Fan Fic: Pretty Cure Entwined Hearts
Pretty Cure Entwined Hearts
is a Pretty Cure
fanseries by midoriri
, putting emphasis on The Power of Love
and having a mild "Shakespeare" theme.Kokoro
is a vibrant, happy place where all the universe's love is guarded and nurtured by the royal family. On Prince Ti's tenth birthday, however, the kingdom is attacked by Shitsuren, a quartet bent on removing love and replacing it with heartbreak. Ti and his caretaker, Coffee, manage to escape - aided by Cure Ariel.
As she points them towards earth, she gives them three Cure Signets
so they can find more Pretty Cure and get help.
Cure Ariel is defeated and captured, while Ti and Coffee arrive in a small Japanese town. Eventually they locate three teenagers and form a small team:
- Hiromi Satou/Cure Capulet: A book-loving Shrinking Violet with a strong sense of justice.
- Misaki "Aki" Oshiro/Cure Montague: A beautiful girl who would be a "school princess" if it weren't for her goofy side.
- Miho Sakura/Cure Portia: A school drop-out who's trying to become a manga-writer.
Other characters include:
- Prince Ti: The young prince of Kokoro, and one of the Mentor Mascots.
- Coffee: Ti's Cool Big Sis and primary guardian since he had to flee Kokoro and leave behind his parents.
It can be read here.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Battle Couple: Hiromi and Aki, who are dating.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: Aki is Beauty, Hiromi is Brains, Miho is Brawn.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Applies to both civilian and Cure forms. Hiromi has dishwater-blonde hair that turns golden as Cure Capulet, Aki has black hair that turns blue-black as Cure Montague, and Miho has cherry-red hair that turns a light orange as Cure Portia.
- Big Fancy House: Aki lives in one of these, complete with serving staff.
- Birthday Episode: Episode 8 sees Aki celebrating her 15th birthday.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Lady
- Book Dumb: Miho and, to a lesser extent, Aki
- But Not Too Foreign: Antoinette is half-Japanese, half-French.
- Catchphrase: Aki's "This is far enough!"
- Chekhov M.I.A.: Cure Ariel spends a lot of time depowered and held captive by Shitsuren. Finding and freeing her is part of Pretty Cure's agenda.
- Expy: One commentor said that Cure Capulet looks a lot like Princess Peach.
- Four Is Death: Shitsuren.
- The Four Loves: The Power of Love isn't strictly romantic love; all four of these appear at some point or another.
- Hidden Depths: Antoinette at first appears to be a stock Alpha Bitch, but is quickly shown to be a Friend to All Living Things with a heart of gold.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Hiromi has four older sisters. Who are quadruplets.
- Meaningful Name: Word of God says everyone has this.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Hiromi's best friend, Mirai, has this.
- Name's the Same: Aki shares her birth name (Akihiko) and her surname with a character from Pretty Cure Spirit Explosion.
- "On the Next Episode of..." Catch Phrase: “Let love heal your heart!”
- One Steve Limit: Averted; there are two characters named Emi.
- Perky Female Minion: Tamora
- The Power of Love
- Power Trio: Initially
- Shrinking Violet: Hiromi
- Starcrossed Lovers: Cure Ariel and Shylock
- Transformation Trinket: The Cure Signets
- Transgender: Aki is a male to female transgender. Her chosen name is Misaki.
- The author has been praised for her portrayal of Aki, and the author herself wanted to portray a transgender person without any angst or drama.
Midoriri: When I wrote this, I didn't want to put in any drama, or bullying, or depression regarding Aki's situation. Aki is transgender, but it's NOT a big deal. It's just part of who she is. She isn't transgender for the sake of angst or drama, she just IS. Because trans people? They exist. They simply exist. They aren't vehicles of angst or drama or tragedy, they just ARE. And I thought it would be great to have a transgender character who was simply transgender. Not a transgirl who was depressed or bullied or an outcast, not a transgirl whose entire characterization revolve around her being trans, but just a character who happened to be transgender. I was under the impression that Aki being trans and that was it; she just was, no big deal, would actually make people want to read the story even MORE. Media needs more trans characters who are simply characters, people who are not defined by their being trans.
- Transformation Sequence: Aki and Hiromi share one, which includes:
- Two-Teacher School: The only teacher seen is Mrs Matoko.
- Verbal Tic: Ti ends his sentences with "-datchu."
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Not just the heroes; almost everyone has an unusual hair color.