Characters: The Aethion Expanded Multiverse
The Cipher Chronicles details dozens of character, both those invented by the authors and those fans entered into contests and won.
open/close all folders
A team put together to figure out how to stop the Olmak Effect from causing The End of the World as We Know It
. Most of the members of Team Cipher where Mindtouched by the Presence, who gave them the idea of merging the forty-two pieces of the Olmak
The main character of the Cipher Chronicles, Kyn is an Av-Matoran who works as a demolitions contractor on Promathus. In fact, he is the
demolitions contractor for the various corporations of the Industrial planet, a position that has made him very rich. Kyn is an expert in demolitions and creating explosive compounds. He is a native of Clysmax.Kyn was at one point Arrik Xell, the champion of the Titanheart Clan on Barrawahi. He fled the planet after an incident that Kyn himself does not remember clearly, but it involves some treachery he may or may not have committed. Before the formation of Team Cipher, Kyn had dedicated his life to figuring out if he is innocent or not.Hanashi
A Toa of Lightning reporter from Alarist. Hanashi is well known for her investigative journalism (using her mask of Astral Projection
to spy out sources), habit of nicknaming mysterious figures she reports on, and a secret technique she developed to interface with technology to a limited degree.Bajnok
"If you refer to the 50 Toa and Glatorian army who came at me with solid Protosteel weapons and a fully armored Kane-Ra, yeah, I took care of them."
A Skakdi champion of the Red Skull clan on Barrawahi, Bajnok is one of the most feared and ruthless warriors on Warzone. His signature weapon is a bi-bladed staff that can disintegrate beings if they are hit by the tip.M'konglii
A Jungle Glatorian from Atohune, M'konglii is a farmer and trader. He one of the few natives of Tribal that understands the correlation between bringing the Totems together and the frequency of Olmak effects. His tribe's leader, Turaga Xata, sends him on mysterious missions across the planet, but M'konglii seems to be hiding things even from him.
- Badass Normal Possibly subverted. Most Glatorian are powerless on their own, but M'konglii demonstrates some sort of teleportatoin ability. Whether or not this is an actual subversion will depend on whether this is revealed to be his own power or some device.
- Dual Wielding: Uses twin scimitars with leaf-like decorating on the inside curve (these serve a practical purpose: they are somewhat flexible, enough to snap around an opponent's sword).
- Double Reverse Quadruple Agent: It's unknown if his ultimate allegiance is to Xata, Revolution, Team Cipher, himself, or some other faction.
- In-Series Nickname: Mik. Pronouncing an apostrophe is just as hard for them as it is for the readers.
- Mysterious Past
- Punctuation Shaker
- Spy Speak: Many of his conversations with Xata are composed of this.
A Toa of Magnetism hacker from Izumal, Artakha, like his partner, was not himself Mindtouched, but sent to join Team Cipher by the leader of Izumal's hackers, Revolution. Artakha has more of moral code than his friend Karzahni. Their contrasting ideologies are one of the main reasons they chose their code names.Kharzahni
A Toa of Plasma hacker, Kharzahni is the other Toa Revolution sent to be part of Team Cipher. He is a more questionable character than Artahka.Zuruk
Zuruk is a Toa of Ice who claims to have visited Enigma and brought back some of their technology. Formerly a nobody Gadget attachment designer, Zuruk convinced the people of Atohune to bring their six totems to the same location, an action many claim creates an Olmak Effect that teleports anyone inside to the eighth planet. Zuruk claims to have returned, although will not say how, with a number of devices that he has begun mass-producing and marketing as Enigma technology. Zuruk actually claims to be native of Enigma; he was teleported to Promathus through an Olmak Effect, with no memory of his former life, and no one reported him missing at the time. He also claims that he received confirmation of his origins on Enigma.Khiri
A Water Agori former slave from Tanuuk, Khiri managed to escape after her home was destroyed in a Deathwing bombing. She became an integral part of the slave underground, coming up with their main hideout inside the Obsidian Mountain itself (an enormous monument built on King Taa's orders).
The most notorious and skilled hacker on Izumal, Revolution has caused more trouble for the City than anyone else. No one knows what he looks like; he has never appeared in person. His sigil is a "V"; he tends to create one out of nanites near sights of his hacking activity. He is the leader of Regno di Baraonda, the largest hacker group on Enlightened.Turaga Xata
Hear me, Ko-Clysmax? Come and get me.
