Characters: Still Waters 3 Other Characters
Go back to the Still Waters Series Main Page
Go back to the Still Waters Series character pages
open/close all folders
Elementals are rare individuals, almost always human, who can cast magic of a particular element without incantations, planning, or even having anything but a vague idea of what they want the magic to do. Those with enough experience to know what they're doing are incredibly dangerous, though they can be defeated by someone who prepared for the fight ahead of time. For Max Linell the Fire Elemental see the "Teachers And Staff" folder; for Okochi Akira the Water Elemental and Murakami Natsumi the Queen of Light, see the "The Old Class" folder. For Ruden the King of Earth and Ava Grace the Water Elemental, see the "Misora's Group In Book 1" folder.
General Tropes For All Elementals
- Person of Mass Destruction: All elementals are considered to be this to one degree or another, though water elementals suffer from it the most.
These are the strongest of the elementals, chosen by their predecessors to lead weaker elementals of the same element.
- Legacy Character: This is how the Elemental Kings are seen by the few who know the truth of how they operate. Every Elemental King of the past was a hero in their own time who eventually died, only to wait around for the next Elemental King of their element to be born, mature, and become worthy of the title, after which they can finally pass on to Whatever Comes Next.
Guy Sculler, Elemental King of Wind
- Blow You Away: His elemental power is wind.
- Divine Intervention: in the intro to Still Waters 3, Book 1, it is revealed that the then-Elemental Queen of Light removed his soul from his body in the instant before his death, saving his life, though not his body; it is implied that this is not approved of. He was last seen on some strange elemental plane.
- Expy: He looks a lot like Dante from Devil May Cry.
- Naked on Revival: This is how he wakes up after the former Elemental Queen of Light saves his life.
- Razor Wind
Former Elemental Queen of Earth
She appeared to Ruden at the end of the Misora arc, where it is revealed she's stayed around him all his life. She gave up her position to Ruden at the end of Misora's arc in Book 1 of Still Waters 3
. Doesn't appear to have a physical body.
Former Elemental Queen of Light
She first appeared in the side story The Queen of Light
, and later appeared briefly in Still Waters 3. She gave up her position to Natsumi at the end of The Queen of Light
. Doesn't appear to have a physical body.
These characters are elementals who were not strong enough to be chosen as Elemental Kings. Any elemental is worth a dozen regular mages, however, so each one is still a serious threat.
A mysterious swordswoman and light elemental, she was sent to find the "Queen of Light", Murakami Natsumi, by none other than the Great Vampire Lord Sir Alexander Stratos.
- Action Girl
- Anti-Hero: She's a Type 4.
- The Champion: For Natsumi.
- Cool Sword
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: During a fight at the Youkai Festival in Book 2, Linda is up against another highly skilled swordswoman. She ends up impaled by the woman's sword, but manages to grab the woman's hand, pull herself up the blade, and punch her in the face several times until the opponent managed to block a hit, only to receive a headbutt for her trouble.
- Establishing Character Moment: Her introduction involves ambushing Kotarou, who was caught so off guard that only Natsumi's quick intervention kept him from getting grievously injured. It was a Secret Test of Character on Linda's part; when she is defeated moments later, she immediately swears to serve Natsumi.
- Fights Like a Normal: She is a light elemental, but she prefers to use a sword rather than magic.
- Good Is Not Nice: She may be on Natsumi's side, but when her suggestion on how to deal with a potential enemy involves a quick assassination, you can tell she's not a very nice person.
- Healing Factor: She heals quickly due to her abilities as a light elemental.
- Implausible Fencing Powers
- Laser Blade: She can use her magic to create one of these; it is described as looking a lot like a light saber.
- Light 'em Up: She is a light elemental
- Lightning Bruiser: Her status as a light elemental gives her a minor form of regeneration, allowing her to recover from injuries or power through them far more easily than the average combatant.
- Magic Knight
- Murder Is the Best Solution: When she, Natsumi, and Kotarou start talking about Masashi and the problems he's causing among the youkai, the first thing she does is casually suggest murdering him.
- Mysterious Past
- Rapunzel Hair
A young fire elemental from the city of Vulcan, in Mundus Magicus; he seems to have developed a friendship with Anya.
Misora's Group in Book 1
An attractive, innocent-seeming woman picked up along the way during Misora's travels, she is capable of great violence.
- Battle Couple: With Ruden
- Berserk Button: You know that big, tough looking guy she travels with? Yeah...just stay away from him. God help you if you actually manage to hurt him.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet, but she's often used her magic to rip people apart.
- Big Fancy House: She lived in one for a long time after her parents died.
- Dark Magical Girl: Much older than most examples of this trope.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: She had quite an empty life, always feeling to need to find something or someone she didn't even know. As seen during the festival arc in book 2, she finally found it in the form of Okochi Akira, the strongest water elemental.
- Glass Cannon
- In the Hood: She wears a ragged, hooded robe in her travels across Europe and Asia to reach Japan.
- King Incognito: She is one of the last remaining members of one of the original royals families of Mundus Magicus.
- Making a Splash: Her magic is all water based, mostly used to attack.
- Meaningful Name
- One Woman Army: Her powers allow her to take on large amounts of people at once.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents are both dead.
- Person of Mass Destruction: While all elementals are considered this, water elementals in particular are feared because of their ability to manipulate the human body. Ava has shown willingness to do this several times.
A mysterious young man with some dark secrets. Assigned to Misora by agents of the Church in Mundus Magicus, he is competent at almost everything.
A huge man of tremendous strength, he is not the sort of guy to take lightly.
A lively young woman who was accidentally separated from her archaeologist father, she bumped into Misora a fairly short time ago. From Love Hina
A mysterious woman who is much older than she looks. What is her connection to the demons...?
Sir Robert The Dragonslayer
A famous hero who is past his prime, he wishes to atone for his sins.
Fate's Group in Book 1
A demon and longtime friend of Fate.
A mysterious shadow mage; what is he hiding?
- Casting a Shadow: His magic is shadow based.
- Cool Mask: He wears one at all times, though apparently it is for protection rather than just to look cool. When it was cracked in combat, the sunlight shining through the cracks burned his skin.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite being a member of a group including murderers, evil vampires, and demons, he's not evil.
- One-Man Army
- Person of Mass Destruction
Somewhat psychotic, he's a mercenary for hire in it for the violence. He works for Tregani Mullin.
A natural swordsman, he was often called a genius growing up. Currently works as a mercenary for Tregani Mullin.
One of the very few that can keep the dangerously violent Raddyn under control, he is a mercenary who has worked with Fate before.
Magic World Characters
A prominent politician in the Megalomesembrian Senate, he is working hard to create a lasting peace in the world.
The mysterious man giving Fate his orders, little is known about him beyond his appearance, his strange ability to manipulate everyone around him, and the fact that Fate finds him strangely unsettling to be around. A highly powerful member of the Megalomesembrian Senate.
Another mysterious man, all that is known of him is that he is the one who gave Scarlet her body.
The mayor of Aris, a major port city in Elysium.
- Corrupt Politician
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Local mafia trying to scam you? Sent your assistant's head to you without the rest of his body when you sent him to warn them to stop? Have people murder ten women related to the mafia boss and send their heads back the same way! Problem solved!
Proprietor of a popular tavern in Hecates, he is instantly recognizable by the small tuft of black hair on the very top of his head.
Leader of the Hecatean Mafia, he frequently clashes with Dorsey over attempts to extort protection money.
The mysterious people who are always present in Hodge's bar.
The Old Man
The Old Woman