One of the more popular Asian animation studios, Toon City
is an animation studio in the Philippines
The studio took off in 1993, at first having only around 10 animators. Its employment has since multiplied.
As with South Korean studio Sunwoo Entertainment
, Toon City's first client was Disney
, which hired Toon City to work on Bonkers
. Not only have they worked on a large amount of Disney cartoons since, but they've also gotten several other clients, including Universal
(for Curious George
), Warner Bros.
(for Tom and Jerry Tales
and The Looney Tunes Show
), and even Nickelodeon
(for The Mighty B!
In its earlier years, Toon City was often listed with Moving Images International, the latter of which briefly worked on Goof Troop
before Toon City was founded.
Shows and films worked on by Toon City:
Tropes found in Toon City's work:
- All-CGI Cartoon: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Animation Bump: Particular high points can be found in their Disney work sans Recess.
- One of their main problems with Recess was that while the animation was pretty fluid, it really didn't work with the show's style.
- Conspicuous CG: Like Rough Draft, Production I.G and GONZO, they're guilty of this.
- Medium Blending: Happens from time to time on some of their shows.
- Off Model: All of their Recess episodes, as mentioned above.
- Production Posse: Heavily used by Disney in the majority of their projects.