is a dark and extremely gory fanfic of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
by Sergeant Sprinkles.
Plot synopsis: Pinkie Pie invites Rainbow Dash to her bakery and offers her a cupcake. Rainbow Dash discovers too late that the cupcake was drugged; she wakes up some time later strapped to a table in a darkened room decorated up like a party, but in place of streamers and balloons are blood, bones and body parts. Pinkie Pie appears wearing a dress made from pony flesh and a necklace of unicorn horns. She reveals that she has killed many other ponies and then tells Rainbow Dash that "her number came up". She then proceeds to slowly and brutally mutilate Rainbow Dash as described in graphic detail, eventually killing her.
Perhaps what makes this story so disturbing is that, throughout the entire story, Pinkie Pie keeps up her bubbly, cheery personality, cracking jokes and insisting that she and Rainbow Dash are having a party, even as Dash pleads and begs for her life. The fic is notorious among the fanbase, to the point where it inspired several pieces of artwork and multiple alternate endings.
Read it here
. But dear lord
know what you're getting yourself into. The original version can be found here
A Dramatic Reading of the story can be found here
. The sporking of this story from the continuum by the PPC
can be found here
, if you'd like to sleep a bit easier tonight.
For those of you who don't
want to be mentally scarred for life, this intentional bastardization will basically tell you everything you need to know
. It's also good for if you have read "Cupcakes" and need some Nightmare Retardant
An alleged (former) Hasbro
animator worked on this
beauty in his spare time. If you need a version to giggle with the ghosties with, this would probably be the one for you, though still easily graphic and on the disturbitude scale of Invader Zim
and Ren and Stimpy
There have also been several musical works dedicated to the Fan Fiction
: Including a Portal 2
"Want You Gone" cross-over/cover
(and a "Still Alive" cover
) and two tribute
albums; by Futret
and Tarby, respectively.
This fic has also caused an ever growing amount of related fanfictions
by other authors. Prequels, parodies, and sequels. It even has a (worse?) Spiritual Successor
Cupcakes contains examples of:
- Adult Fear/Harmful to Minors: Twist was apparently one of Pinkie's victims as is Silver Spoon at The Stinger; Turns out, however, that both of them are Apple Bloom's victims.
- Animated Adaptation: There are many of these on YouTube and Newgrounds. See The Musical below for one of them. This one is rather popular, if only because it's rumored to have been made by a member of the production staff.
- Anyone Can Die: Pinkie has gotten to countless ponies, including, if the above image is anything to believe, Princess Luna. Yes, the second most powerful pony in all of Equestria, who controls THE NIGHT ITSELF, has been captured, killed, and made into cupcakes by a sugar-hopped, partying earth pony.
- In regards to Luna being killed by Pinkie Pie, one story actually draws attention to how difficult it would be for somepony to actually overpower Luna, let alone kill her. Even Twilight Sparkle would have been hard-pressed to do so. Which leaves only one pony capable of doing so, who just so happens to raise the sun....
- Asshole Victim: Pinkie had already killed Gilda the Griffon by the time she decided to go after Rainbow Dash. There's also the resident Jerkass filly, Diamond Tiara, amongst the victims.
- In one of the animated adaptations, along with Gilda, other victims are The Great and Powerful Trixie and Angel. As one of the more popular comments notes, "Let's be honest, Angel bunny had it coming..."
- And for her detractors I.E haters of a certain blue pegasus, Rainbow Dash herself could qualify too. Though she's more of a Jerk with a Heart of Gold. This was written during S1 when Rainbow Dash was a lot less sympathetic too, almost an Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist so she definitely qualifies.
- Ax-Crazy: Pinkie Pie and Apple Bloom.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Frankly, it's not likely anypony has had any luck trying to escape Pinkie's games.
