The team circa late 2012. From L-R
: Sparkles*, Parvis
, Zoey, Nilesy, Sjin, Duncan, Simon, Lewis, Hannah (and Mr Owl), Sips
, In The Little Wood
(also known as Martyn), Rythian, Strippin, MintyMinute
The Yogscast are a network of YouTube
video producers, mostly based in their offices in Bristol, but also include people across the United Kingdom and around the world. They produce video game Let's Plays
and the occasional review for entertainment. They are members of Polaris
from the days when it was TheGameStation. Begun by Lewis Brindley (Xephos) and Simon Lane (Honeydew) in 2008 as a way of showing Simon's comedic talents to the world, by 2011, the Yogscast grew into multiple channels with different video producers focusing on different sorts of games. The "gaijin rock" band, Area 11
, is also associated with Yog Towers and do their own Let's Plays.
Speaking of games, they publicly support a fan-made platforming game, Yogscast And The Mystical Dream Tower
, in beta as of May 2014. Winterkewl Games began work on another game based on the Yogscast's characters, Yogventures
, but as of July 2014, Winterkewl Games has been hit by financial trouble
, and full ownership to the unfinished game has been relinquished to the Yogscast with its future status unclear. The situation got worse on July 21, 2014, when it was revealed that over two-thirds
of the funds raised during the Kickstarter had mysteriously disappeared. Lewis made a statement on Reddit
saying that the initial statement "omitted much", but said that he was not prepared to go into detail on the situation.
They now have their own
Producers with their own page:
Series with their own page:
You Tube channels For examples pertaining to the Minecraft series, including Shadow of Israphel, see Yogscast Minecraft Series.
Yogscast as a whole provides examples of these tropes:
- 20% More Awesome: At the Diablo III launch event Simon claimed to have an ax of +2 Awesomeness that has been corrupted by Diablo to have -3 awesomeness.
- Duncan shows this trope a lot. Case in point his Cooking With Duncan 300 video/1 million subscribers video.
- Sjin too though, to be fair, almost ALL of the male members fall into this category every now and then.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Almost everyone has had a case of this, mostly during the livestreaming.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Simon. This also happens to both of them whenever they play Minecraft in the Minecraft series.
- Author Appeal:
- Dwarves. See Simon's character in the Yogscast Minecraft Series, Honeydew, and the undead dwarven pirate NPC Spacker. Also spreads to The YoGPoD constantly talking about dwarves, their YouTube profile image, and even their way of censoring inappropriate bits being images of dwarves.
- Taken to ridiculous levels in their Guild Wars 2 preview, where Simon tries to make one of his characters as dwarfy as possible, despite playing a Norn, which are twice the size of humans. With the size slider turned up to max.
- Also, Jaffa Cakes. When Lewis and Simon got the chance to star in their own DLC for Sanctum, the entire point was keeping their horde of "Joffo Cakes" safe.
- Awesome but Impractical:
- ARSE Mines in Simon and Lewis' Magicka playthrough with TotalBiscuit. During their Christmas livestream when they finally begin playing Magicka again, ARSE-Mines are simultaneously their best weapon against Dwarves, and their worst enemy with Total Party Kills.
- In their Diablo 3 unboxing, Simon can't get the plastic packaging off...so he uses a Frostmourne. Also serves as a Call Back.
- Also during their live-action Don't Starve challenge, Duncan ends up bringing a HUGE machete with him. Why? To slice onions.
- The Backwards R: In spite of Polish using the Latin alphabet, in the Civilization V challenge, Lewis is LЗЩІ? note of РОLДЙD, or Lzeshchi? of Roldyd.
- Better Than a Bare Bulb: Oh so very much.
- Big Eater: Simon
- Big "NO!": Simon generally just drops these whenever something bad happens to him, Lewis, or a well-liked character during a game:
- Simon drops one of these in the single-player mode of Portal 2, when he tries to smuggle the Companion Cube with him and it disintegrates.
- Simon drops 2 giant ones during their playthrough of a Left 4 Dead Map modded to look like Minecraft...When tasked to find a stick and block of cobblestone to make a lever in the Nether Level, Simon first finds Xephos' (Lewis' Minecraft Avatar) corpse holding the stick, and then later Lewis finds Honeydew's (Simon's Avatar) corpse holding the block of cobble.
