Characters: Soul Chess Code Geass
Okay so far all we've seen are characters from the Bleach universe. Now its time to look at the other series. Here are the main pages you need.Have a nice dinner.
Andreas DarltonA subordinate and confidante of Cornelia's and father to many sons, also members of Cornelia's knights. He is killed by Lelouch during the Black Rebellion.
- The Ace: After his death, he's already a mid ranking officer in 11th Division, despite not being in the Gotei for that long.
- He's yet to learn his Zanpakuto's name though.
- Big Good: During Cornelia's arc as a general in the Imperial Army
- Four-Star Badass
C.C/Breena Mac-ClainAn immortal witch that can grant the power of Geass. Interestingly enough the first time she meets Lelouch is not the first time he has met her, but the first time Lelouch meets her is not the first time she meets him.
- Came Back Wrong: To save her life after Aizen tricks him into stabbing her, Lelouch turns CC into a Substitute Soul Reaper, but she loses her memory post-Code acquisition as a result.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Distressed Damsel: Captured by Kasumi for insurance when she planned to attack the Soul King but now is in Aizen's hands.
- Depower: Aizen takes her code.
- Repower: She gets Shinigami abilities thanks to Lelouch.
- Identity Amnesia: Post repower, she reverts to the state seen in R2. She's still has regained them as of 2026, 5 years after the event.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: FUCK YOU AIZEN!
- Meaningful Name: Her real name is of Gaelic origin and means Water droplet. draconichero really does everything he can, doesn’t he?
- Pet the Dog: When Nagisa reveals that she was raped by Britannians in between R1 and R2 along with many other female prisoners, in hopes that they would give up information, C.C sympathizes with her which raises some Unfortunate Implications regarding what may have happened to her in the past. Although, considering her past that doesn't sound implausible in the slightest.
- She tells Lelouch anything and everything he wants to know about his mother. Keep in mind that she just ignored Lelouch’s questions in canon.
- Secret Keeper: of many things about Lelouch’s parents that he didn’t know, which she reveals to him when they meet after he slays his not yet temporally displaced self. And she also keeps Lelouch’s secret that he actually does like Nunnally in that way because Lelouch threatens her with a Fate Worse Than Death.
- She also keeps it a secret to the living Lelouch about his dead counterpart.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: She tells Lelouch she seems okay with the prospect now considering he gave her the will to live by teaching her that happiness can be found in a world of lies and, though it’s not explicitly stated, though confirmed by draconichero’s impressions of their relationship that CC also knows that it’s still possible for her to find love.
Euphemia li BritanniaLelouch's half sister and Cornelia's younger full blood sister. An innocent  who died tragically when Lelouch's Geass went on the fritz and has accidentally and unintentionally geassed her to kill all the Japanese and has forced Lelouch to kill her. To make matters worse, Lelouch lets Euphie take the blame for his mistake and the public gives her the undeserving name of "Princess Massacre" as a result and Lelouch regrets it ever since. Like Shirley's death, Euphie's death and the massacre that happened in the aftermath still haunts Lelouch to this day and is considered the biggest sin he has ever committed second only to Zero Requiem. Starting in the Wish Fulfillment arc she is now a Soul Reaper in Lelouch's squad.
- The Ace: Regarded as a prodigy in the Shinigami arts, being the latest to graduate from the academy early, one of only 7 to do so (The others being Yoruichi, Mari, Kaien, Gin, Toshiro, Senna in that order).
- Attempted Rape: Several of her subordinates try this on her during her the Wish Fulfillment arc. Hisana puts a stop to that
- Earn Your Happy Ending: A firm believer of this as noted in chapter 158. Gets it in 189 when she is reunited with Suzaku.
- Took a Level in Badass: She is a Soul Reaper starting in the Wish Fulfillment arc. Considering she never physically fought beforenote this already is enough. That and she's now this generation's child prodigy following Rurichiyo and Hitsugaya.
