Fanfic / Minds Memories And Misfortune
Minds, Memories, and Misfortune
is an Original Flavor
fanfiction created by Flere821 on fanfiction.net.
Misaki Shokuhou, the Level 5 Queen of Tokiwadai, is getting sick of hearing rumors in her school that her so-called rival, Mikoto Misaka, the Level 5 Railgun, is forming her own clique. Misaki knows the rumors aren't true but is annoyed Mikoto isn't doing anything to stop it. So Misaki decides to annoy Mikoto into action by messing with Mikoto's "boyfriend", Touma Kamijou.
And thus begins another school-life romance comedy with possibly disastrous results.
A must read for A Certain Magical Index
and A Certain Scientific Railgun
Seems to be a Dead Fic
. Flere821 says it is highly unlikely he will update this.
Tropes found in this fanfiction:
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: Misaki tries to read Touma's mind when they meet. The results are not pretty as she views each of his traumatic and horrifying memories. And when she observes the memory of Touma defeating Aureolus Izzard, the dragon turns around and attacks her. Touma quickly warns her not to read Index's mind, for fear of Misaki's mind.
- She would never try again it on anyone affiliated with him, after she peered into Aogami's mind.
- Anti-Villain: While Misaki is not evil, she is showen to be a reasonable person, is reluctant to abuse her powers and prefers to resolve things by talk rather than violence. She even shows remorse for her actions after giving a "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Mikoto.
- The Chessmaster: Misaki, and Kurokawa.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Mikoto starts to act like this when Misaki starts getting close with Touma.
- Determinator: As per usual, except it only made him more popular than even in canon.
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: Misaki says this after her "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Mikoto, stating that even if Misaki is unable to win Touma, she will ensure that Mikoto is unable to as well.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Mikoto goes into one after Misaki gives her a verbal smack down over Mikoto's Tsundere behavior isn't winning Touma's heart.
- Large Ham: Gunha.
- Mistaken for Cheating: Saten mistakes Touma as Mikoto's boyfriend and assumes that he's cheating with Misaki, while, they're actually just having lunch.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Gunha, much to Touma's discomfort.
- Oh, Crap!: Touma had to go against Gunha, who has self-control issues.
- Only Sane Girl: Misaki is the only person sane enough to see the misunderstandings between everyone.
- Ship Teasing: Touma x Misaki, Touma x Mikoto, heck, there 's even Touma x Saten
- Tsundere: Mikoto obliviously. And surprisingly hinted with Misaki.
- Its actually deconstructed with Mikoto, as Touma is not interested in her the slightest as no sane guy would like someone who, from his perspective, start to randomly attack him, and only him with lighting, chainsaw iron dust swords and railguns nearly every single time they meet even AFTER he save her and 9978 clones. When he hasn't done anything except defend himself. Misaki however recognized this and is a bit more subtle.