Fan Fic / A Codette World Tour
made by TDI Charlie Brown
Takes place during TDWT. Bridgette and Geoff never reconciled after their arguments and break up before TDWT. After a mishap, Cody ends up on Team Victory. And with Alejandro wooing Bridgette, can Cody save Bridgette before it's too late?
There are 10 chapters and an epilogue. WARNING! Most spoilers unmarked.
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic: In this story's universe, Bridgette and Geoff's relationship never recovered after Geoff started becoming a jerk, resulting in their breakup before Total Drama World Tour. The team rosters are also different due to a couple of small changes in the setup.
- Attempted Rape: Alejandro stages a rape attempt of Bridgette to manipulate Cody.
- Awesome by Analysis: Sierra finds the hidden oil supply and wins the challenge by knowing what type of shoe the intern who hid it wears and just following his tracks.
- Berserk Button:
- The mere idea of Alejandro manipulating Bridgette makes Cody want to punch him.
- Don't mess with Chef's tiger!
- Never say or call Alejandro José or he will likely snap at you. But that's nothing compared to what will happen if you call him Al multiple times in a row.
- Break the Cutie:
- Cody is stuck on a different team from his crush, vilified by Alejandro, loses his longtime crush, Gwen, to Duncan and gets his heart stomped on by Gwen on TV into the bargain, and loses his new crush, Bridgette, to Alejandro.
- Bridgette loses her canonical boyfriend, must come to terms with being in the wrong concerning her anger toward Cody, falls for Alejandro only to learn that he was manipulating her, and sees a close friend turns into a jerk.
- Break the Haughty: Courtney losing her best friend and boyfriend, getting slugged by her best friends, all while on TV.
- Character Development: Through the fic, Bridgette and Cody become better friends first, they're still busy with their own love interests. They become closer friends with romantic hints but, they don't think much of it. Through the chapters they eventually became a couple.
- Hidden Depths: Sierra despite being a ditz manages to sneak a laptop on board (twice), fool Chris, and win a challenge through simple deduction.
- If You Ever Do Anything To Hurt Him: Sierra wants to be sure Cody is in good hands in his relationship with Bridgette, so she tells Bridgette in no uncertain terms that she (Sierra) will not stand for any mistreatment of him.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Even after Cody realizes that he likes Bridgette, he's willing (despite the pain) to let her be with another if that's who she wants. Sierra is willing to let Bridgette date Cody despite her initial rage, and Geoff likewise comes to accept Bridgette and Cody being together.
- Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places: Bridgette reflects how her past boyfriends were shallow, lustful and was always using her and trying to change her before finally realizing she developed feelings for Cody.
- Nice Guy / Nice Girl : Bridgette being a Nice Girl is what made Cody eventally have feelings for her, and visa versa. It was what made Sierra (eventually) decide to let Bridgette date Cody. It was also what made Cody fangirl Anita accept Bridgette and Cody being together.
- Shipper on Deck: DJ is very much aware and supports Bridgette and Cody.
- Direct references are made to the animated series "Family Guy" and "Animaniacs", the animated film "The Secret of Kells", the films "Piranha 3D" and "George of the Jungle", the television series "The Jersey Shore", and the internet comedian "The Nostalgia Critic".
- Cody's tear-filled rant after being brutally rejected by Gwen near the end of Chapter 4 is scripted much like the tearful breakdown Will Smith had over his father leaving him again in "Papa's Got A Brand New Excuse."
- Smug Snake: If only Alejandro could keep his yap shut in front of the confession camera then no one would have known about his manipulation of the contestants when Sierra gets access to them.
- Take That:
- To Pirhana 3D, to the point that DJ tosses the movie out the door in the plane. And to drive the point home, it's listed as one of the eliminated campers.
- In chapter six Chris tells Chef that no matter how much he hates his job at least he doesn't work for Skatoony.
- Villainous Breakdown: After Alejandro's Berserk Button is pushed too many times, he goes off the deep end and actually tries to kill Geoff, Cody, and Bridgette.