- Probably one of Simon's biggest Nos comes when Knight Peculier is killed in Shadow of Israphel.
- Lalna drops a pretty big one when Lewis accidentally deletes the core component of his spaceship in their Garry's Mod Spaceships playthrough.
- Simon drops one, and a Big "OMG!" in the "Can your Pet?" spotlight when his friend Derpybird meats a "bicycle".
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Male Version. Duncan, Lewis, and Simon respectively, when they do videos together.
- The 'Dream Team', aka Martyn, Strippin and Sparkles*.
- The 6th TGS Podcast has Jesse, TB and Simon respectively, Badass Beards and all.
- Bow and Sword, in Accord: Following the typical loadout, both Simon and Lewis go with this - Simon more often using the Bow, and Lewis more often using the Sword, but they do take turns. How much it helps them out is up for debate.
- Their LP of Fable III has Simon taking a rifle and sword, and Lewis using a pistol and warhammer, further cementing their roles of ranged and melee damage respectively.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Simon and Lewis notice the unusual running animation of a character in Dead Island. They theorize that this trope is in effect.
Simon: Well, he was just in a helicopter crash, Lewis...
- Buffy Speak: Lewis is a master at this.
- Canine Companion: The dogs in Fable III and the tamed wolves in Minecraft.
- Catch Phrase: Simon and Lewis have several.
- Simon's "Follow me!" and "Cooooome 'eeeeeeere!" ("Come here!")
- Simon's girlish "Awwww!" along with Lewis' somewhat less girlish one.
- Simon saying "That'sss a very nice everything you have there" whenever a Creeper shows up in Minecraft, referencing a popular meme.
- Simon and Lewis call each other "Friend" an awful lot.
- Lampshaded somewhat when they first arrive at the Mistral City graveyard and find their pre-planned graves. The prepared epitaph on Xephos's (Lewis's) grave is, rather touchingly, "Goodbye, Friends!"
- Any official merchandise is sent with a thank-you card containing the message "Thanks for the support, Friend!"
- Humming the chest opening music from The Legend of Zelda whenever they find some rare treasure. The "found a secret" from the same series and a simple angelic choir sound also pops up in a similar fashion.
- The charming but odd way Simon says "Hellloooooo!"
- "Balls to it" and variations.
- Asking/saying that someone's "Ballsed it up" whenever someone severely screws something up.
- "Hooraaaaaay!" whenever they escape a deadly situation or find something good. Simon tends to say this more, with Lewis sometimes following up with his less-excited one.
- The Diggy Diggy Hole song, as well as all of its variations.
- Lewis' "Hup!" when ever he does a jumping puzzle.
- Fuckin' Hell's bells
- Nooooooo!!! Why would you do that?!!
- "See you later, shitlords!", used mostly by Simon, when he gains advantage over others and/or departs.
- "It's good, isn't it?" Often heard during mod spotlights.
- Simon blaming anything that goes wrong even in non-Blizzard games on Blizzard or "Blizz", often along the lines of "Oh come on, Blizz", or "What the hell, Blizz!".
- In Minecraft Mod spotlights, anytime Lewis is showing something new to Simon, Simon immediately goes "What?". e.g., "So I put a nuclear reactor here in my basement..." "What?"
- Simon's anxious "Ooo!" whenever he's in jeopardy, Such as repeatedly throughout this video of Magicka: Vietnam, or when trying to be cautious.
- Simon's "[phrase], son!"
- After Minecraft Mod spotlights saying "It's a whole new game"
- Lewis' referring to something as an "[x]-type area".
- "Trucking tuesday, everyone! (honk honk)"
- Chastity Couple: Lewis and Hannah almost never show any signs of being in a relationship and never even reference having any kind of physical romance. The only way most people remember that they are even dating is when it is specifically mentioned by other people.
- Plus, during one YoGPoD, Simon jokingly talks about having a secret "activity" with Hannah and Lewis reacts with mild jealousy.
- All the while Simon always refers to their relationship as them "living in sin" together.
- Played for Laughs in Part 5 of Lewis and Simon's Minecraft Xbox playthrough.
Lewis: Hannah's going to be furious.
- Upon being asked if he had any last words in the 'Epic Air Battles & Pincushions' mod spotlight, Lewis responds with "Tell Hannah... that I love her."
- The Chew Toy: Lewis is sometimes subjected to this.
