"So, what's your favorite performance in a cartoon, or video game?"
"Phil LaMarr, as everyone ever."Remember Marvin? Apparently he's still alive and is doing voice-acting now.One of the original cast members on the sketch comedy series MADtv (along with fellow voice actors, David Herman and Nicole Sullivannote ), Phil LaMarr (January 24, 1967-) is also known for his voice acting on the animated series Futurama as Hermes Conrad and about a million minor recurring characters and background voices, Static Shock as Virgil "Static" Hawkins, the title character of Samurai Jack, Hector Con Carne in Evil Con Carne, Judge Brown and Blaccu-Weather meteorologist Ollie Williams in Family Guy, Green Lantern John Stewart in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, Wilt in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Carver Descartes in The Weekenders, Reddas in Final Fantasy XII, Jazz in Transformers Animated, and Vamp in Metal Gear Solid 2 & 4. And according to one source "Evil Barack Obama" in Make My Video C+C Music Factory. He replaced Chris Rock's role, Osmosis Jones, from the film for the short-lived television series Ozzy and Drix. He also had a minor role in Pulp Fiction, playing the character who was the Trope Namer for I Just Shot Marvin in the Face.He has a very versatile voice range.On MADtv, his most popular recurring characters included Desperation Lee (a Dirty Old Man who hosted a 1970s public access show called Funky Walker, Dirty Talker), Jaq (an over-enthusiastic delivery man for UPS expy UBS with a surfer dude accent), Savante (an R&B singer with more sex appeal than talent), and Rick (a Casanova Wannabe). His celebrity impressions on the show included Prince, Moe Howard (on a Three Stooges parody that had Moe, Larry, and Curly as drug dealing gangstersnote ), Spike Lee, Chris Rock, Sherman Helmsley (as George Jefferson from The Jeffersons), Bill Maher (in so much white make-up that no one knew it was him), Billy Crystal (also in so much white make-up that it's impossible to tell it's him)note , Chris Tucker, Michael Jackson, and Louis Farrakhan.
Phil LaMarr's roles include:
- Marvin from Pulp Fiction
- The title character of Samurai Jack
- Hermes Conrad, Preacherbot, Ethan "Bubblegum" Tate, Dwight Conrad (whenever Bumper Robinson is unavailable), and various others from Futurama
- Wilt, Jackie Khones, and Red from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
- Green Lantern John Stewart from Justice League and Justice League Unlimited
- Virgil "Static" Hawkins from Static Shock
- Vamp in Metal Gear Solid 2 & 4
- Ollie Williams and Judge Brown from Family Guy
- Dracula, Irwin's Granmama, Irwin's Dad, and Judge Roy Spleen from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
- Hector Con Carne from Evil Con Carne
- Carver Descartes from The Weekenders
- Reddas from Final Fantasy XII
- Osmosis Jones in Ozzy and Drix
- Jazz from Transformers Animated
- Virgil "Bull" Sharkowski, Phineas Porpoise, and Endugu Elephant from My Gym Partner's a Monkey
- Kotal Kahn from Mortal Kombat X
- Jamie-O Johansen from Hey Arnold!
- Numbuh Infinity from Codename: Kids Next Door
- Philly Phil from Class of 3000
- Bail Organa in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. Kit Fisto in the former too.
- Baxter Stockman in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012)
- Gambit and Bolivar Trask in Wolverine and the X-Men
- Kirk Langstrom in Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts
- Flurr, Chomly, and Tentro from Mixels