- This holds true even in sequels and other expansions to Cupcakes. For example in My Little Pony: Forensics is Magic, it is revealed that most of the killings were orchestrated by Princess Celestia, since the body parts of the victims could be used in the creation of Homunculi, who could both replace the victims as well as provide horsepower for farming, which there was a shortage of according to Celestia in her Motive Rant. Wedge, one of the protagonists is told all of the above by Celestia, who has him at her mercy and is willing to kill him to ensure his silence. Just before she's does so, Applebloom, who had been peeking form behind a open door, rushes into the room and shields Wedge with her body. It seems like Applebloom made a Heroic Sacrifice, then Celestia refrains from attacking Applebloom...until it's revealed that Wedge is Applebloom's, having helped Pinkie in her killing spree. Celestia lets Applebloom (who has the Cutie Mark of a hacksaw) and the other Cutie Mark Crusaders carry off Wedge to be tortured and killed, with Celestia apparently having plans for using the moon as a place for several secret depopulation camps. The ending does have a Hope Spot in the form of a Dictaphone that Wedge chucked to Derpy, who carried it to Twilight's house, where it was discovered by Spike.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Pinkie Pie, a bubbly, somewhat ditzy pony, brutally murders her friend with a smile on her face and acts just that way the whole time.
- Black Comedy/Bloody Hilarious: Due to Pinkie's attitude to the whole deal, and how Purple Prosey the murder is described, some people found it hilarious.
- Brain Bleach: There's quite a bit of fanart and fanfics of the characters reading this fic (or in one case seeing a movie of it) and having this reaction.
- Broken Angel: A few of the Alternate Endings have Rainbow Dash survive but end up as this instead.
- Cannibal Larder: Pinkie Pie adorns her room with painted skulls, disembodied pony heads and streamers made from dried-up intestines, among other things.
- Cerebus Syndrome: It starts out simple and friendly enough... then it gets uneasy.
- Characteristic Trope: Almost all Dark Fics in this fandom are in some way connected to this story.
- Cold-Blooded Torture
- Comic Book Adaptation: There's one up on Deviant Art which is still ongoing. It's more or less identical except depicted in images rather than text.
- Creepy Pasta: Its infamy has caused Cup Cakes to become classified as one, though in this case its akin to an honorary creepypasta.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: A good friend of yours strapping you down, mutilating your body, and having you later made into cupcakes is the last thing anyone would ever want.
- Cute and Psycho: The most disturbing thing about the fic is that, despite all the murder, evisceration and evil cooking, Pinkie's outer self is just as happy, cute and casual as ever.
- Dark Fic: And how! Well-known fanblog "Equestria Daily" has many darkfics hosted, which are sorted under the "Grimdark" tag. Cupcakes is the only fic on the site with the "GRIMDARK AS FUCK" tag. Unless Equestria Daily ever starts allowing gorefics (Cupcakes was the exception because people kept pestering the site owner about it), it will be the only one with that tag.
- Dead Guy Puppet: Pinkie does this with Gilda's skull.
- Death by Irony: Rainbow Dash, representing the Element of Loyalty to one's friends, was betrayed and murdered by one of them.
- Defiant to the End: Gilda, to the point where Pinkie Pie shoves a Parasprite down her throat. Unlike Rainbow Dash, Gilda is so badass she badmouths Pinkie Pie until she dies.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Based on the victims we see, this could be interpreted as a Revenge Fic. However, the worst any of the victims have done is be petty Jerkasses. The fake movie trailer has her flip out over not being invited to the Grand Galloping Gala and being snubbed for Gummy's after-birthday party.
- Electric Torture
- Enfant Terrible: Apple Bloom. Dear Celestia, APPLE BLOOM.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Rainbow Dash had this realization when she finds out that Pinkie Pie was a mass-murderer, and was planning to kill her too.
- Fallen Hero: The same pony representing the Element of Laughter, who helped to defeat Nightmare Moon and Discord, is now a homicidal maniac with cannibalistic intentions.
- Fan Verse: The fanfic has been receiving an ever growing number of Spin-Offs, Spiritual Successors, Fan Sequels and Prequels, Ask Blogs and Fan Web Comics based on or is set in Cupcake's (sometimes in conjunction with another popular Dark Fic) universe (even the spin-off Dark Fics themselves are crossing over each other) that a Bloodier and Gorier version of Equestria is beginning to form where everyone has gone insane and the victims are somehow resurrected Back from the Dead (or have somehow survived the ordeal) to experience their torture and suffering all over again or to seek revenge on their killers.
