Fan Fic: Supernatural Taisen
The Earth has been plagued by Demons, Villains, Aliens, Monsters, even Kaiju
for the better part of the century. In the past, government agencies, NGO's, vigilantes, and even normal people have fought for mankind's existence alone, with varying levels of success. But it's a new century— no, millennium
, and the United States has a new President: Billionaire Industrialist and all-around Magnificent Bastard David Xanatos
. As the most powerful man in the world, Xanatos wants to make sure the world is still there, and key to that is making sure all these extra-normal defense groups start playing nice together, so he's starting at Stargate Command
Which leads us to SG-1 having to ride herd over a meeting between the President, UNIT
director Hyppolyta Trevor
, JSDF Lieutenant Tetsuya Tsurugi
, and a sweet little girl named Nanoha Takamachi
It can be found here
- Alien Invasion: President Xanatos tells directly to Apophis that there had been 30 invasions of Earth for over a century and none had been successful.
- Alternate Universe: Where these series all co-exist and thus change each other greatly or slightly.
- Brain Uploading: Diana uploaded herself into Atlantis' computer systems.
- Broad Strokes: How the author gets all these universes to work together.
- Combination Attack: Alucard and Evangeline perform the Vampiric equivalent of the Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken.
- Composite Mecha - RahXephon and Reideen are one and the same.
- Cosmic Retcon: The events of RahXephon are canon...meaning that reality was reset at least once.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Eiko, oh so very much.
- Crossover Cosmology: Partially Averted, as far as Mutual Exclusivity goes. Some characters have abilities or items from other series' added to or altering their own. For example, Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet is a Puddle Jumper, while Buffy knows Kankaho.
- Crossover Ship: Signum seems to have a soft spot for Harry.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Eiko does this to Wodan—only to get pinned in seconds by Prime.
- Death Is Cheap: Deconstructed. It is explained that most superheroes only lasted half a decade of activity at best before either being crippled, dying, going insane or at best retiring. Some were to the point that UNIT or the FBI shut them down when they were tracked down.
- Desk Jockey: So far, a minor cameo, but the director of MI-13 is none other than James Bond.
- Fan Verse: Part of the point.
- Fiction as Cover-Up: UNIT had long ago adopted a policy of "information leak" that funded the production of comics, movies, books and TV shows that fictionalized re-named and exaggerated the exploits of superheroes to provide their superpowered agents cover.
- Fusion Fic
- Government Agency of Fiction: Extra-Earth Defense Bureau (EDB)
- Gratuitous Japanese: Justified, Fate is very angry, and has been using a translation device for the most part.
- Innocent Innuendo: Harry overhears Reika accuse The Doctor of licking her. Turns out he just licked the RahXephon
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: This is Reika's motivation. In fact, the purpose of the RahXephon was to create a perfect life for one person.
- Just a Kid: Nanoha complains of being treated this way by the SGC. Somewhat understandable on Jack's part.
- Kick the Dog: Millenium loves this trope, but Wodan Ymir takes the cake for hunting down mages drained by the Wolkenwritter and killing them whilst they were weak, when they did their best not to kill anyone.
- Killed Off for Real: Captain America and Superman in the backstory.
- Legacy Character: Director Hyppolita Trevor was Wonder Woman, which her identity is currently taken over by her daughter.
- Mega Crossover: As the name suggests, it's basically Super Robot Wars with a focus on human-scale combat.
- My Greatest Failure: Eiko and Captain America were the only heroes able to act during 9/11. The tower (one had already been destroyed by Godzilla in '99) collapsed on them both. Only Eiko made it out.
- Odd Couple: Jack O'Neil and Reika Mishima.
- Oh, Crap: Look, it's Fate Avvernicus... and he brought Wodan Ymir with him!
- Wodan shows up again, but bites off more than he can chew (Nanoha, Ala Alba (not so named yet), and the Wolkenritter), and gets bailed out by Shuronga.
- Two Words: "Godzilla Returns!"
- Reika gets one when she realizes that Millennium got it's hands on the "Tune X"
- Harry does one when he gets an invitation to a dinner/meeting on supernatural matters from the President.
- And another (shared by Signum and Superman Prime) when the sky suddenly turns pink and he realizes that Raven has been providing concealment for the mother of all Starlight Breakers
- Rule of Cool: This fanfiction, is essentally "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions. Lots and lots of explosions.
- Shout-Out: Deliberately Invoked by Eiko who decides to dress as Nono from Diebuster, paraphrase her speech and mimic her attacks.
- Summon Bigger Fish: To fight a Nazi Gespenst at the base of the Empire State Building, Nico summons a local ghost: King Kong.
- Supreme Chef: Yotsuba manages to stimulate even Alucard's jaded taste buds.
- Take That: The Charmed Ones were apparently axe murdered prior to the series.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Not really. Eiko is so pre-occupied with her speech that she lets Wodan get very close to her with his Colossal Blade.
- Those Wacky Nazis: Millennium, Red Skull, and Project Ragna Rok.
- Time Travel: Sora, Donald and Goofy show up in modern-day Ronapour. He was previously in Port Royal
- Tokyo Is the Center of the Universe: Discussed (and Fate Thoroughly Tempted) by Haruhi and Kyon.
- Unobtainium: Sakuradite and Vibranium are one and the same.
- Unstoppable Rage: Fate enters one after Wodan mortally wounds Nanoha.
- Weirdness Censor: Explained in the prologue.
These incidents, however, went largely unnoticed by the public at large due not just to the intervention of the US Government
and the actions of some occult organizations
with an interest in keeping humanity in the dark
, but as well as humanity’s own capacity for self deception and general stupidity
. So great was this combination, that few people outside of the directly affected areas even know about the beings involved, and even then, there are some who still do not believe.
Crossovers (in-Fic) Include:
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
With many more to come, and many unmentioned sly references.
It also draws heavily from the Wold Newton Family
It ties into the Heroes and Monsters of the Millenium
RPG thread created three years prior.
- Described as: "The former is an absurdly-large conversion project for the Angel RPG that has grown into a world of its own. Characters and creatures from dozens of sources put into a blender and set to "frappe", with details mixing, colliding, and occasionally replacing each other: Mazinger Z, Gigantor, and Cutie Honey all run on Nekettsu engines that generate Pink Slime, The Anti-Monitor is the master of The Heartless, Haruhi Suzumiya is the daughter of Baron Munchausen, Akuma is a fragment of Soul Edge, The Great Old Ones include Bagan and the Vajra, The Wired encompasses The Digital World, Jack O'Neil pilots the RahXephon, and Amazo, Ultron, and the Robot Devil are all the same being."