Le Petit Four
is a Fan Sequel
of the seminally infamous My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
gore fanfic, Cupcakes
The story starts with Pinkie Pie's twitchy gut "telling" her to invite Rarity to Sugarcube Corner to become a particularly fancy treat, despite Rarity thinking otherwise. Soon Pinkie drugs Rarity, and it all goes downhill from there, with a rather surprising yet in-character twist at the ending.Le Petit Four
also has a direct Fan Sequel
in the form of One Last Party Favor
The story is here
- Anypony Can Die: Due to Pinkie Pie’s twitchy gut, and knowing the random nature of her twitches, anypony can really die. Except one.
- A Love to Dismember: Pinkie Pie kept Rainbow Dash’ taxidermised corpse hanging from the wall.
- Axe Crazy: Pinkie Pie, obviously.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Nopony is coming to save Rarity.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Subverted
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Black Comedy: “Oh look Rarity, I got my beloved Moustache back!”
- Cold-Blooded Torture
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Horn removal notwithstanding along with everything else.
- Dark Fic
- Dark Reprise: An especially chilling example, as Pinkie begins SINGING while skinning Rarity. The tune she butchers? Rarity's dressmaking song, The Art of the Dress.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Even if she is a cannibalistic serial killer, she will never break a promise to anyone, not even from her victims.
- Fallen Hero: Considering it's Pinkie Pie, Element of Laughter, yes.
- Faux Affably Evil: Pinkie is always cheerful, even when cutting up her friends!
- Flaying Alive: And very conscious of it! Dear Celestia…
- Force Feeding: Pinkie forces Rarity to drink Gummy’s bath water.
- Giggling Villain
- Grotesque Cute
- Hero Killer: Again, Element of Laughter upon Element of Generosity.
- Heroic BSOD: Rarity's beautiful horn, mane and tail being removed would surely send her over the brink.
- Hoofgore: Pinkie Pie takes the burning nails scene to the extreme, when she uses them to detach Rarity’s hind hooves.
- I’m an Equitarian
- Genuine Pony Hide: And it gets even worse when Pinkie Pie skins Rarity alive to make a dress out of her.
- I Ate WHAT?: Played straight when Rarity realizes Pinkie Pie made the cupcake she ate out of Rainbow Dash.
- I Gave My Word: After killing Rarity, she honours her promise and removes Sweetie Belle from the Lottery Of Doom so she will not be killed.
Pinkie Pie: A promise is a promise, Rarity...
- Instant Sedation
- Lottery Of Doom: One of the first, if not THE first fanfic based on Cupcakes to expand upon the lottery idea with a more drawn-out process, involving a wall of all the ponies in Ponyville and a number for each of them, all mixed up in a hat.
- MacGyvering: It's Pinkie Pie, and it's Cupcakes, her inventiveness remains.
- Pet the Dog: What separates this fanfic above other sequels from Cupcakes, is when Rarity begs Pinkie Pie to promise her one thing.
Rarity: Please... don't do this to my little sister Sweetie Belle.
- She honours the promise.
- Anypony who read the Silent Ponyville Chronicles may feel especially sympathetic towards Pinkie Pie for honouring this specific promise.
- Pinkie Pie Swear: Even when cutting up Rarity, she repeats her Pinkie Pie Swear to honour Rarity's pleaful promise.
- Pony Resources
- Room Full of Crazy
- Shout-Out: Being this a direct sequel to Cupcakes, the entire story is pretty much this.
- Stepford Smiler: Pinkie Pie is a still Type C in this one.
- Title Drop: Guess what Pinkie Pie calls her newfound classy confectionery.
- Torture Cellar
- Torture Technician
- Traumatic Haircut: Being Rarity, this is twice as traumatic to lose her beautiful hair.
- Less of a haircut and more of a full-on scalping.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Rarity vomits when Pinkie Pie rips off her tail and shows it to her and again when she drinks water, only to realize it was Gummy's bathwater.
- Water Wake-up: Right before Rarity falls into unconsciousness.