- Faux Affably Evil: Pinkie retains her cheerful attitude while committing her atrocities.
- Flanderization: Although the original story uses a happy, curly-haired pony who behaves upbeat and is called "Pinkie Pie", references to this fan fiction written or drawn after "Party of One" aired will often call her "Pinkamena" instead (during a 'depressed' part of her childhood she went by her full name of Pinkamena Diane Pie), and represent the character with the straight hair and morose attitude she displayed during that episode.
- Flaying Alive: But not alive for long.
- Force Feeding: It's briefly mentioned that Pinkie forced a live Parasprite down Gilda's throat. In one of the unofficial sequels, Pinkie Pie feeds Fluttershy's beloved pet rabbit, Angel, to Gummy and then attempts to force-feed his remains to Fluttershy.
- Genuine Pony Hide: Pinkie's "dress".
- Giggling Villain: Pinkie.
- Gorn: Oh so much.
- Grotesque Cute: It's Pinkie Pie re-enacting Hostel!
- Gut Punch: See Wham Line below.
- Hero Killer: Technically, one hero is the killer of another, but still.
- Heroic BSOD: Poor Rainbow Dash. Tried so hard to make it out, but in the end, simply gave up and ended up being made into a cupcake.
- Hurricane of Puns: All of them organ-related.
- I'm An Equitarian
- Instant Sedation: Pinkie's knockout cupcakes.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Goes both ways: Pinkie murders Gilda, who is a complete and utter Jerkass, but more because Pinkie is utterly insane and less about being offended by her behavior. Gilda, on the other hand, was a jerk for the sake of being a jerk to Pinkie Pie, but considering Pinkie Pie turns out to be an insane murderer in this, Gilda wasn't exactly crapping on an innocent little flower like she was with Fluttershy.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: The fact that this fic was grimdark was actually supposed to be a plot twist. It's why the story has such an innocent name and starts out like a DashiePie fanfiction.
- Lethal Chef: Apparently, Rainbow Dash isn't very good at making cupcakes.
- Lighter and Softer: Cupcakes Redux, a re-imagining where what Pinkie does is stuff ponies absurdly full of treats. The descriptions can get a bit squick-y at times, but cartoon physics are in full effect – the worst thing that happens is a massive case of Balloon Belly. In the end, it reads much like one might expect a weird nightmare as it would depicted in the show itself.
- Lottery Of Doom: Pinkie chooses her victims like this.
- A Love to Dismember: and taxidermy.
- MacGyvering: Pinkie is quite creative with what's left of her victims. The necklace of unicorn horns, the dress made out of cutie marks, painting skulls for crafts, and many more disturbing ideas.
- Mugging the Monster: Turns out Gilda screwed with a mass-murderer.
- The Musical: Another Animated Adaptation was created. This time it's a musical with the song "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas playing in the background.
- Murphy's Law: Rainbow Dash actually considered blowing the meeting with Pinkie Pie off to continue her flying, but went anyway to be a loyal friend.
- No Dead Body Poops: Subverted. Rainbow's guts are removed and emptied out while she is being mutilated.
- Oh Crap! There Are Fanfics of Us...: Due to its infamous nature and generally how freaky it is, this story has become popular fodder for this, several Alternate Endings even making it a fanfic by the characters themselves and a few fanart depicting such reactions as this.
- Police Are Useless:
- It's a miracle how Pinkie is able to do all this without any legal comeuppance, or even notice by the Cakes (who own Sugarcube Corner and would certainly go in their basement from time to time). However, it's safe to assume that somepony has reported the missing ponies and Pinkie's just slipped under the radar.
- This is lampshaded in FimFlamFilosophy's parody video, where Pinkie is discovered by Mrs Cake shortly after the dramatic reveal and tries (and fails) to talk her way out of trouble.
- Though Mrs. Cake is annoyed with the fact that Pinkie's not working and not with the horrific acts of Torture Porn she's performing in the basement.
- One of the sequels deconstructs this by pointing out how unlikely it was Pinkie could do all this and not get caught by the police unless she had an accomplice...
- Pony Resources: Pinkie takes everything, organs, bones, and the such, from victims. See MacGyvering above.