- At the end of the third Magicka video, Simon gets a machine gun. He spends the next few minutes killing Lewis, rezzing him, and killing him again.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Simon and Lewis, consistently, but Simon tends to be more often.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Each Yogscast YouTube page has a different colour scheme for their banners, icons, and prior to YouTube}}'s One Channel, backgrounds. Sips' is brown, after his dirt factory in Minecraft Tekkit, while Rythian's purple evokes his Minecraft avatar's love of magic and his apparent Enderman heritage.
- Combat Pragmatist: Lewis, according to his description of his own playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas. He has barely any idea who Joe Cobb's character is because, in his own words, as soon as he heard Cobb talking about burning down Goodsprings, he "shot him dead there and then," in order to avoid having difficulty killing him when he was actually supposed to.
- Companion Cube: Simon's is, well, The Companion Cube.
- Continuity Nod: Some of the donator names for the JustGiving fundraiser referenced old YoGPoDs, such as "Nick Fuckface" and "Happy Adjustable Spanners".
- Curb-Stomp Battle:
- Magic: The Gathering: Simon vs Lewis: Round 4, with Simon the stomper and Lewis the stompee.
- Also in The Tryhard Chronicles, where Simon plays a noob dwarf with a godawful dwarf deck in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. He has a 3-2 win-loss record for his five matches before he fights the Tryhard Lewis... then he finishes him in ten minutes, ending with 27 health. Lewis notes that this means he has become the Tryhard.
- Deadpan Snarker:
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: When Lewis suggested that Simon's prisoner character's crime in Skyrim was being a video game pirate, Simon responds that he probably deserves to be executed.
- Disaster Democracy: In one of Lewis and Simon's Left 4 Dead 2 playthroughs:
(Simon has been complaining about Lewis being bossy to the rest of the group)
Simon: Is this what it's going to be like, in a post-apocalyptic scenario? You'll just take charge and start issuing orders?
Lewis: Well, I... We're more likely to survive that way, I think.
Simon: I don't like your attitude.
Simon: I didn't vote for you either! Let's have a vote, who wants Lewis to be in charge?
Duncan: I do.
Simon: I do too, actually. It was just the lack of democracy I didn't like.
- Do Not Call Me Paul:
- About half the Yogscast (Sips, Sjin, Rythian, etc.) never go by their real names, even when the group is just hanging out or working at Yog Towers.
- Sjin (whose real name is actually Paul) has stated quite plainly that when in Yogtowers, he prefers to go by Sjin.
- Drop the Hammer:
- Epic Fail: Referred to as "ballsing it up" or "dwarfing it up" here:
- Simon pulled one in the "Don't Starve" real life challenge. One of the challenges was to start a fire, and Simon cheered when he started his... at the beginning of the next episode.
- The Yogsquest videos contain a few, so far Duncan had splattered Sjin's rat dad on the ceiling and Sjin falling down and cracking his head, leaving him with 1 hotpoint.
- After 45 episodes and streams of Moon Quest, Simon is successfully launched to the moon... only for him to crash-land, lose everything, strand himself on the moon, and force them to finally cheat because he was too busy reading aloud "Hold Space to Slow Down" instead of holding Space down!
- All three have now attempted to land on the moon, both Simon and Duncan crashed, but Lewis managed to forget his air tanks, and died of suffocation before the rocket even touched the Moon's surface...
- In the second Dropper map. Lewis lays a trap for Simon in the lobby, Simon avoids the trap and hits Lewis into it, making him, word for word, Hoist by His Own Petard
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Simon apparently once dressed up as Marilyn Monroe's corpse.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: While playing a Left 4 Dead custom map here Simon falls into a hole and requires assistance to get out, when the zombies become too much Lewis and Hannah leave him and proceed to the safe room while Simon shouts "How could you!?" Lewis replies "It's called Left 4 Dead", Though they do go back and rescue him, eventually.
- Genius Ditz:
- Both Simon and Lewis are actually competent at things when they're not playing computer games. In at least one YoGPoD, they go off on a tangent and start having a conversation about science in the middle of something silly.
- Simon is generally seen as the dumb one, but studied astrophysics (though didn't finish his degree) and often shows a better understanding of science than Lewis.
- Lewis himself had jobs as a freelance science journalist, an organic chemist, and a technology scientist.
