Fanfic / Lightning And Wind
Lightning and Wind by Born Of Prayers
An A Certain Magical Index
Fanfic that takes place after New Testament volume 2, where Leivinia Birdway
has led Kamijou Touma
, and Misaka Mikoto
to Hawaii to deal with the activities of GREMLIN, where the meet up with Lessar
, Orsola Aquinas
, and Misaka #10142
This marks Mikoto's first step into the Magic Side, with Lessar serving as her guide, teaching her about the differences between Espers and Magicians.
It is completed. An alternate link can be found here
This fanfic contains examples of:
- An Ice Person: Poli, the Descendant of Poli'ahu, Goddess of Snow, Ice, and Wind.
- Anti-Magic: Do we really need to point out who?
- The Atoner: Poli revealed that Touma has shades of this for being one of the Key factors of the war and dragging Mikoto into being attacked. Poli's abilities magnified his guilt to suicidal levels, but he snaps himself out of it. Lessar explained to Mikoto earlier that the war was going to happen anyway, and Mikoto forced herself on the trip, so really isn't to blame anyway.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Index
- Bad Ass
- Big Sister Instinct
- Blade on a Stick / Weapon of Choice: The Steel Glove, which can grab the elements.
- Blow You Away: Lessar, Mark Space, and Pel.
- Born Winner: Descendants, who inherited a High Spirit or god’s power through legacy. Contrast Saints, instead of having a body similar to the Son of God, they have received a very small fraction of power from a powerful ancestor.
- Brown Note: Index's and Orsola's Spell Intercept.
- Card Sharp: Mark Space
- Crapsack World: Lesser goes into great details about how the world of magicians was a dark place until Touma appeared.
“Our world is one where we will do whatever it takes to accomplish a goal
. We all have our own sets of morals and limits, but in the face of accomplishing a goal, you should expect for a magician to do whatever it takes. Sacrificing a city of tens of thousands, calling down an Archangel, or even destroying the world, if it will accomplish our goal, so be it.”
Lessar:“To be honest, I fought alongside him(Touma) in the war. I like him a lot.” Mikoto’s bangs gave off a spark of electricity at that. “Since he’s been around, it’s like our dark world has been growing brighter, just a little by little.”
- Crazy-Prepared: Milu took several steps to prepare to face off against Birdway and Kamijou.
- Darker and Edgier: Compared to the main series, where violence isn't as toned down and the focus is on how dark magicians are.
- Eldritch Abomination: Kanaloa. It's even referred to with that exact terminology.
- The Empath: Poli, who can read emotions and magnify them.
- Face Death with Dignity: Poli
- Golem: Sebastian
- Hijacked by Jesus: Lessar details this in relation to magic. Becomes a plot point when the corrupted version of Kanaloa is summoned.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Mikoto and #10142 aka Eight.
- Extra Ore Dinary: Can use her lightning abilities to manipulate iron sand and can transform it to a weapon, platforms, etc.
- Selective Magnetism: Uses it to great effect in the battle to save Index.
- Megaton Punch: How Mikoto launches the Ultimate Railgun.
- Miss Exposition: Lessar, who explains to Mikoto whatever she needs to know.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: When Sebastian overshadows a Kapua, this ensues.
- Offhand Backhand: Touma, in Chapter Six.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Everyone aside from Index, Orsola, Kamijou, and Eight proved this during the invasion.
- Physical God
- Playing with Fire: Pel, Descendant of Pele, Goddess of Heat, Volcanoes, Lightning, and Wind. Lessar using runes as well.
- Required Secondary Powers: Mikoto is completely immune to Shock and Awe, while Pel is only resistant to her own. Poli also has partial resistance to her abilities as well. Justified as their status as Descendants grants them a tiny portion of their ancestor's powers.
- Single Tear
- Storming The Beach
- Wave Motion Gun: The Railgun
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Index has Silver-blue hair.