- Potty Failure: Rainbow wets herself when Pinkie snaps her right wing off, and again when Pinkie electrocutes her.
- Precision F-Strike: This From the Original Text:
Rainbow Dash: Oh God, No.
- Psychopathic Womanchild: Pinkie.
- Put the "Laughter" in "Slaughter": The Element of Laughter is ironically a coincidence of this trope.
- Revised Ending/Multiple Endings: Several, made by a variety of people. For example:
- It was just a nightmare; Pinkie Pie wouldn't really butcher her friends. Not only was it just a dream, it horrified Pinkie Pie so much that Rainbow Dash had to reassure her that since she still knew right from wrong, she wasn't actually insane.
- It was just a nightmare that Rainbow Dash has... repeatedly, driving her insane and causing her to murder Pinkie in delusional self-defence.
- Twilight found them out and backed Pinkie into one of her own murder machines.
- In a short story(and bad maybe)Applejack comes to Sugarcube Corner,and finds out Dash cutie mark in the cupcake,she then strangles Pinkie and kick her neck,killing her.
- Pinkie fed the cupcakes made from Rainbow Dash to her other friends.
- They were just acting for an Alfred Hitchcolt movie.
- Celestia needs the pony cupcakes to prevent an ancient curse from making her go on a murderous rampage.
- It's just a fanfic, written by Fluttershy after listening to some OFWGKTA.
- And a two-parter where Pinkie gets caught, and before her execution tells the story of how her grandpa introduced her to the family traditions.
- And a multi-parter where Applejack finds her in time, but the doctors were unable to get her wings back on, devastating Dash's life and helping her find the true meaning of her cutie mark.
- And a last-minute derail in which Dash plays along with her tormentor, lures Twilight Sparkle in by pretending it's some gruesome game, tips her off in time for Twilight to zap Pinkie to sleep - and they discover that a parasprite is living in Pinkie's head, crushing and poisoning her brain, and they have to cure her, but fail to rehabilitate the traumatized Pinkie back into the community.
- It's just an April Foal's prank.
- It was just a fan fic written by Pinkie and Rainbow Dash.
- There's also a version on DeviantArt where it's a fan fic written by Discord and Megatron.
- After Fluttershy went back in time to stop Pinkie, Spike ended up being the murderer instead.
- A three-part sequel focusing on Applebloom discovering that killing ponies is her special talent.
- A sequel about how Pinkie Pie has a Split Personality and the split personality took control of her.
- Seconds before the mutilations, Rainbow Dash broke free, and managed to kill Pinkie instead, Hansel and Gretel style.
- And then there's Le Petit Four, a fanfic where Pinkie goes on to torture and murder Rarity, who dies begging her, "Please... don't do this to my little sister Sweetie Belle." Pinkie happily agrees right before eviscerating Rarity, who is happy to die by that point.
- It was Sergeant Sprinkles's idea for an opening to Season 2, and he gets dragged away because Lauren Faust thinks he's insane.
- A sequel in which Pinkie Pie kills Fluttershy, of all ponies. As if that isn't bad enough, Pinkie also has Gummy eat Angel right in front of Fluttershy.
- Another sequel where Pinkie Pie violently murders Applejack. It is extremely well-written adding to the overall squick.
- A Two part sequel in which two of Celestia’s Guards are sent to investigate the discovery of a body at Sugercube corner, only to uncover a bigger, more sinister crime: Affectionate Parody of CSI-type programs and film Noir set in Equestria of all places.
- In Cupcake Surprise, it was really a surprise birthday party for Rainbow Dash and no one was killed.
- Annnd now there's yet another version in which we discover that Pinkie kills Rainbow Dash because Dash raped Scootaloo. And Scoots helps Pinkie slaughter Dash. Oh yes, just to top off this big bucket o' Gorn, it turns out that the Ponies have a peace treaty with the Griffon Kingdom that involves all executed pony criminals being sold to them for meat. And Dash's flesh is sold by the Cakes to Gilda!
