Fan Fic / Pretty Cure Bukatsudo Energetic
Pretty Cure Bukatsudo Energetic
is a Pretty Cure
fanseries by TwinklingCupcake featuring an after-school activities thematic. It can be read on Fanfiction.net here
. The series is officially complete.
After the Dream Charm
, a magical crystal that nurtures everyone's hopes and dreams, is destroyed during an invasion and escape their home, Dream Peaks
, to Earth, two snakes named Kaana and Hisa take it upon themselves to send five emails containing a special program that, when the message is opened, will turn the pure-hearted recipient into a Pretty Cure. Soon, they assemble four girls into a team.
- Fumie Motou (Cure Ink): Main character and self-proclaimed leader of the group, aged 14. Fumie is a member of the art club, very cheerful, and...is the only Cure to not have a definitive dream.
- Kurako Kaneyama (Cure Twirl): The Lancer, aged 14. Comes from a rich family, though she lacks any of the snobbery that her classmates expected her to have—she does, however, like to charge people money for nearly everything.
- Aoi Wada (Cure Spice): Team Mom, 15 years old. A chef-in-training who adores spicy food. Soft-spoken and sweet, she is the self-proclaimed chef for Pretty Cure and their friends.
- Kotone Suzuki (Cure Beat): The Big Girl, 14 years old. Loves rock music and wants to be a rock-star in the US someday. Her floor has a problem with the volume of her practicing.
- Uta Suzuki/(Cure Aria): The Fifth Ranger, and Kotone's twin sister. A girly-girl who loves to sing and help others.
- Hisa and Kaana: Mascots and The Mentors. Kaana and Hisa are snake-sisters who are the princess's royal bodyguards, and took her with them when they fled to Earth. Kaana, the younger, is more juvenile and cheerful, while her big sister, Hisa, is much more serious.
And then, there's Mora.
A group of five people who want the Dream Charm for themselves and aim to steal the dreams of everyone in the universe, in Dream Peaks and on earth.They consist of:
- Nocturna: The Big Bad of the series, a surprisingly-young girl who was left horribly weakened by the attack on Dream Peaks, and now relies on her followers to do the dirty work for her until she is fully healed. Is implied to be in a relationship with Gachan.
- Gachan: The Dragon / Battle Butler. Wears a mask to hide his heterochromia and large birthmark that covers half his face. The gentleman of the group, he only does evil deeds because it's what Nocturna wishes, not because of any ill will he himself has.
- Chuusha: The Medic, a woman who claims to not feel pain herself, but loves inflicting it on others—including her own team-mates. Uses needles to fight, and loses her temper far too easily.
- Kemuri: The Dark Chick, an over-dramatic girl who treats battles as stage-performances and rates herself (and her opponents) at the very end. Tends to use colored smoke-bombs.
- Fureyaa: The Minion with an F in Evil, a 14-year-old boy who relies on bright lights to cover him in battle, and enjoys eating lunch with Pretty Cure and hanging out with them. He adopts a civilian disguise later and uses it to date Uta.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- All Part of the Show: In episode 15, Kemuri falls onto the stage during a school play and creates a Bakuko that Pretty Cure have to fight off. Everyone in the audience just assumes it's part of the play and comment that the effects are amazing.
- Berserk Button: For Aoi, it's foul-tasting food. For Kemuri, it's anyone touching/knocking off her monocle.
- Bittersweet Ending: Mora is defeated for good, the Dream Charm is restored as is Himemiya, and both worlds are safe. Chuusha and Kemuri have been revived and live better, happier lives, and Mari is now a Magical Girl Warrior too. However, Gachan and Ayumunote are both dead, though Fumie's sure they'll be revived eventually.
- Cerebus Retcon: In Fumie's first attempt at battling, she starts bleeding and flips out. When Aoi transforms, she keeps her glasses. Both of these go against canon (Pretty Cure being Made of Iron and Meganekko losing the glasses when they transform), which Hisa calls attention to. Both are played for laughs until we find out that Mora has dramatically weakened the power of Pretty Cure, and so the girls can't be Made of Iron or get their sight fixed until Mora is destroyed.
- Eye Catch: One of them has Fumie with Mari and the Cures as she paints a watercolor of Cure Ink then one whereFumie bangs a gravel to call a club meeting over.
- Ghost Amnesia: The only things Ayumu remembers are her name and that she's looking for "someone."
- Half-Identical Twins: Kotone and Uta. Both have purple hair, but Kotone's looks closer to black and is straight and long, Uta's is more plum-purple, short, and in curly pigtails. And then as Cures, they look even less alike.
- I'm a Humanitarian: When the team hears that Mora — actually the essence of Mora's power — "ate" the previous Precure and their companions, Fureyaa thinks he's being accused of cannibalism.
- I'm Having Soul Pains: How the members of Mora determine there's an activated Dream Shard nearby. Turns out it's their own destroyed hopes reacting to the embodiment of hopes and dreams itself.
- Nonuniform Uniform: The Cures' uniforms are all unique, with Cure Twirl wearing a red leotard over magenta bike shorts and Cure Beat wearing pants instead of a skirt.
- Now or Never Kiss: In the movie, Washi and Hisa share a quick kiss just before the climactic battle.
- One Steve Limit: Averted; one of the girls' parents is named Hibiki and so is one of their classmates. It actually causes a brief moment of confusion.
- "On the Next Episode of..." Catch Phrase:
- "Don't be late for next meeting!"
- Replaced by "I don't know if I can make the meeting..." for more serious episodes.
- The preview for episode 13 has "We're taking over the next meeting!"
- Orcus on His Throne: Justified. The reason Nocturna doesn't go after Pretty Cure herself is because she's been horribly weakened and is recuperating.
- Parental Abandonment: Mari is unwanted by both her mother and father, and hasn't seen them in years.
- The Power of Love: Fureyaa's love for Uta cements his transition to the good side, Gachan's love for Nocturna keeps her sane, and Nocturna's love for her team is her redeeming quality.
- Puppet Permutation: The Dream Charm being shattered not only mode-locked Hisa and Kaana, but turned Himemiya into a lifeless plush doll.
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: Hisa and Kaana were locked in their cute snake forms when the Dream Charm shattered. They get their human forms back by episode 25.
- Kotone first transforms into Cure Beat while seemingly falling to her doom.
- In episode five, Fumie sings a bit of the dub-theme for "Thumbelina: A Magical Adventure."
- When meeting Gachan for the first time, Kotone freaks and momentarily mistakes him for Dimentio.
- In episode 15, Kemuri ends up in a dark green cloak and hood, and the Drama Club calls her "Majorin." Sound familiar?
- In episode 19; one of Fumie's flashbacks reveals she had originally applied to Etoile Academy.
- Sick Episode: Episode 10 sees Fumie too sick to carry on her Cure duties for the day.
- Victim of the Week: The Dream-Eating Cranes can possess both humans and inanimate objects.