Comic Book: Cartoon Network Super Secret Crisis War
Following the traditions of other comic book crossovers, IDW Publishing plans to utilize their recently licensed classic Cartoon Network properties by gathering together the characters from their best show into a 6 issue mini-series Crisis Crossover. Shows included are Samurai Jack, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, and Ben 10: Omniverse.The story concerns Jack’s archenemy Aku gathering together Vilgax, Mojo Jojo and Mandark from their respective worlds to form a League of Extraordinary Villains in an attempt to conquer the Multiverse. Together they then proceed to build a large army of robot mechas to invade their own worlds and capture their rival and bring them back to their space station (Ed, Edd and Eddy are taken by mistake). The heroes are then forced to team up with each other in order to thwart the villains’ plans and return to their own worlds.Beginning in June 2014, Super Secret Crisis War will span 6 issues written by Louise Simonson with the addition of 6 one-shots. The one-shots will concern other Cartoon Network worlds the villains try to invade and will include two page back stories to the main comics. They include Johnny Bravo, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Cow and Chicken, and Codename: Kids Next Door.Not to be confused with similar crossover, Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion.
- Action Survivor: Writer Louise Simonson has stated the Eds' status as being this since they're the only characters out of the group that don't possess anything special other than Cartoon Physics.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Gee do you think four villains working together would be willing to share their spoils?
- Cross Over
- Deal with the Devil: Chicken nearly does this with Red Guy to get rid of one of Aku's robots in the Cow and Chicken one-shot, only for said robot (who short-circuited getting wet with coffee) to attack after its systems become back online.Red Guy: Seriously?! You couldn't wait 5 more seconds?!
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Ben 10 and Ed, Edd, and Eddy fulfill these tropes in different ways. Ben is the only protagonist whose show was still airing new episodes at the time and is not part of the Cartoon Cartoon block. Ed, Edd, and Eddy are the only protagonists without any combat abilities.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Aku and Vilgax mistakenly sending Dynamo into the Eds' world when their robot mooks spill their drinks on the control panel. Though they are not seen as a threat, they eventually play an important part in bringing down their plans.
- Mojo Jojo's Heel-Face Turn was partly motivated by how the other villains didn't take him seriously. Aku points out that he had expected Mandark to betray the villains first since he had tricked him into almost destroying his own world.
- Aku and Vilgax both blame each other for this during their fight in the climax. Vilgax blames Aku for his over-zealous antics, while Aku points out how he complained so much.
- Precision D-Strike: On the Cow and Chicken one-shot:Chicken: ...Damn...Red Guy: You Rang?
- Robot Me: The cover of Issue #3 shows off evil robot duplicates of all the main heroes minus the Eds. The Villains intend to use these duplicates to conquer more worlds.
- Magitek: All of Aku's robot and his space station function as this. Each robot is powered by an Oni Spirit.
- Shared Universe: Averted. Each show is split up into its own dimension as oppose to Cartoon Network's usual Cross Through.
- Shout-Out: The title, to the various crossover events of comics history, such as Crisis on Infinite Earths and Secret Wars.
- Spanner in the Works: Ed, Edd n Eddy and Mojo Jojo after his Face-Heel Turn.
Aku: Not the super powered Heroes that are the templates for our army, but we might as well conquer their world, too.Vilgax: Judging by their level of technology, it should take about five minutes.
- The villains are quick to point out how much the Eds are not much a threat as Heroes.
- Unsound Effect: Twice on the Cow and Chicken one-shot: "CWUSHING EMBWACE OF FWIENDSHIP" and "SIBWING WOVE" at the end.
- Villain Team-Up: In usual crossover tradition.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: As the Johnny Bravo one-shot shows, Aku is planning this on his comrades. Later one-shots shows that the other villains plan to do this as well.