Fan Fic: Neon Genesis Madoka Magica
Neon Genesis Madoka Magica is, as it's name implies, a crossover of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It is set in the same world as Evangelion, only five years later, and with the girls from Madoka Magica as its primary protagonists.The story starts as a normal day for Madoka Kaname, Sayaka Ikari, and Hitomi Shizuki, who are pulled from their everyday lives as the Third Angel, Sachiel, attacks Tokyo-3. Spirited away by Misato Katsuragi, the four set off for NERV, and the battle to save Tokyo-3 begins.Meanwhile, Shinji Ikari and Toji Suzuhara watch from the hilltops far away, unable to believe that something that should have been dead for five years has returned.Word of God has it that the author will not be following either storyline much after chapter 2. Characters may remain, but the overall storyline is going to be vastly different.It currently has five published chapters and a prologue.It can be found here.Has a Character Sheet that is in desperate need of some Wiki Magic.
Tropes contained in Neon Genesis Madoka Magica:
- All Just a Dream - The Prologue... maybe.
- All There in the Manual - The author is the primary editor of this page, and occasionally adds little tidbits that are not elaborated upon in the fic proper. Often, these are character related and occur on the appropriate page.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind - Sachiel is forcing Mami to relive the car crash that killed her parents over and over in order to keep her from resisting his mind control. Then Sayaka points out that she's wasting the life her parents saved. Sachiel obviously doesn't want her escaping, so what does she do? Flip the process around and force him to feel what he's done to her through her own nervous system.
- Big "NO!" - Sayaka's is literally loud and intense enough to shake the ground. It also doubles as a lead in to her Heroic Second Wind.
- Body Horror - Sayaka demonstrates the ability to regrow severed body parts and even charred skin in seconds. It isn't a pleasant process to watch.
- It turns out the only way to kill Sachiel is to destroy his core. That didn't stop Sayaka from trying everything else first.
- Chivalrous Pervert - Charles Weber, down to (the men in) his family having an actual code when it comes to dealing with women. This includes never touching a woman without consent, and never touching a minor period. He only makes exceptions when someone's life is in danger.
- Cool Plane - The YAGR-3B VTOL flown by Charles.
- Dark Fic - WARNING: The author is perfectly aware of how dark he could make this fic given what he is working with, and by god it will be dark. However, he is also a fan of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Shinji And Warhammer 40K, and even cited the latter as an inspiration for the fic. Take from that what you will.
- Full-Frontal Assault - Mami, under Sachiel's control takes out the entirety of Gecko Team while completely naked, and missing an arm.
- Fun with Acronyms - NORMAL stands for "New Ordinance Rough Movement Automaton Limbed." It means exactly nothing and makes no sense, but it allows the author to call them "Normals".
- Genre Savvy - Sayaka seems to love this trope, anticipating her father's attempted manipulations and that she's going to receive a power up and be made to fight the Angels in order to save the world. However, she might be thinking in terms of the wrong genre, especially considering the two series this fic is based on.
- Healing Factor - Sayaka's power. Ritsuko thinks she is actually converting raw energy into matter, although where she is getting that much energy (or how she's actually using it to heal herself) is unknown.
- Healing Hands - Homura seems to have these.
- Heroic Second Wind - Sayaka gets one after Sachiel tries to Mind Rape her. It's not exactly what the average observer would call "Heroic," however...
- Humongous Mecha - NORMALs and K-Frames.
- Mind Rape - Sachiel uses Mami's body to scout out the interior of the Geofront. When she realizes that he is doing this, he forces her to relive the car crash that killed her parents over and over to keep her from fighting back.
- Later Once Sayaka helps Mami break free from Sachiel, he turns on her, and proceeds to use his AT field to literally start frying her neurons, one by one. The effect is not pleasant.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown - Sayaka doesn't stop stabbing Sachiel even when both of his lungs are destroyed and his limbs have been sliced off. She's not even entirely aware she's doing it, nor that she's laughing the whole time.
- Noodle Incident - Charles has had a number of highly improbable adventures, including one incident that caused a Russian diplomat to swear never to set foot on a UN aircraft carrier again.
- Precision F-Strike - Hitomi of all people in chapter one, and several more later on.
- Shout-Out - So far, aside from the two series in the title, Armored Core, Fullmetal Panic, Mobile Suit Gundam, Fullmetal Alchemist, Monster, Eureka Seven, Code Geass, and Red vs. Blue.
- Tall, Dark and Bishoujo - Used word for word to describe Homura in chapter 1.
- Wham Episode - This fic was rated T before chapter 4 rolled around...
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair - Justified in the first chapter.A number of peculiar things had happened to hair following Second Impact. While most people born before Impact still had the blacks, browns, and blondes which were so common before, some inexplicably had their hair change color, usually to a washed out silver or blue, but not always, occasionally switching to more exotic colors.Children born Post-Impact experienced this much more intensely, with common hair colors now ranging all across the visible spectrum, from deep greens to vibrant purples, or in Madoka's case, a bright pink.