"I want you to forget about me and leave me alone, until I say otherwise. But Iíll never forgive anyone tries to apologize to me one more time. Have fun at the wedding everypony and enjoy your friendship while it still lasts. I know mine did.Ē
— Twilight, delivering her ultimatum at the end of Chapter 1.
" is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Fan Fic
written by PLCTheCd
. As for what it's about, consider the following:
Remember how in "A Canterlot Wedding Part 2
", the entire "Twilight being dissed" subplot was resolved by only having Applejack apologize to Twilight? And Twilight was willing to accept it?What if she shot it down?
Despite Chrysalis still being defeated as in canon
, Twilight is unwilling to let this go. She is perfectly willing to cut off ties with her friends (and mentor
) over this whole ordeal. The question is, will she
Despite only having two chapters currently, this fic is yet another interesting take on addressing the problems of "A Cantlerlot Wedding Part 2", and unlike like other well known ones, has Twilight reach her breaking point through Applejack's apology. It really is a fascinating take on things.
This fan fic provides examples of:
- Aesop Amnesia: Twilight accuses the others of this, due to them not living up to their promise in "Lesson Zero" (which was to listen to and consider her concerns, no matter how trivial they seemed).
- Accusation Fic: Based off of the first chapter, it appears to be heading this way. At least considering how the majority of Twilight's dialogue consists of calling out her friends, her brother, and Celestia.
- All Take and No Give: Twilight accuses the others of only caring about what they can get out of their relationship with her, claiming she should have recognized this back when they all wanted tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala.
- At Least I Admit It: When Celestia tells Twilight that she's doing exactly what Discord wanted by tearing the group apart, Twilight nastily replies that at least he was upfront about that.
- Berserk Button: Twilight has grown fond of pushing these. In particular is bringing Gilda up to Rainbow Dash and saying they're Not So Different.
- Bribe Backfire: Pinkie's offer to throw a big apology party for Twilight only causes the unicorn to accuse her of trying to bribe her. Similarly, Shining Armor trying to invite her to participate in the wedding is rejected and treated like another 'obvious' bribery attempt.
- Broken Pedestal: A-YEP.
- Call Back
- An unintentional version, but given the tone of the fan fic, this must be pointed out: After Chrysalis inputs her two cents on how Twilight was treated, she (sarcastically) comments "With friends like them, who needs enemies?"
- And an intentional version. Twilight redirects Shining and Celestia's remarks towards her, just to twist the knife at how badly they screwed up.
- Twilight claims she should have realized the others were selfish after how they reacted when Celestia first sent her tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala.
- Cutting the Knot: Defied. Spike tries to get Cadence to use the love spell on Twilight to get her to listen to reason, but it doesn't work.
Cadence: "I can't, Twilight's too heartbroken to be fixed by my spell. I can only restore her heart when she wants to be loved by all of you again. Iím afraid at this state, she wants nothing to do with us."
- Deconstruction Fic/Fix Fic: While this was intended to be the latter, it feels more like the former. Once Applejack delivers the apology, Twilight reflects on what has transpired, and rejects it.
- Disappointed In You: When Spike points out why he didn't defend her before, Twilight simply looks at him with disappointment rather than resentment and says he should "think for [himself] next time."
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: See the cynical and spiteful Twilight's Berserk Button above.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Even Chrysalis thinks Twilight's friends were being cold towards her.
- Then again, being a creature that feeds on emotions, she would naturally be more sensitive to ponies' emotions towards one another.
- For Want of a Nail: As stated, Twilight refuses to accept an apology for what she was dealt.
- Also, in this fic, Twilight decides to not come to the actual wedding, even though Shining wants to take back barring her from it.
- Brief side note: This also includes turning down his offer of being the Maid of Honor.
- Twilight, in her rage, keeps calling the others hypocrites.
- Her absolute refusal to listen to anything they say in their defense, twisting it around to try and make them come off even worse, doesn't seem all that different than the incident that set all this off in the first place.
- Insane Troll Logic: Twilight's reasoning for being so petty and hateful in a nutshell.
- Jerk Ass: Twilight.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Shining Armor (and to an extent, the rest of the Mane Six).
- OOC Is Serious Business: Fluttershy actually slaps Rainbow Dash to make her get a hold of herself after making a callous remark.
- Pet the Dog:
- Even though she's already decided her friends are worthless by this point, Twilight still frees Cadence and tells her to go to Shining Armor.
- A minor example: Twilight is just upset with Spike, not angry at him (although it helps that he explains his actions as not wanting to put in the same boat Twilight had been).
- Precision F-Strike: When Shining grabs Twilight to get her to stop leaving:
Twilight: GET YOUR HOOVES OFF OF ME YOU PATHETIC GELDING!note
- Rage Breaking Point: Applejack's apology sets Twilight off because she decides it was "too little, too late."
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Twilight doles out these to everyone.
- Rejected Apology
- Then Let Me Be Evil: Or rather, in Twilight's words, "then let me be a nag."
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Twilight, in all her newly cynical, hateful glory.
- Unreliable Narrator: Twilight's view of the others is subtly twisted to comply with her new, darker take on them. For instance, when faced with her brother's tearful apology, she decides he must have mastered crocodile tears rather than acknowledging it might be sincere.
- Was It Really Worth It??: When Twilight asked everyone.
- We Used to Be Friends: Yeah. Too bad Twilight now wants nothing to do with them...
- What the Hell, Hero?: Twilight aside, Cadence is shocked once she hears from Shining the specifics of Twilight being left after the rehearsal and leaving her alone, as well as not trying to look for her when she turned up missing.
- Shining Armor and Twilight's parents give the group a small one in chapter 2.
- Wham Line: In-universe, Twilight delivers the following to Celestia after Chrysalis is banished:
"Now this is over, find someone else to be the Wielder of Magic. Because, I now wish to relinquish my position of the Elements of so-called Harmony."
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Played with: Chrysalis agreeing with what Twilight said early on upsets not her, but her friends.