Fan Fic / Pretty Cure Bukatsudo Energetic
Pretty Cure Bukatsudo Energetic
is a Pretty Cure
fanseries by TwinklingCupcake featuring an after-school activities thematic. It can read on Fanfiction.net here
. As of this writing, the series is officially complete.
After the Dream Charm
, a magical crystal that nurtures everyone's hopes and dreams, is destroyed during an invasion and escape their home, Dream Peaks
, to Earth, two snakes named Kaana and Hisa take it upon themselves to send five emails containing a special program that, when the message is opened, will turn the pure-hearted recipient into a Pretty Cure. Soon, they assemble four girls into a team.
- Fumie Motou (Cure Ink): Main character and self-proclaimed leader of the group, aged 14. Fumie is a member of the art club, very cheerful, and...is the only Cure to not have a definitive dream.
- Kurako Kaneyama (Cure Twirl): The Lancer, aged 14. Comes from a rich family, though she lacks any of the snobbery that her classmates expected her to have—she does, however, like to charge people money for nearly everything.
- Aoi Wada (Cure Spice): Team Mom, 15 years old. A chef-in-training who adores spicy food. Soft-spoken and sweet, she is the self-proclaimed chef for Pretty Cure and their friends.
- Kotone Suzuki (Cure Beat): The Big Girl, 14 years old. Loves rock music and wants to be a rock-star in the US someday. Her floor has a problem with the volume of her practicing.
- Uta Suzuki/(Cure Aria): The Fifth Ranger, and Kotone's twin sister. A girly-girl who loves to sing and help others.
- Hisa and Kaana: Mascots and The Mentors. Kaana and Hisa are snake-sisters who are the princess's royal bodyguards, and took her with them when they fled to Earth. Kaana, the younger, is more juvenile and cheerful, while her big sister, Hisa, is much more serious.
And then, there's Mora.
A group of five people who want the Dream Charm for themselves and aim to steal the dreams of everyone in the universe, in Dream Peaks and on earth.They consist of:
- Nocturna: The Big Bad of the series, a surprisingly-young girl who was left horribly weakened by the attack on Dream Peaks, and now relies on her followers to do the dirty work for her until she is fully healed. Is implied to be in a relationship with Gachan.
- Gachan: The Dragon / Battle Butler. Wears a mask to hide his heterochromia and large birthmark that covers half his face. The gentleman of the group, he only does evil deeds because it's what Nocturna wishes, not because of any ill will he himself has.
- Chuusha: The Medic, a woman who claims to not feel pain herself, but loves inflicting it on others—including her own team-mates. Uses needles to fight, and loses her temper far too easily.
- Kemuri: The Dark Chick, an over-dramatic girl who treats battles as stage-performances and rates herself (and her opponents) at the very end. Tends to use colored smoke-bombs.
- Fureyaa: The Minion with an F in Evil, a 14-year-old boy who relies on bright lights to cover him in battle, and enjoys eating lunch with Pretty Cure and hanging out with them. He adopts a civilian disguise later and uses it to date Uta.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- All Part of the Show: In episode 15, Kemuri falls onto the stage during a school play and creates a Bakuko that Pretty Cure have to fight off. Everyone in the audience just assumes it's part of the play and comment that the effects are amazing.
- Alternate Universe
- Ambiguous Gender: Kotone and Uta's parent, Hibiki.
- Arbitrary Scepticism: In episode 11, Kurako doesn't believe youkai or ghosts can exist. This despite herself being a transforming heroine who fights giant monsters and is mentored by talking snakes.
- Arson Murder And Jay Walking: Cure Twirl in episode 2
"You dare to not only harm a student, to allow another to vandalize this precious school, but you also interrupt my practice time?!"
- Ascended Fanon: Fumie's mention of initially planning to attend Etoile Academy in episode 19 led to the author of Starshine Pretty Cure to notice the physical similarities between Fumie and Ibuki, and headcanoned them as cousins. After the author agreed with this, the two of them decided to just make it canon.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Ayumu in the finale.
- Beach Episode: Episode 17.
- Berserk Button: For Aoi, it's foul-tasting food. For Kemuri, it's anyone touching/knocking off her monocle.
- Bittersweet Ending: Mora is defeated for good, the Dream Charm is restored as is Himemiya, and both worlds are safe. Chuusha and Kemuri have been revived and live better, happier lives, and Mari is now a Magical Girl Warrior too. However, Gachan and Ayumunote are both dead, though Fumie's sure they'll be revived eventually.
- Boarding School: Atama Academy
- By the Power of Grayskull!: "Pretty Cure, show my future!"
- Catch Phrase: Kaana's "I love ___!"; Aoi's "And that's terrible!"; and Mari's "Bestest friends, 'k?"
- Cerebus Retcon: In Fumie's first attempt at battling, she starts bleeding and flips out. When Aoi transforms, she keeps her glasses. Both of these go against canon (Pretty Cure being Made of Iron and Meganekko losing the glasses when they transform), which Hisa calls attention to. Both are played for laughs until we find out that Mora has dramatically weakened the power of Pretty Cure, and so the girls can't be Made of Iron or get their sight fixed until Mora is destroyed.
- Circling Monologue
- Combined Energy Attack: Sparkling Dream Festival
- Cool Mask: Gachan wears a harlequin-mask to hide his "deformed" face.
- Curbstomp Battle: Chuusha versus Fureyaa in episode 18, with Fureyaa being the one getting curbstomped.
- Cute Ghost Girl: Ayumu
- Dark Magical Girl: Nocturna
- Disappears into Light: Ayumu as she Ascends To A Higher Plane Of Existence
- Eyes Always Shut: Hitomi, funnily enough.