The leader of M'konglii's tribe, Turga Xata is as mysterious as the Glatorian himself. As a Toa, he observed Toa Jehry go nova in the giant Olmak Effect within Clysmax's core, forming the Coldstone and causing the Shattering (and saving the rest of the planet from being completely destroyed). He kept this knowledge to himself, allowing the other fragments to blame Ice for the Shattering.
- Extra Ore Dinary: As a Turaga, his powers are now limited to making small objects like tools or artwork.
- Spy Speak: He gives his orders to M'konglii in codewords, and Mik gives his reports the same way.
Operatives of the mysterious Izumali government, Agents are encased in extremely powerful nanite suits. They appear on different worlds without using the Olmak Totems, and their actions make little sense to anyone else.In General
VisorFlowerBrute Merx See below for tropes pertaining to Merx before he became an AgentGears
- Ambiguously Evil: While no one knows their true motives, and they ensure that no one is killed by their actions, Agents are still extremely ruthless and destructive. The Izumali council also opposes merging the Olmak, for unknown reasons.
- Brought Down to Badass: Stick and Stones demonstrates that even stripped of their nanite suits, Agents are some of the deadliest fighters around.
- Combo Platter Powers:
- Elemental Powers: Possess every single elemental power in the Multiverse. Fortunately for everyone else, he isn't very creative with their use (although, at one point Kyn recollects how he did manage to create a very powerful explosive out of his Fire and Iron powers).
- Non-Indicative Name: Unlike most mechanical beings in BIONICLE proper and Aethion, Gears is not a Clockwork Creature and (probably) has no actual gears. Hanashi gave him the name.
- Superpower Lottery
- Evil Overlord
- The Faceless: Hides behind a wall of one-way glass.
- Kick the Dog: Enjoys bombing escaped slave villages or even communities of his own slaves with his Deathwing (This is something the Dukes do for fun too, but Taa apparently loves it the most).
Duke KleDuke Mboko
- The Generic Guy: Off all the Dukes, is described simply as a fairly normal Tyrant.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Punishes his slaves more severely than any other Duke, sometimes just because he suspects they might have committed some infraction.
- Make An Exampleof Them: Unlike the other Tyrants, he doesn't kill/bomb his own slaves because it's fun, but because he thinks it is the most efficient way of continuing the Tyrants' rule.
- The Stoic
- Axe Crazy
- Blessed with Suck: Is one of the six most powerful beings on his planet, and owns one of the most valuable objects in the Multiverse: One of the totems that are the only way to safely travel from one planet to another. The problem is, Mokuun's leads to a planet full of Lawful Good guys who would arrest any Tyrant that tried to go through. Mokuun's totem is the number one target for slave escape attempts on Tanuuk.
- The Caligula
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Occupies his time torturing the slaves under his rule, and tends walk to through the work areas with a whip more than the actual overseers.
- Hell Hole Prison: His capital city is the largest penal colony on Tanuuk (Slaves sent to Tanuuki penal colonies are forced to live in furnace-like enclosed metal chambers, are whipped daily to remind them of their crimes and again for any infraction they committed while there, and work twenty-hour days).
- Meaningful Name: As mentioned above, he likes torturing people.
- Punctuation Shaker
A Toa of Mercury who works as a bounty hunter on Tanuuk, tracking down escaped slaves.King Iuksho
: "You want to have credit for saving the entire planet
. You want a reason to justify why... the rich lands beyond should want to live under your banner."
Iuksho: "I do not hide my agenda
. This is what I believe, and nobody says it better than you."
The first Ice King, it was Iuksho that first united the Ice Region (later the Ice Fragment) of Clysmax. Although he wanted to make the entire planet subservient to him, he was willing to do so by means other than direct conquest.Avsa-Ka
"THE HUNGER! THE HUNGER CONTROLS ME!"
Kalek was a seemingly regular scientist on Alarist when a rouge Rahkshi attacked him, damaging his head. He lashed out at everyone around him, then fled into hiding. Years later, he emerged, mutated by Hordika venom, as the serial killer Avsa Ka.
Merge the Olmak
A mysterious entity that has at various points in Aethion's history communicated with beings by Mindtouching them, implanting ideas in their heads. He/She/It gave Team Cipher the idea of merging the forty-two segments of the Olmak together.
- Telepathy: Has only communicated to people so far by "Mindtouching" them.