Gilbert G.P. GuilfordCornelia's personal knight. Supposedly was killed when the F.L.E.I.J.A. warhead detonated, but somehow survived. He didn't survive the F.L.E.I.J.A. explosion. He is currently a whole following Cornelia around. When he and Cornelia first met each other she wasn't too keen on having him around, but after Guinevere sets a trap for her that leads to Cornelia murdering an entire Britannian settlement and Guilford makes several phone calls up the chain of command to get Nonette to bail her out Cornelia is taken aback by his Undying Loyalty she warms up to him and the two begin the road towards the close knit relationship we see between them in canon.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Cornelia even lampshades how she doesn't believe she needs Guilford's protection because she is a Britannian Princess and an Action Girl.
- Dead All Along: For those wondering how he miraculously survived FLEIJA: he did not.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: To let Cornelia escape getting eaten by Hollow Zero Guilford leaps onto Zero's back and holds him back just as his existence as a whole comes to an end. With his hollow powers he then proceeds to perform a Giga Drill Break impersonation and attacks Zero head on. It creates a pillar of reiryoku seen from blocks away. Unfortunately, it fails to impact the Vasdo Lordes at all.
- Killed Off for Real: By Hollow Zero.
- Undying Loyalty: Even after his own death. EVEN AS A HOLLOW!
Guinevere su BritanniaThe first princess of the Britannia Royal Family and the only older sister Cornelia has.
- Alas, Poor Villain: She kind of deserves some karmic backlash for all she’s pulled, but after she gracefully accepts defeat at Nunnally’s handsnote you may not be as joyful of her death a few scenes later.
- Brilliant but Lazy: As Cornelia notes, Guinevere has a very good political head on her shoulders, but hardly puts it into practice.
- Graceful Loser: When Nunnally defeats her and ultimately becomes Empress, Guinevere says that she’s simply tired and actually decides to take a walk.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Cornelia wallops her in the face for mocking Marianne and proceeds to enter into a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown, before she’s yanked off of her by Schneizel.
- Manipulative Bitch: The narration in ch 152 indicates that Guinevere is very good at being one of these.
- Killed Off for Real: By Hollow Zero
- OC Stand-in: Partially. The author fabricated Guinevere’s entire personality and aspects based on a little bit of research on Marie Antoinette since it was said on The Other Wiki that Guinevere is often referred to as Britannia’s version of her.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Guinevere’s mother, Farah, is concerned Guinevere may have a fever or be drunk because Guinevere never accepts defeat so casually and she’s always having her consorts carry her above the streets. She never “takes a walk”.
- Pet the Dog: Guinevere lets Nunnally stay with her when she is brought back to Pendragon and revealed to be alive.
- Rich Bitch: Yup that's a...yup. It contrasts with how Cornelia is Spoiled Sweet.
- Villain with Good Publicity: She's not strictly a villain so to speak, but every time we see her she's playing an antagonistic role to Cornelia and she IS a daughter of the empire too. Guinevere has lots of friends in high places and she is one of the more famous members of the Britannian Royal Family. However, when she and Cornelia commit to public warfare and Cornelia sheds a tear on national television, Guinevere's popularity DROPS like a rock in the eyes of the Britannian public. However, she still keeps most of her contacts.
Kallen KozukiThe Ace Pilot of the Black Knights. Understood what Lelouch was trying to do with Zero Requiem after she witnessed him being stabbed. Later develops a Fullbring called 'Black Queen' and joins the Knights Of The Round.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Chapter 200; it's how she becomes spiritually aware. Apparently.
- Enemy Mine: Subverted; after Zero Requiem, she's at a complete loose end at what to do with her life; captain Lelouch comes to her in Gigai and suggests she join her former mortal enemy; The Knights Of The Round. By the time of Permanent Sinner, she's back in the Guren and having a good scuffle with The Starscream (literally, it's Starscream!)
- Actually, she hasn't joined as revealed in chapter 200. She eventually becomes Knight Of Eleven in 2026
- Posthumous Character: A brilliant inversion. It's not her that's dead it's Lelouch and she's only seen in flashbacks and Zero's perspective until the Double Zero arc. Not of course counting her canon apperances in the Within Zero's Shadow and Pursuit of the Truth arcs.
