"My ears are bleeding in the best way."
—justice9000note , on "Conté Hit & Run"
Futret was a character by and handle of South London dubstep/breakcore artist Tom Bennett, who hosts a number of other online-personas. He had produced a few early tracks under the name of alienfingers.
A now deactivated DeviantArt
account (now available on derpibooru
) was also run by him under the name of NetherLips. His art mainly consisted of parodies of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
characters, which he renders in a style that has been called "marshmallowy moe-blobs
". but also some separate fanart, such as Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff
, and some of his own characters. He had proposed concepts for deer and other furry Original Characters
on his deviantART and ideas for backgrounds, but a full story was never completed in time.
Major inspirations for his music include anime and Japanese culture, Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff-type satirical media, and the Furry Fandom
. He is probably best known for his work with Renard Queenston
, and in Friendship Is Magic
fandom for his tribute album to Cupcakes
- Cupcakes (June - 2011)
- SYNAPSE (August - 2011)
- Gay Deer World Takeover - the Antlerfabulous EP (December - 2011)
- DON'T EVER PAY MONEY FOR THIS ALBUM [FOR SERIOUS] (January - 2012)
- BALLS OUT MAGIC [MLP:FML] (February 2012)
- ULTIMATE FUTRACKS 2012 VOL.3: MEDIAFIRE TROJAN VIRUS (07 April 2012)
- Futret's Bangin Ginga Midi Monogatari (14 February 2013)
- Late to the Party (11 July 2013)
Tropes that apply to Futret: