Polaris is a gaming network on YouTube
and affiliated with Maker Studios. Created in 2007 as TheGameStation, its official website is its YouTube page
. The company revolves around sponsoring gamers and giving them partnerships on YouTube
, although changes to how this functions
are leading to increased tension between the gamers and YouTube. The YouTube channel itself mostly covers real life affectionate parodies
and skits related to gaming, which are produced and cast by its members whom work for Polaris offices in Los Angeles.
Some of Polaris' more successful videos include their spin-off Lore In A Minute
series, after a premier Diablo
lore short, and a popular Web Original
series, "The Street Fighter". They had also embarked on a new adventure called "Broken Quest
," an animated spoof of MMORPGs
, Tabletop Games
and fantasy gaming in general.
's leaving from Game Grumps
on June 25, 2013, sequential episodes of Remag Daily had a number of the hosts "leaving" the show. It was finally announced on July 4-5, 2013 that TheGameStation was rebranded to Polaris in order to include more non-gaming related channels and original programming.
open/close all folders
Gaming networks within Polaris
Polaris/TheGameStation itself provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Some of the members go by their real names, and some go by nicknames or stage names, so when they collaborate it can have this effect.
- Gamer Girl: Press Heart To Continue, Rinry Game Game, and Nintendo Fan Girl, among many others.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Is that the Lisa Foiles from All That and The Angry Joe Show?
- Podcast: A weekly one featuring Total Biscuit, Jesse Cox, and Dodger, plus one random guest.
- Running Gag: Wailmers in trees in the background of "Lore in a Minute" videos. Ever since a few complaints about the Pokémon lore involving the Kanto region that somehow contained a Wailmer (hiding in the forest, nonetheless), a Wailmer has sneaked itself in the Left 4 Dead and Guild Wars lores.