- Face-Heel Turn: Zoey, between the fifth and sixth Civ 5 games.
- Fake Ultimate Hero: Pyrion Flax is this in the fourth Civ 5 series, after the others bring him in to counter Lewis. While he initially does quite well for himself, the others, with some prodding from Lewis, decide that they don't want Pyrion winning either and turn on him, allowing Lewis to build up his empire and wipe Pyrion out first.
- Funny Background Event:
- In one of the Mists of Pandaria videos, there is a chat conversation going on about whether Pandas are bears or raccoons.
- In their 4th Garrys Mod series, Ridge and Sips play with a tractor. Everyone except Sips becomes interested with another item, while Sips tries to get the tractor to work, and ends up crushing himself to death with it.
- In an episode of YogNews, Lewis addresses the audience, walking along the main corridor of the office whilst several other Yogscast members carry prop weapons between doorways behind him.
- In a few episodes of Magic Police, Nilesy's actual minecraft character stands still for hours in place of his statue and no one mentions or acknowledges it.
- Fun with Acronyms:
- Simon's anti-robot cruelty society, the Humane Organization of Robotic Social Engineers.
- Also, B.A.R.R.Y the Ballistics Assimilation Research Recon and Yoga initiative in Rythian and Zoey's Tekkit series.
- The prefix 'yogs-' itself comes from the original World of Warcraft guilde, 'Ye Olde Goone Squade'.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!:
- Lewis often replaces "fuckin' 'ell" with "flippin' 'eck", though the former is used quite frequently as well. He also sometimes uses "sugar" in lieu of "shit", commonly accompanied with a drawn-out initial s. Most likely more of an attempt to be cheeky than to actually cut down on swearing.
- On the Worms Reloaded charity livestream on Twitch TV, they try downplaying their swearing with phrases like "For fup's sake" and "Son of a bits!"
- Heterosexual Life-Partners:
- Hit-and-Run Tactics: Their general Minecraft tactics.
- Hollywood Atheist: Lewis is apparently one of these. In one YoGPoD, he started to talk about how religion was bollocks when Simon interrupted him with a speech that every time he goes on a "fucking Dawkins rant" he sounds just as insane as a Christian fundamentalist. Much later, when they met a priest in the Minecraft series, Simon said he was waiting for Lewis to "go all militant atheist" on him, but Lewis declined.
Lewis: No, no don't worry, I worship at the Church of Notch just like everyone else, Simon.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: In part 8 of Magicka, Simon blew himself off a bottomless pit thanks to the ARSE-mines he placed. Later on in the Twitch Livestream on 20th of December, Simon gets blocked on a bridge by one of his own ARSE-mines. Simon (the first time), and TotalBiscuit (the second time) say this word for word.
"Hoisted by my/your own petard!"
- Identical Stranger: A rare Real Life example. It was discussed in the 6th TGS podcast that Jesse Cox and Simon are eerily similar in looks.
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
- Simon tries to one-up himself at how many baaad sheep jokes he can inflict on Lewis in "Cataclysm Easter Egg Sheep Farm".
- More recently from Simon and Lewis' Hack/Mine series, when Simon accidentally blows up a ladder leading to the next bit of the tower.
Simon: "It's coladderal damage!"
- Simon seems to be the more fond of puns of him and Lewis, considering he makes one every chance he gets to.
- Kleptomaniac Hero:
- Taken to almost an art form; the only thing stopping Simon and Lewis from mining out entire buildings for loot in the Minecraft series is a combination of a watchful NPC and their own incompetence.
- Hannah in the Fallout: New Vegas LP. Stealing from the doctor that saves her life, stealing from a chest she's using for cover in a firefight, stealing from a guarded vault, pickpocketing said guards from across the room...
- Large Ham: Simon often does this at the beginning of videos.
- Leit Motif: I'M A DWARF AND I'M DIGGING A HOLE!! DIGGY DIGGY HOLE!! DIGGING A HOLE!! Simon has done several variations of the song depending on the situation, from sleeping to swimming to destroying nether portals, even for non-Minecraft videos. The song was such a leitmotif it got its own music video.
- Let's Play: Sometimes a hybrid with machinima, as with the Yogscast Minecraft Series.
- Line-of-Sight Name: During his interview with Warwick Davis, when asking him "questions from the fans" Simon begins blatantly looking about the room. Then he says the next question is from "Lightbulb Camerastand", followed by one from "Chair Woodenfloor".
