Creator: Kate Winslet
Kate Elizabeth Winslet, CBE is a British actress, born October 5, 1975, best known for playing English Rose types, for being naked in almost every role she's done and being snubbed at the Oscars (until 2008). She first appeared in Heavenly Creatures (directed by Peter Jackson), went on to star in the 1995 version of Sense and Sensibility, Titanic (1997), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Little Children, and The Reader. She won her Oscar for her role in The Reader and an Emmy for playing Mildred Pierce.She was married to director Sam Mendes between 2003-2010.
- And Starring: She's credited this way in the opening credits of Divergent.
- English Rose: As stated above, she plays these a lot because she has the classic naturally beautiful looks.
- Ms. Fanservice: Respectable as she may be, one can expect Ms. Winslet to disrobe for a role more often than not. This gave her quite a few mentions in Seth Macfarlane's controversial Oscars 2013 song "We Saw Your Boobs".
- Old Shame: Despite its enormous success, she does not look back on her Titanic experience fondly, noting how difficult working with James Cameron was. When she watched the movie for the first time in 15 years at the premiere of the 3D re-release, Kate thought her performance and accent were cringe-worthy and that it was like watching an old home video of herself.
- What Could Have Been: She was the producers' first choice for the role of River Song from Doctor Who.
Roles Of Note:
- Heavenly Creatures (1994)
- A Kid in King Arthur's Court (1995)
- Jude (1996)
- Titanic (1997)
- Quills (2000)
- The Life of David Gale (2003)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
- Finding Neverland (2004)
- Little Children (2006)
- Flushed Away (2006) (voice)
- The Holiday (2006)
- The Reader (2008)
- Revolutionary Road (2008)
- Mildred Pierce (2011) (TV film)
- Contagion (2011)
- Carnage (2011)
- Movie 43 (2013)
- Divergent (2014)
- The Divergent Series: Insurgent (2015)