- Eye Catch: One of them has Fumie with Mari and the Cures as she paints a watercolor of Cure Ink then one whereFumie bangs a gravel to call a club meeting over.
- Face–Heel Turn: Believe it or not, it's Mari. It doesn't last long, thankfully.
- Five-Bad Band
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Kurako administers this to Fumie.
- Ghost Amnesia: The only things Ayumu remembers are her name and that she's looking for "someone."
- Gratuitous Japanese: The Combined Energy Attack
"Sparkling Dream Festival...Ganbatte!"
- Half-Identical Twins: Kotone and Uta. Both have purple hair, but Kotone's looks closer to black and is straight and long, Uta's is more plum-purple, short, and in curly pigtails. And then as Cures, they look even less alike.
- Heel–Face Turn
- High-Class Glass: Kemuri wears a gold monocle with tiny gems inset. Nobody touches it but her.
- Humanity Ensues/Voluntary Shapeshifting: Kaana and Hisa
- I Just Want to Be Special: Mari
- I Knew It: One reader's reaction to episode 16's reveal of the new Cure. On the other hand, the author admits she didn't really try to hide it...
- I'm a Humanitarian: When the team hears that Mora — actually the essence of Mora's power — "ate" the previous Precure and their companions, Fureyaa thinks he's being accused of cannibalism.
- I'm Having Soul Pains: How the members of Mora determine there's an activated Dream Shard nearby. Turns out it's their own destroyed hopes reacting to the embodiment of hopes and dreams itself.
- Improbable Age: Would you believe that Nocturna is only 16?
- Incredible Shrinking Man: Uta and Fureyaa in episode five.
- Inter Species Romance: The movie has Hisa (snake) and Washi (eagle).
- Japanese School Club: The main theme of this series.
- Late for School: Subverted—in the first episode, Mari wakes Fumie by telling her she's late, and Fumie rushes around in a panic before realizing it's only five-thirty and Mari's pulling her leg.
- May-December Romance: Nocturna (16) and Gachan (mid-twenties)
- Meganekko: Aoi/Cure Spice. Yes, she keeps her glasses.
- Name's the Same: Cure Beat (Suite Pretty Cure ♪). Word of God says this was a complete accident, however.
- Nice Hat: Cure Ink
- Nonuniform Uniform: The Cures' uniforms are all unique, with Cure Twirl wearing a red leotard over magenta bike shorts and Cure Beat wearing pants instead of a skirt.
- Now or Never Kiss: In the movie, Washi and Hisa share a quick kiss just before the climactic battle.
- One Steve Limit: Averted; one of the girls' parents is named Hibiki and so is one of their classmates. It actually causes a brief moment of confusion.
- "On the Next Episode of..." Catch Phrase: "Don't be late for next meeting!"
- Replaced by "I don't know if I can make the meeting..." for more serious episodes.
- The preview for episode 13 has "We're taking over the next meeting!"
- Orcus on His Throne: Justified—the reason Nocturna doesn't go after Pretty Cure herself is because she's been horribly weakened and is recuperating.
- Our Ghosts Are Different
- Parental Abandonment: Mari is unwanted by both her mother and father, and hasn't seen them in years.
- The Power of Friendship
- The Power of Love / Love Redeems: Fureyaa's love for Uta cements his transition to the good side, Gachan's love for Nocturna keeps her sane, and Nocturna's love for her team is her redeeming quality.
- Puppet Permutation: The Dream Charm being shattered not only mode-locked Hisa and Kaana, but turned Himemiya into a lifeless plush doll.
- Schedule Slip: Eight months passed between the first and second episodes, due to complications in real life. Then the author had two moves in rapid succession, and then had computer troubles, putting another delay in the release of new episodes.
- Scholarship Student: A lot of the students at Atama Academy are this, but Fumie is the only one out of the main cast.
- School Festival
- Secret Keeper: Mari, Uta (before she becomes a Cure anyway), and now Hibiki, sort of.
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: Hisa and Kaana were locked in their cute snake forms when the Dream Charm shattered. They get their human forms back by episode 25.
- Sick Episode: Episode 10 sees Fumie too sick to carry on her Cure duties for the day.
- Fifth Ranger: Cure Aria
- Kotone first transforms into Cure Beat while seemingly falling to her doom.
- In episode five, Fumie sings a bit of the dub-theme for "Thumbelina: A Magical Adventure."
- When meeting Gachan for the first time, Kotone freaks and momentarily mistakes him for Dimentio.
- In episode 15, Kemuri ends up in a dark green cloak and hood, and the Drama Club calls her "Majorin." Sound familiar?
- In episode 19; one of Fumie's flashbacks reveals she had originally applied to Etoile Academy.
- Stepford Smiler: Mari turns out to be Type A.
- Transformation Trinket: The Pretty Cure PC, a handheld personal computer.
- True Companions
- Quirky Miniboss Squad
- Victim of the Week / Monster of the Week: The Dream-Eating Cranes can possess both humans and inanimate objects.
- Villain Episode/Villains Out Shopping: Mora gets the spotlight in episode 13.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: All Fureyaa wears on his upper body is a pair of shoulder-pads and a cape.
- Well Done Daughter Girl: Mari for her grandmother—though it's a variation, since her grandmother is already proud of her. In the movie, Carrol is this for her father.
- Wham Episode: EPISODE 28, Good God! Nocturna manipulates Mari into turning into a Dark Magical Girl, taking advantage of Mari's weaknesses and feelings of abandonment to turn her against Fumie, who is quite understandably hurt by Mari's Face–Heel Turn.
- Wham Line:
Fumie to Nocturna: That's not true, Ayumu! We know who you are! You were a Pretty Cure! Cure Honoria!
- You Have Failed Me: Averted! No matter how often a member of Mora screws up, Nocturna always gives them another chance.