- Live Episode: Or rather, live streaming. Their most notable livestreams are the Christmas ones, but individual members tend to do smaller livestreams.
- Man of a Thousand Voices:
- Simon voices nearly every character in the Yogscast Minecraft Series. He also habitually imitates other voices in other videos, such as Boone in the Fallout: New Vegas LP.
- Simon and Lewis admit that this is the main reason why Simon's such a big part of the Yogscast compared to the other members. Paraphrased from a YoGPoD interview, Simon makes funny voices while Lewis does 90% of the work.
- Metaphor Is My Middle Name: While on board the aircraft carrier the USS Hornet for a massive LAN party, Simon told the tale of a boy turned into a plane.
So this is Duncan. His real name is Jet Intake, right? His real name is Jet Intake, but his middle name is "Danger".
- Mixed Metaphor: When playing Civilization 5, "Let's rekindle the winds of trade."
- MS Ting: Yogtrailers, on newly released or soon to be released video game advertisements and promos.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- Name McAdjective: While Lewis rambles about altered maps in World of Warcraft, Simon dismissively goes "Sure thing, Mumbly McWhisperstein".
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Every city that Zoey creates in the sixth game of Civ 5, whilst playing as Russia. Her cities thus far are: Killmaim, Deathstab, Painhurt (captured from Hannah and renamed), Soreache and Suffersting.
- One Steve Limit: Averted thanks to screennames which separate the four Toms that work in the Yogscast, as well as the three Johns.
- Only Sane Man:
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping:
- Simon's Mr. Miyagi voice somehow turning into a stereotypical Jewish accent.
- Simon's occasional lapses into his "Professor Grizwald" voice when narrating.
- Lampshaded in a story Simon told where forgot how he actually spoke in Real Life and yelled out things like orders for food in his Grizwald voice for a couple of weeks. One can only imagine how it must have sounded like.
- Orphaned Series:
- Simon stopped his Portal 2 single player Let's Play because he was tired of getting comments about his inability to solve the puzzles.
- Simon and Lewis' Fable III Co-Op Let's Play crash and burned after Simon got stuck in a tree due to a glitch the developers didn't bother to fix after porting it to the PC. Also resulted in Simon Rage Quiting.
- Overly Long Gag: At the end of Enviro Bear 2000, Simon begins making up a fake URL to download it at. It quickly gets out of hand.
Simon: "...slash start java applet equals question mark forward slash x four seven two three m six seven j capital B capital W hash yolo..."
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Santa Claus looked rather suspicious in Day 1 of the 2011 Christmas Advent Calendar. Especially with his inability to drink with his beard. Same with the goat Lewis interviewed during his Goat Giving Report.
- Perfectly Cromulent Word:
- "Excitingest". It's a word.
- Simon says meece/meeces is the plural of moose, and don't you let anyone ever tell you different! note
- Punny Name: Zoey Proasheck. She's one of the only members whose real surname remains unknown, although there are theories based on a similarly-named Zoey among the Yogscast's Facebook friends.
- Pyro Maniac: Simon.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni:
- Simon is red, eager to cause damage and wreak havoc and clearly the most spirited about this experiment. Lewis is blue, thinking things through sometimes too carefully, and hardly unnerved. During Planetoids in the Minecraft series, while Simon was loudly crying over mobs spawning, at night, left alone, and having died earlier, Lewis ignored him and commented on how the clouds were "causing some trouble for him."
- In part 6 of Simon's Tekkit challenge it becomes a full Chromatic Arrangement. Lewis creates a set of tools out of Ruby (red) for Simon, Sapphire (blue) for himself and Emerald tools for Duncan.
- Red Shirt:
- Subverted in Rythian's XCOM: Enemy Unknown Let's Play. He names an early-game rookie Some Redshirt, expecting her to die in the next few missions. Not only does she survive, she becomes one of the best units on his team. Even earning the nickname "Bad Ass".
- Lewis, in the same playthrough, on the other hand...
- While playing the Deep Space Turtle Chase map, Simon was quick to point out the fact that Lewis was on an alien planet, and wearing a red shirt. Cue the both of them screaming.
- Refuge in Audacity: Simon walking around on a US aircraft carrier, wearing a hat he'd stolen from the Captain's quarters.