- Took a Level in Badass: She now has a Fullbring.
- What the Hell, Hero?: She thoroughly chews Inoue out for using refrain. Is that a regular occurence Kallen? ...What?
Eleventh Prince Lelouch vi BritanniaWhile Captain of Squad Ten: Lelouch Lamperouge is undoubtably the hero. Due to the Temporal Paradox there are instances of his younger, very much alive, self involved in the plot of Cornelia's arc. He later becomes the Vasdo Lordes known as Zero. See his entry on this page for more details.
- Armor-Piercing Question: He really gets under Marianne’s skin with his questions during the incident with the Sword of Akasha. Not that he’s aware.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Look back at the flashbacks and Cornelia's arc. He qualifies.
- Child Prodigy
- Flashback to Catchphrase: "Leaders must always be willing to take action. If a general is not there fighting beside his troops, or any leader alongside his or her men and women, how can the soldiers expect to follow." Cornelia was the one who brought up his "if the king doesn't go into battle his men won't follow" ideal.
- Future Badass: Kind of a Foregone Conclusion considering the person he becomes.
- Hero Antagonist <—> Villain Antagonist: Arguably.
- Secret Keeper: Cornelia tells him of her continued investigation into the Inked Alliance despite having it suspended.
MaoA former contract partner of CC's. Mao's geass gives him the ability to read minds. However, he can't shut it off. After his death he comes back as a hollow with similar mind reading capabilities since geass powers are not supposed to carry over after death. He then later becomes an adjuchas and then right after that an arrancar. He gets better in Soul Society when he finds out about C.C. living there.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: His telepathy makes him in one chapter a threat NEARLY EQUAL TO AIZEN.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After doing time in the Maggot's Nest, he's reunited with CC; trouble is she doesn't remember him, so he makes an effort to reacquiant himself with her, this time not in a Stalker with a Crush sort of way, and enter the academy.
- Heel Neutral Turn: After his release from the Maggot's Nest.
- Near Villain Victory: As a hollow Mao kidnaps Milly and says he’ll make her make nice friends with Mr. Concrete. Lelouch isn’t able to save her in time which if she hit the ground would’ve undone the Temporal Paradox a la Butterfly Effect. If not for Momo’s Big Damn Heroes moment, Lelouch would’ve been in hot water.
- Playing with Fire: As an arrancar and adjuchas.
- Power Gives You Wings
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: As a hollow Mao’s form takes that of a reptile/dragon.
- Unhand Them, Villain!: See Near Villain Victory above. The moment is caused by Lelouch telling Mao to let Milly go.
Marianne vi BritanniaLelouch's mother. It is her eventual death that is the catalyst for Lelouch's actions to speak out against his father and be banished. She, much to Lelouch's ire, shared Charles' view on the world and now all of Lelouch's good memories of her are now forever soured. Since revived by Lelouch and accepted into the Royal Guard (aka the Zero Squad). Her Zanpakuto is Hiiro Kishi (Scarlet Knight). Her Bankai is Hiiro Kishi Mitsugi: Tsubasa Kogo (Scarlet Knight Tribute: Winged Empress).
- Action Mom
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Read 2,130 books from the Library of Infinite Knowledge. We know who Lelouch got his analytical side from.
- Badass: She comes to Karakura Town packing enough heat to take out a bunch of EU terrorists hiding out there. by herself. She didn't realize that it was already taken care of by Shirosaki. At that hideout she was able to wound Shirosaki with a SHOTGUN. And that was before she became a shinigami.
- Badass Boast: In the Wish Fulfillment arc. To TalbumosukeMarianne: I will show you the power of the one once titled Marianne the Flash.
- Badass Bookworm: Marianne reads from books from the Library of Infinite Knowledge. Apparently lesser minds can only read from 48. Aizen and Mayuri are said to only be able to read 1000. By the time of her demise in C’s World aka the Royal Dimension, Marianne has read 2,130 books. Well Lelouch's brilliance had to come from somewhere.
