Lore in a Minute!
is a series of animated videos on YouTube
, written and narrated by the staff of Polaris
(most typically TotalBiscuit
and Press Heart To Continue
) with art by various animators starting with DJ Ross
. They involve a brief explanation about the backstory of a certain video game franchise and as indicative of the title typically take anywhere around a minute.
Recently Lore has added a second series called Fast Facts to the channel. These shorts are facts that are said in a rapid manner.
There is also Checkpoint, which gives a similarly quick summary of a game's story, so naturally there will be spoilers.
It also updates thrice weekly, with a game Lore on Mondays, Fast Facts on Wednesday, and either a developer Lore or a Checkpoint on Fridays.Have fun!
Includes examples of:
- Gamer Girl: Some of the narrators.
- Motor Mouth: Pretty much required by all of the narrators to get the Lore under a minute.
- Oh, Crap: "Have fun."
- Once an Episode: The aforementioned "Have fun!", usually coupled with at least one character (Usually the player character) from the series being covered having a worried look.
- Running Gag: A Wailmer can commonly be seen in scenes with a forest.
- Shout-Out: Lara Croft's treasures, including a diamond from Minecraft.
- And the aforementioned Wailmers.
- Look through all the Fast Fact episodes and count how many Psychonauts references there are.
- One of the hats in the Team Fortress 2 episode is Peacock's top hat from Skullgirls.
- Something Completely Different: The Animal Crossing, SkiFree and Flappy Bird lores have nothing to do with the respective games, but speculate on the Villager, the Yeti and Flappy respectively. It paints the Villager as a Yandere being cheated out by Tom Nook, the Yeti as an exiled Microsoft employee out for revenge, and Flappy as losing sleep and delirious while trying to cope with the nightmarish world around it.
- Stealth Pun: Their "Have Fun" tee shows a hunk of dead meat on the box cover. Considering how characters usually act by video's end, this comes as no surprise.