal his motivations, how important Nunnally is to him, or else he would be just like him.
- The Mourning After: Graham to Viletta. However...
- Playing the Victim Card: Nena, when she accusses Alexander of harassing her. Thanks to Mena revealing the truth, it ends fair for him.
- Pretext for War: Britannia will use the European interference in Japan to wage war against them.
- Punch Clock Villain: The Knight of Rounds, by canon, but Bismarck here takes Up to Eleven.
- Rags to Riches: The entire point of Soran's adoption.
- "Reason You Suck" Speech:
- Carline delivers a particular jarring one to Cornelia, when she wonders whether she wanted to make Euphy Empress with the blood of the world.
- Hamid to Kallen, on her terrorist activities.
- Religious Stereotype: Before the Britannian incorportation, East Krugistan was basically filled with fundamentalists, compared with Central Krugis' moderate monarchs and West Krugis' pro-democractic stance.
- The Rival: Hamid to Alexander, to the point of their confrontation in Fukuoka is almost a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment.
- Secret Keeper: Lelouch knows about Alexander's past.
- Sexy Santa Dress: Milly as usual, in the Christmas Episode.
- Ship Tease: There is lot of indications of Shirley/Alexander.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Selim was the only one from Hamid’s team to make it alive from the Knightmare hangar in Tal Afar and then Hamid kills him without remorse.
Luciano: Accept this, the limit of the Vampire of Britannia's compassion."
- Shower of Awkward: Alexander accidentally sees Cornelia naked and ran away, and then he accidentally stumbles upon a plan of the guys to steal panties from the girls.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Shirley towards Alexander.
- Terrorist-Killer Terrorist: Hamid.
- The Wiki Rule: Has its own wikia.
- ¡Three Amigos!: Alexander, Suzaku and Rai.
- Token Minority: Cyrus Abdullah, for some reason that has to be explained yet, is currently the only non-Britannian Knight of the Round. He still gets a lot of racism, though.
- Under the Mistletoe: Alexander and Shirley.
- Undying Loyalty: Alexander refuses to abandon Cornelia when Lelouch requests his services and then he has to use his Geass to make him forget it.
- Villainous Valor: Hamid displays this in the season finale, even considering that's to save his own skin, charging alone at the Britannian forces to ensue their withdraw is an action that demands a lot of courage.
- You Can't Thwart Stage One: The Black Rebellion fails, but with an important difference: most of the Japanese staff managed to evacuate.
- Wham Episode: Chapter 15. Euphemia dies, but in a different way than canon, and we discover that Hamid and Soran are siblings.
- Worthy Opponent. Hamid considers Alexander this, and despite Alexander's hatred of him he privately thinks this as well. In the battle for Magadan, Alexander expresses this sentiment far more openly and less reluctantly about Kallen and her Guren.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Nonnette believes that Princess Marina is very wise when it comes to war issues.