Pretty Cure Entwined Hearts
is a Pretty Cure
fanseries by midoriri
, putting emphasis on The Power of Love
and having a "Shakespeare" theme.
The prince of Kokoro
and his caretaker are aided in their escape from an evil quartet by Cure Ariel.
As she points them towards earth, she gives them three Signet Rings
so they can find more Pretty Cure and get help.
The prince, Ti, and his caretaker, Coffee, arrive in a small Japanese town and eventually locate three teenagers and form a small team:
- Hiromi Satou/(Cure Capulet): A book-loving Shrinking Violet with a strong sense of justice.
- Akihiko "Aki" Oshiro/(Cure Montague): A beautiful girl who would be a "school princess" if it weren't for her goofy side.
- Miho Sakura/(Cure Portia): A school drop-out who's trying to become a manga-writer.
Other characters include:
Together, they fight off Shitsuren
, a quartet bent on destroying all love in Kokoro (and eventually Earth)
and replacing it with heartbreak.
It can be read here.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Battle Couple: Hiromi and Aki, who are dating.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: Aki is Beauty, Hiromi is Brains, Miho is Brawn.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Applies to both civilian and Cure forms. Hiromi has dishwater-blonde hair that turns golden as Cure Capulet, Aki has dark brown hair that turns blue-black as Cure Montague, and Miho has cherry-red hair that turns a light orange as Cure Portia.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Lady
- Book Dumb: Miho and, to a lesser extent, Aki
- Catchphrase: Aki's "This is far enough!"
- Chekhov M.I.A.: Cure Ariel spends a lot of time depowered and held captive by Shitsuren. Finding and freeing her is part of Pretty Cure's agenda.
- Expy: One commentor said that Cure Capulet looks a lot like Princess Peach.
- Four Is Death: Shitsuren.
- Name's the Same: Aki shares her (full) first name and her surname with a character from Pretty Cure Spirit Explosion.
- Perky Female Minion: Tamora
- Power Trio: Initially
- Shrinking Violet: Hiromi
- Starcrossed Lovers: Cure Ariel and Shylock
- Taking the Bullet: Shylock, which unlocks Cure Ariel's power and lets her transform again.
- The Power of Love
- Transgender: Aki is a male to female transgender.
- The author has been praised for her portrayal of Aki, and the author herself wanted to portray a transgender person without any angst or drama.
Midoriri: When I wrote this, I didn't want to put in any drama, or bullying, or depression regarding Aki's situation. Aki is transgender, but it's NOT a big deal. It's just part of who she is. She isn't transgender for the sake of angst or drama, she just IS. Because trans people? They exist. They simply exist. They aren't vehicles of angst or drama or tragedy, they just ARE. And I thought it would be great to have a transgender character who was simply transgender. Not a transgirl who was depressed or bullied or an outcast, not a transgirl whose entire characterization revolve around her being trans, but just a character who happened to be transgender. I was under the impression that Aki being trans and that was it; she just was, no big deal, would actually make people want to read the story even MORE. Media needs more trans characters who are simply characters, people who are not defined by their being trans.
- Transformation Sequence: Aki and Hiromi share one, which includes:
- Verbal Tic: Ti ends his sentences with "-datchu."