- Berserk Button: Watch her fly off the handle at Aizen when he tells her He killed her parents and burned down her house when she was smallMarianne: YOU RUINED! MY LIFE!
- Bullying a Dragon: Picks a fight with Aizen. She ALMOST WON!
- By the Power of Grayskull!: 'Equip, Hiiro Kishi.' and 'Bankai: Hiiro Kishi Mitsugi: Tsubasa Kogo'.)
- Cannot Spit It Out: During the Sword of Akasha incident it’s stated that she wants to apologize, but the words keep getting stuck in her throat.
- The Chessmaster: In cahoots with Rita to get rid of Soul King; looks like SK's prophecy didn't quite turn out like he envisaged.
- Child Soldiers: Joined the Britannian Military the same age Cornelia did at the academy: 9.
- Combat Pragmatist: She knows that a lot of Talbumosuke's combat effectiveness comes from his Bankai; she simply doesn't give him the time or space to release it. And promptly beats the snot out of him.
- Crazy-Prepared: Marianne was all set and ready in case the Sword of Akasha plan failed. Moreover, it was this trope and Awesomeness by Analysis that she was able to nearly defeat Aizen, he only won by using a Taking You with Me attack.
- Curbstomp Battle: Against the Inked Alliance, Talbumosuke, and Mayuri, Kira, Szayel and Misama. Aizen is the only one to give her trouble thus far.
- Heel-Face Turn: After reconstructing her soul body with the help of the research department, Lelouch gives his mother a second chance rather than condemning her to the same non-existence as his father. She takes it.
- Mama Bear: Don't mess with Marianne's children. She will kill you with no questions asked and all of your comrades too. No questions asked, no second chances, no negotiations
- One Woman Army: After an incident very similar to 9/11, Britannia locks in on the terrorists location with the assistance of Japan. They send only Marianne to deal with all of them.
- She's also capable of soloing TALBUMOSUKE.
- Passing the Torch: To Cornelia in regards to taking down the Inked Alliance.
- Retired Badass: No this does not contradict the above. When she was alive, Marianne retired from being a Knight of the Round, though it was more like forced retirement.
- Shout-Out: Her zanpakuto powers; to Ezra from Fairy Tail, with a little bit of Roronoa Zoro from One Piece.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer: When terrorists attack Cornelia's family's mansion and cut the power, Marianne makes a temporary solution to fix the problem by tying back together the incredibly thin fibers with strands of her hair.
Naomi/Orihime InoueA blue haired woman who becomes a member of the Black Knights and joined the resistance when Naoto was still leading it. She is killed during the Black Rebellion. Naomi is just an alias. This woman is really Orihime Inoue. See her page on Soul Chess Ichigos Nakama for more details.
- One Steve Limit: Fans become confused if you’re talking about her or Orihime. Then it’s subverted when it turns out in the Within Zero’s Shadow arc that they’re the same person and Naomi is just an alias because Orihime is a wanted criminal by Britannia.
- The Other Darrin: Meta, considering it's really Orihime in disguise. Assuming the two would share voices with their original VA's, Orihime would be voiced by Stephanie Sheh, and Naomi by Cindy Robinson. In story it'd pretty straightforward for Ori to put on an accent to further disguise the change.
Nonnette EnneagramCornelia's superior in the military academy. Nonette is described as being casual, laidback, and a little out there but when push comes to shove she snaps to attention.
- Ace Pilot: Oh is she ever! See Badass Normal below.
- Badass Normal: She is such an Ace Pilot that it takes the combined efforts of the Lancelot Albion and the Shinkiron to defeat her and destroy her Knightmare the Elizabeth. She has no geass and no spiritual power. She’s just that good. For comparison: Bismarck Waldstein, the Knight of One, was defeated by Suzaku alone and he has a geass that can see into the future.
- Big Sleep: Much to Cornelia’s dismay.