- Yet another sequel details how Pinkie Pie went on to torture and murder the rest of her friends and display their bodies to Twilight Sparkle. This was all done for some obscure occult purposes at the behest of Celestia that are not fully revealed until one reads the further nine part sequel it spawned. Essentially, Twilight and Pinkie Pie's four dead friends become powerful undead and Twilight Sparkle is taken over by another entity and begins to refer to herself as the Twilight Queen. This leads directly to Equestria being overrun by an army of dead ponies, each of whom exhibit the pink pony's personality.
- Sugar Cube Corner Siege is a story running parallel to Cupcakes. It details Twilight Sparkle and Spike being captured and imprisoned by Pinkie Pie while she's murdering Rainbow Dash, while the elite Special Pegasus Service come to the rescue and shoot Pinkie Pie dead.
- The Cold Part which takes place eight months after the original. Pinkie is becoming careless in her abductions and murders due to the crippling guilt of having taken so many lives, especially Rainbow Dash's. Ponyville is now more suspicious than ever of the unknown killer and Fluttershy's number has come up. It's now up to Twilight to save another friend from being lost.
- Of Nightmares and Confections has the events of "Cupcakes" as a horrible nightmare caused by a sadistic dream sprite Luna has been trying to capture for a long time. However unlike other stories Pinkie is portrayed as a hero who comes to Rainbow Dash's aid rather than a villain or another victim to an outside force.
- A (pretty bad) alternate ending where the Royal Guard attempts a last-second rescue and Pinkie escapes to Stalliongrad.
- The Ask a Pony blog 'Question Pinkamena' (which plays Cupcakes for Black Comedy) hinted that in the distant future Pumpkin and Pound Cake continue the killings, with Pinkie herself becoming a victim after she tried to kill Pound Cake.
- There's the X Reads Cupcakes series of short comics, in which the book exists in Equestria itself and inexplicably gets sent to Pinkie herself and all of her friends, eliciting various reactions from them. When Rainbow Dash reads it, she just laughs at how ridiculous the whole premise is. In the end, the book is revealed to have been the creation of Princess Celestia, who conjured it into existence to test the bonds of friendship between the Elements.
- Revenge Fic: Muffins, which has Derpy Hooves avenging the death of Rainbow Dash.
- It's also a Shout-Out to Dexter.
- In a different vein Cupcakes A$$ Kicking involves Pinkie Pie and Rainbow dash getting their very satisfying revenge on the writers.
- That was just the first chapter; later chapters contain Lyra and Twilight Sparkle getting revenge on cloppers, Big Mac owning the maker of Sweet Apple Massacre, and Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo laughing at Rainbow Factory.
- In a stroke of brilliance, some 4chan posters pointed out that Cupcakes could be considered a revenge fic for the horrible things Dashie does in Rainbow Factory.
- Room Full of Crazy
- Rouge Angles of Satin: There are a noticeable amount of grammar and spelling mistakes. They are (largely) cleaned up in the version hosted on Equestria Daily (although the Apple Bloom part of the fic is also inexplicably deleted as well).
- Scenery Gorn or Scenery Porn: Whether you like it or dislike it, the author is awesome at "show, don't tell." For example, the part where the lights turn on and all those horrific decorations appear isn't done by telling that. Instead…
“‘Oh god, no’ Dash reeled in horror at the image presented to her. The room was decorated with a typical but twisted Pinkie Pie flair. Colorful streamers of dried entrails danced around the ceiling, brightly painted skulls of all sizes were stuck on the walls, and organs done up in pastels filled with helium tied to the backs of chairs. The tables and chairs were made of bones and flesh of past ponies. Dash cringed at the center piece on the table nearest to her. The heads of four foals, their eyes closed like they were sleeping, wearing party hats made from their own skin. She recognized one of them as Apple Bloom’s classmate. Her eyes darted back and forth and then gazed up at the patchwork banner hanging from the rafters. Made from several pony hides, the words ‘Life is a party’ were scrawled in red.”
- Serial Killer: Pinkie
- She Who Fights Monsters/Pay Evil unto Evil: Derpy in the "Muffins" ending.
- Shot to the Heart
- Serial killer Pinkie Pie wears a dress made of the flesh of her own kind and forces insects down the throats of her victims, just like Buffalo Bill.
