Don't fuck with Mara Wilson!Mara Wilson (born in 1987) is a former child actress who was in several films in The '90s (best known as the title character in the feature film adaptation of Roald Dahl's Matilda), but decided to leave when she realized "film acting is not very fun", in her own words.She still works in entertainment, but as a playwright after graduating from NYU. She also writes a blog, "Mara Wilson Writes Stuff", to which she often posts humorous stories and the like. Her Twitter feed is similarly humorous. She's also written for Cracked.She has also done guest spots on That Guy with the Glasses, revealing that she has unholy powers that she will use to punish those who blindly mock her. According to Linkara, she obtained these powers from God Himself.She also has a recurring role on Welcome to Night Vale as The Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home.Evidently, she's well aware of the existence of TV Tropes, too, mentioning Artistic License – Physics (back when it was known as You Fail Physics Forever) and Cloud Cuckoolander, as well as a tendency to check this page. (Hi, Mara! We're happy you exist!)In September 2016 she released her first book Where Am I Now?: True Stories of Girlhood and Accidental Fame
- Adam Westing: An Inverted Trope variation. Usually, when an actor engages in this they're playing a Cloud Cuckoo Lander variation of themselves. Mara Wilson's idea (at least when it comes to Channel Awesome) of this is to WIELD UNHOLY POWERS FROM BEYOND OUR REALM!!
- Ascended Fangirl Starred as a waitress as a background character in an episode of Broad City.
- Big Applesauce: Was a native of California, but as of 2015 lives in New York City; she is a graduate of NYU. Her spoken-word and comedy shows (notably What Are You Afraid Of?) are held at NYC nightclubs, her play Sheeple enjoyed a run there, and she often tweets and blogs about her experiences in the city.
- Clark Kenting: In the Nostalgia Chick's Matilda review. Disguised with her hair in a bun and a thick pair of glasses.
- Converted Fangirl: Once convinced that Doug was an asshole because of awful fans of his harassing her, now practically an honorary Channel Awesome member and good friends with both him and Lindsay.
- The Dreaded: When she shows up in Channel Awesome content, she generally appears as this.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Her internet persona may be an evil revenge-hungry she-demon, but she doesn't hate kids.
- She Is All Grown Up: She jokes about how her figure filling out from puberty tends to throw people a bit.Nella: Holy shit, Matilda! You've got a great rack!
- Ship Tease: Not above giving "the slash-ficcers more material" (her words) though you really need Shipping Goggles to see it.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Her getting typecast into these kinds of roles (and consequently people tending to assume she was actually that nauseatingly precocious in real life) is what got her to quit acting.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: She expressed horror on her Twitter page when a newspaper mentioned in summer 2013 that fans of the Matilda musical (which not long before won multiple Tony awards) staged nearby in New York City would love to see Mara's play, Sheeple at a nearby venue purely based on the fact that she played Matilda Wormwood in the 1996 movie version. As she often stresses, Sheeple is most definitely not for kids.
- Batman Beyond (the episode "Mind Games")
- Miracle on 34th Street (the 1994 remake)
- A Simple Wish
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- The Nostalgia Critic (the review of A Simple Wish)
- Demo Reel (the episode "Lost In Translation (Bromance Version)")
- Shut Up and Talk (guest of first episode)
- The Nostalgia Chick (the review of Matilda. Nostalgic Foods, and she also apparently helped out with the Charlie's Angels review.
- Welcome to Night Vale: Recurring as The Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home.