- Ultimately averted, especially during Hell On Earth, when the two get to fight side-by-side once again.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Suzaku denotes that he can't understand her way of thinking sometimes.
- Cool Big Sis: To Cornelia
- Intergenerational Friendship: Nonette is nine years older than Cornelia.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Does this to Luciano Bradley for insulting Cornelia.
- Killed Off for Real: In 171
- Marshmallow Hell: Gives this to Suzaku to try and help him feel welcomed as part of the Knights of the Round.
- Really Dead Montage: As she dies Cornelia begins to remember all the happy moments they spent together.
- Statuesque Stunner: For the fic's purposes the author says he has Nonette clocked at a startling 6' 3" (190cm)
- Lampshades this in Soul Society, with the Gotei's one-size-fits-all uniforms.
Nunnally vi BritanniaLelouch's younger sister and the main reason why he did what he has done when he was alive. The OTHER sibling who can see/sense spirits. Captain Lelouch discovered this by direct contact.
- I See Dead People: Well, when she could see anyway. She could probably still sense them during the time she was blind.
- Confirmed in chapter 170.
- Mythology Gag: This wouldn't be the first time Nunnally has been able to See people that other people cannot.
- The Empress: 100th Empress of Britannia to be exact. Becomes this as of chapter 174.
Rolo Lamperouge/HaliburtonLelouch's surrogate brother who was replaced with Nunnally when Charles replaced Lelouch's memories. He died protecting Lelouch, ultimately looking up to his big brother. Although he may have saved Lelouch's life, he still hasn't forgiven him for being responsible for Shirley's death.
- Cruel Mercy: Lelouch spares Rolo, but tells him he doesn't want to see him again, ever. Rolo may not be going to hell, but he'll be wandering a large paradise denied of the one thing he would've wanted there that he knows is there.
- Kick the Dog/Kick the Son of a Bitch: Depending on how you feel about Rolo, Lelouch’s verbal lashing of him prior to providing his Konso will look like this.
- Put on a Bus: Unlike everyone else Captain Lelouch has encountered during the course of the series to perform a Konso on, Rolo is told not to come to the Seireitei or Lelouch will kill him.
Schneizel El BritanniaSecond prince of the Britannia Royal Family. Lelouch's half brother and the only person Lelouch has never once beaten at a game of chess. Schneizel is or rather will be under the influence of Lelouch's geass to make him serve Zero whose identity is currently Suzaku Kururugi.
- Get a Hold of Yourself Man: Is forced to restrain Cornelia when she goes absolutely off the walls and almost kills Guinevere because she insulted Marianne. Granted, Cornelia was still recovering from her death.
- Pet the Dog: Helps Cornelia out of her Heroic BSOD
Shirley FenetteLelouch's classmate who had a crush on him. Her death as seen with Yuna still seems to haunt Lelouch to this day.
- Identical Stranger: Her and Orihime are noted to be very similar by Lelouch.
- Orihime herself notes this.
- One True Threesome: With Captain Lelouch and Susanna.
- Comes with Lelouch x Shirley being the writer's One True Pairing from canon, though he does rate Lelouch x CC and Lelouch x Kallen highly too.
Suzaku KururugiLelouch's childhood friend since his exile from the empire. He is currently Until we move past the Zero Requiem timeline acting as the second Zero since he is believed to be dead by the rest of the world. Lelouch still considers Suzaku to be a very good friend. He has spiritual power enough to be affected by the spiritual realm, but not enough to see spirits. During Permanent Sinner, he manifests his Fullbring, Knight Of Honor..
- Flying Brick: His Fullbring, which manifests as a scaled down, supercharged Lancelot. Cue Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Not So Different: Lelouch has compared him to Byakuya at times.
- Staring Down Cthulhu: In chapter 164 where he refuses to blink as Nonette gives him an icy stare while the other Knights of the round look at him like he’s got a death wish. Brass Balls Suzaku is not without.
- In 171 it becomes Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu? Okay, he had Lelouch to give him a hand, but still...
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.