- Hush Now is a fanfiction that directly parodies The Silence of the Lambs with the “Cupcake Killer” Pinkamena Pie as Hannibal Lecter and Rainbow Dash as Clarice Starling.
- The whole story is pretty much a very grisly retelling of Sweeney Todd, except with the barbershop removed, Pinkie Pie taking on the roles of both Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett. This has not gone unnoticed by fans.
- Also, countless other fanfics have referenced Cupcakes itself due to its infamy:
- Better Living Through Science And Ponies: GLaDOS tries to convince Pinkie Pie that her friends know she's just a couple steps away from becoming a serial killer and baking them into cupcakes.
- Turnabout Storm: While Phoenix and Pinkie Pie are examining the victim's room, the inevitable ladder vs step ladder Running Gag is brought up. Phoenix compares it to cupcakes and muffins, Pinkie compares it to hacksaws and saws. The whole scene can be considered a Big Lipped Alligator Moment.
- Hoofstuck: In order to enter the Medium, Pinkie Pie needs to destroy her cruxite artifact, shaped like Rainbow Dash, with a knife. Unlike here, though, she does not savor the idea of carving up Dashie.
- Sonic Generations: Friendship is Timeless: Discord straps Rainbow Dash into a table that "looked like it was straight out of a horror story"—guess which one?
- Ed, Edd n' Pony: Chapter 2 reveals Ed is a brony, thanks to Sarah. Chapter 2 also reveals Ed was unfortunate enough to read Cupcakes. What does he do next? He pounds his head against the cement floor to get it out of his head. The others brush it off as just Ed being Ed. A later chapter has Ed checking to see if Rainbow Dash was okay before eating a cupcake.
- The Party Never Ended has it appear as a nightmare Pinkie Pie is trapped in at one point.
- Progress: While in Pinkie Pie’s apartment, Princess Luna watched a gut-wrenchingly bad and graphic cable television horror movie version of Cupcakes while Pinkie was busy in the kitchen. Luna was then startled by a completely (well, mostly) innocent Pinkie, and became temporarily phobic of pastries and the color pink. She tore the room apart before fleeing, but was forgiven, got over it quickly, and enjoyed Pinkie Pie's company later the same day.
- World of Ponycraft: Pinkie interrogates a cultist by telling her a cupcake recipe she read in a fanfic once.
- Silent Ponyville uses this fic as one of Pinkie's nightmares, even having her turn into this incarnation of Pinkie in one of the bad endings
- In My Little Denarians, the denarians briefly turn Pinkie into her Cupcakes version by tampering with the script, forcing Harry to invest a bit of his soul into giving her free will.
- Rainbow Leap uses ... well, almost all of these as parallel universes.
- The Pony POV Series version of Pinkie Pie tells the readers to stop talking about that "stupid fanfic" when she gets to a point in her introduction where she mentions cupcakes. The scary part is she nearly gets taken over by Angry Pie, who is arguably every bit as psychotic as the Cupcakes version. This version of Pinkie really hates this fic. In one chapter, the cast gets trapped in Princess Gaia's Lotus-Eater Machine. What is part of Pinkie Pie's fantasy? All copies of this fanfic being burned and a computer virus purging it from the internet!
- In the spinoff Pony POV Series Chaos Verse Cupcakes is reenacted by Discord to entertain his daughter and her friends. It is recreated as a live action show with most of the flaws of the infamous live action show of My Little Pony, turning Cupcakes into a comedy that makes Chaos!Pinkie Pie and Fluttercruel laugh for 10 minutes.
- Getting Back on Your Hooves has Pinkie say she doesn't make cupcakes where people can see, and mentioning suing someone for defamation of character.
- Fanmade game Super Filly Adventure has several references to it, such as Pinkie asking player character Jade if she wants to make cupcakes with her, Twilight referring to a book called 'Cupcakes' (which Jade insists she shouldn't read), and Pinkie musing on the purpose of a 'hacksaw' and claiming she's seen an 'eevil' version of herself in the mirror.
- EarthBound romhack EquestriaBound has cupcakes as healing items. Their description includes the following: "100% not made of anything questionable."
