Characters: Still Waters 3 Other Races
Go back to the Still Waters Series Main Page
Go back to the Still Waters Series character pages
open/close all folders
Elves In General
- Older Than They Look: Elves look the proper age to other elves, but to shorter lived races...
- Pointy Ears
- Sacred Language: The 'Old Tongue', spoken only by the elders and certain others; it sounds more like singing than actual speech, and is somehow immune to translation spells.
- Super Senses: Specifically, super hearing.
Grand Elder Saere
An ancient elf in the final years of his life, he was once a great warrior who could defeat demons in one on one combat.
- Dented Iron: Centuries of warfare have taken their toll on his body.
- Retired Badass
- Underestimating Badassery: He starts out like this, but Chisame soon convinces him to take Fate as a serious threat. Whether he understood just how serious a threat Fate was after that is up for discussion.
- You Shall Not Pass: He pulls this against Fate, hoping to keep him from catching up to Trista and the elves under her as they guide Chisame to the coast.
A young female elf who proved to be of great importance in the Misora arc of Book 1.
Demons In General
Demon Queen Kelory Omeris
The young demon who, five years ago, seized power from the previous Demon King.
- Cute Monster Girl: Of the Demon variety.
- In the Hood: This is how she disguises herself when she asks her adviser to take her to one of her rival's speeches.
Kelory's Unnamed Adviser
The mysterious hooded man who accompanies Kelory as her adviser.
Kelory's primary opponent, he wants the title of Demon King for himself.
Youkai in general
- Little Bit Beastly: All youkai, in their normal forms, fit this. Some have the ability to hide their ears and tail, however.
- Older Than They Look: Full blooded youkai can live for centuries and remain youthful; half youkai, on the other hand, have no regular lifespan.
- Species Loyalty: This seems to be a common aspect of youkai in general.
- Super Senses: Generally smell and hearing, though the specific senses depend on the type of youkai.
- Super Toughness: All youkai are tough; it's a species trait.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: This is a skill most youkai gain as they get older. There tend to be three variations: human mode, where they could for a regular human, youkai mode, which ranges from animal ears and a tail to fur, fangs, and claws, and animal mode, in which they became an oversized, exaggerated example of the animal their tribe is based on. Animal mode is generally their most powerful mode, in which all their power is freed and their true nature takes over.
Gold Fox Tribe
A promising member of the Gold Fox tribe, he is aiming to become the next king of the youkai.
- Arch-Nemesis: Of Miyoshi Youko.
- Berserk Button: He has quite a few: his old rival Miyoshi Youko, insulting his looks, questioning anything he decides to do...
- Blond Guys Are Evil: No so much "evil" as "huge jerks".
- Cool Sword: It's not the one he thinks it is, but it is jewel-encrusted and quite well made.
- Cultured Badass: He is quite cultured, and though it may not seem like it at first, he is definitely a badass; not only did he escape from a cell in the middle of the main Shinmeiryu compound, he also took the time to find their storeroom and steal a valuable artifact before he left.
- Fantastic Racism: He loathes the oni, and isn't very fond of humans, either.
- It's Personal: Against Youko, and now Haru.
- Jack of All Stats
- Manipulative Bastard: He has no problems messing with people to get them to do what he wants them to do.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: He always tries to be impeccably dressed, at least by the standards of the Gold Fox tribe, and is not above using a priceless artifact of immense cultural value and magical power that just happens to be in the form of a mirror to make sure his hair is just right.
- Knight Templar: He may be a pompous jerk, but he firmly believes in the rightness of his cause.
- Moral Myopia
- Rapunzel Hair
- The Resenter: He has a real problem with Miyoshi Youko, from her parentage to everything she does.
- Smug Snake
- The Social Darwinist: Type 3
- Teleportation: He seems able to move between Earth and the magic world without going through the normal methods. Word of God says he does this through the use of the sacred mirror he stole from a rival clan.
- Visionary Villain
A young member of the Gold Fox tribe.
- Horrible Judge of Character: He idolizes Masashi, of all people. He does seem to be getting better, though; after meeting his first oni, Kondo Kai, he quickly realized they weren't the stupid, mindless brutes Masashi claims they are, and is starting to question other things Masashi's said.
- Interspecies Romance: Possible with Kondo Kai.
- Jack of All Stats
- Nice Guy: He doesn't seem like it at first, but he later attacks a gang that was bothering Kai, gets beat up horribly, and throws himself to the ground, apologizing for what he had done to Kai earlier.
- Nice Hat: Since the Youkai Festival, he's taken to wearing the beret that Kai gave him.
- Sacred First Kiss: He stole Kondo Kai's first kiss without even meaning to.
- Unskilled, but Strong: As seen in the Youkai Festival chapter in Book 2, his power rating is very, very high compared to other youkai of his age. Nevertheless, he still gets beaten up by a group of punks when he tries to save Kondo Kai from them.
Red Fox Tribe
A member of the Red Fox tribe, he is well known as a powerful fighter. Currently working for Masashi as a bodyguard, and took part in the tournament at the Mahora festival.
Black Fox Tribe
Older brother to Onyx, he is a perpetual wanderer and occasional mercenary or hired thug. A member of the Black Fox tribe.
- Bounty Hunter
- Interspecies Romance: He seems quite taken with Konoka.
- Jack of All Stats
- Nerves of Steel: He knows telling Masashi he couldn't do the job he was hired to do is dangerous; he does it anyway, and even makes a good showing in the dozen-on-two fight that immediately breaks out afterward.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue Oni to his younger brother Onyx. As the older brother, he is serious, focused on his job, and an all around dependable hired gun.
- Sibling Team: With his brother Onyx
Younger brother to Morrison, he has followed his brother's example and become a wanderer. A member of the Black Fox tribe.
- Bounty Hunter
- Glass Cannon
- Magic Knight: He carries a sword, but prefers magic.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red Oni to his older brother Morrison. As the younger brother, he is more relaxed, prone to girl watching, and is mostly in the wandering mercenary business in order to avoid getting a real job.
- Sibling Team: With his brother Morrison
A member of the vast, unimportant Cat tribe, and Ryoko's older brother.
A member of the vast, unimportant Cat tribe, and Kichirou's younger sister.
The current Steward of the Youkai in the absense of the king, he is respected by all for his power and wisdom.
Oni In General
An out of work dockworker in the oni port town of Rudaux, he seems like he's just a regular guy when he speaks with Misora.