- Refuge in Vulgarity: "Carrot for a Cock" is basically a four minute long penis joke. Given how it was penned by Sparkles*, Simon, Turps and Hat Films, this isn't particularly surprising.
- Running Gag:
- Throughout the entire Yogscast, the Diggy Diggy Hole Song and its many spinoffs.
- Ditto for Simon spontaneously breaking out into his trademark "Professor Grizwald" voice.
- "Noooo Bill it's not your time!" during The Sacrifice campaign of Left 4 Dead 2. Doubly funny because the crew had played The Passing campaign first.
- Lewis demonstrates a very unusual game, and Simon comments on how he doesn't seem to realize how weird it is.
- The washing machine heard in the background of Hannah's L.A. Noire Let's Play. Especially egregious because of how even Simon and Lewis, who just happen to be in the background of Hannah's playthrough, complain about the damn machine.
- The word "Spacker". Mentioned multiple times in The YoGPoD as a made-up nickname for an illegal substance, and is the name of a character in Shadow Of Israphel.
- Simon and Lewis' love of Tina Barrett. Especially prevelant in The YoGPoD, where they mention that they regularly check her MySpace.
- For copyright reasons, all songs must be out of tune.
- Similarly, Sjin likes to call Rythian's character Pontius in their Trine 2 playthrough "Fatty" or "Pie Lord".
- The frequent mentions to the fact that Zoey can't read or write during the sixth season of Civ V.
- People starting to call Rythian "Crybabia" in Civ games due to the fact that when he played as Arabia, they had to restart the game because he wasn't satisfied with his start location. This somewhat insulting nickname was only further established after Rythian was dissatisfied with his start location yet again, whilst playing as Venice in their next game, wandering around with his settler for tens of turns and getting it captured by barbarians countless times.
- Shout-Out: Simon yelling Oliver!! whilst playing Dead Island.
- Sophisticated as Hell: During Simon and Lewis' Portal 2 co-op, seen here.
Simon: I know, I know. You don't need to fling yourself, you just need to be moving really quickly, because momentum is conserved...
Simon: And the way to do that is to make sure that there's loads of fucking gel everywhere.
- Sound Effect Bleep: In Lewis and Simon's The Lord of the Rings Online review, Simon's potentially slanderous comments about Turbine's CEO is censored.
- Spot of Tea: This is one of Lewis' favorite drinks.
- Squee: Simon, on occasion. For example, his reaction to kittens.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Simon and Lewis make great use of this during to cover some of their... less heroic actions - with good intentions and mild (at most) consequences, of course!
- Simon is the master of this in his and Lewis' Tekkit playthrough.
Yeah, we're fine, we're fine! There's nothing to worry about, everyone! It's not as though the whole project and everything we've built and worked towards is at stake!
Simon: No, no, not at all! Everything's going really well. Um, y'know, I've got tons of pigs there now, I'm gonna, like, have them breed and there's gonna be tons, tons more, uh, there's absolutely nothing under my bed, there's no giant thing telling me to do things, the pigs are really happy, they're living such a beautiful, amazing life...
- Take That, Audience!: A few reasons why the comments were disabled on the main channel were shown in this video here. Given the Fan Dumb it's rather justified.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Simon LOVES his Jaffa Cakes. So much, that he even made the main objective in the Tekkit playthrough to build a fully automated Jaffa Cake factory (Retextured Cookies)
- Verbal Tic: "The thing is..." While it seems that Lewis says this phrase most often, both Simon and Hannah use it, as infamously pointed out by a fan who edited together several minutes of them saying the phrase without consciously knowing it in a YoGPoD.
- Sips's "That's Fantastic."
- Waxing Lyrical: While closing off the World of Warcraft archaeology video, Simon says "I believe in angels. Something good in everyone I see. And I also believe that I can fly. That I can touch the sky".
- Wimp Fight: In a video where Simon and Hannah are trying out Total Miner, Hannah comes across a Giant Spider in an underground cavern, and she constantly tries to attack it with her pickaxe while she's way too far to actually hit anything. Even when she gets up close enough that the spider takes up the entire game screen, she still can't attack it and is too terrified to get closer to see if the pickaxe can even be used to attack spiders.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: The "yogs" part of the name stands for "Ye Olde Goone Squade", the name of their WoW guild when they started making videos.