- The fanfic 'Po-Ni-Oh: The Abridged Series' (A ponyfication of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series) has a shout-out during the soap opera parody in episode 7, where Grandpa shooting Tristan becomes Granny Smith making Derpy into Cupcakes (With Cupcakes capitalized to drive the point home).
- A Series of Stories, an Affectionate Parody that pokes fun at the various cliches of the fandom, references this story after Rainbow Dash pretends to be her Rainbow Factory self (the premise is a horror novel in this universe) as a prank on Twilight, pointing out her doing something like that would be as outrageous as 'that horror novel Pinkie Pie wrote.'
- The Legend of Spyro fanfic The Legend of Spyro: A New Dawn has Delilah mention the "Cupcakes Incident" on more than one occasion, which involved this universe and left her deathly afraid of cupcakes. Apparently, she at least witnessed at least some of the events of the fanfic itself. It didn't seem to hurt her relationship with the canon version of Pinkie Pie though, who she lists as one of her best friends and is even upset she missed her birthday party. Though in the A New Dawn Side Story, Delilah is seen taking therapy for it.
- The Katawa Shoujo fanfic Hanako Bakes Cupcakes has Hanako brutally slaying Lilly, Hisao, Shizune and Misha after serving pieces of her flesh to them in cupcakes.
- The Portal fanfic Being Human has GLaDOS claiming to Wheatley she wrote Cupcakes. She says it was very well received.
- In My Little Caboose Blue Is Magic, Tucker has a nightmare about him and RD being processed into cupcake batter by Pinkie and Caboose.
- In Sweetie's Mansion, the intermission chapter mentions a novel about a seemingly cheerful girl who lures her best friend into the basement and murders her.
- Stepford Smiler: Pinkie Pie is a Type C.
- The Stinger: In the original version, Pinkie Pie is about to murder Silver Spoon, only for Apple Bloom to suddenly show up. Silver Spoon is relieved, believing that Apple Bloom is there to save her. And then it turns out that Apple Bloom wanted to kill Silver Spoon herself and has already done in Diamond Tiara; the story ends with Apple Bloom about to murder Silver Spoon while happily declaring that she's "gonna be a blank flank". For some reason, the revised version leaves this part out.
- Team Killer: The Element of Laughter butchering the Element of Loyalty. It seems unlikely either element will be much use come the next major villain who requires the elements for containment.
- The mane 6 aren't the Elements of Harmony. Celestia could still use them. In fact, that's what she did to banish Luna.
- Except she can't. That's how Nightmare Moon and Discord both escaped, since Celestia (and definitely Luna) were no longer connected to the elements, weakening their seals. The elements themselves were briefly destroyed in the second episode, before reforming around the Mane 6. So while the 6 themselves aren't the elements, they are connected to them. And it's highly unlikely that Pinkie (and Celestia, if you count certain sequels) will be able to use them, and Dashie obviously can't, so Equestria had better hope for new bearers...
- The mane 6 gave up the elements at the start of season 4 to save the Tree Of Harmony. So Celestia probably did something similar…
- Torture Cellar
- Torture Technician
- Tongue Trauma: Pinkie said that she had cut out Gilda the Griffin's tongue as punishment for mouthing off to her.
- Troll Fic: Sort of; Sergeant Sprinkles wrote it mostly on a whim and posted it to see if would actually get any views. He was quite surprised by the reaction that came after.
- Vasquez Always Dies: Of course the most tomboyish pony was the first on-screen victim...
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show
- Willing Suspension of Disbelief: The main reason why this story leaves many a deep scars is because the grim atmosphere twists the ties made in the subconscious so much that they become much harder to unravel, allowing traces of the events to become imprinted on the reader's long-term memories.
- The scarring power of this fiction was given an unforeseen increase thanks to a very disturbing coincidence in Party Of One where Pinkie has a Heroic BSOD and gets in an argument with Rainbow Dash.
- Wham Line: The line "Now, you take a nap." was ''supposed'' to be this, but, again, everyone already knew the twist, so they saw a line like this coming a mile away.
- Would Hurt a Child: Diamond Tiara and Twist were two of Pinkie's victims.
All you have to do is take a cup of flour...