The character sheet about the Chinese Federation characters of Code Geass
open/close all folders
"The crimson sky has perished."
A minor officer within the Chinese Federal Military, Li Xingke swore his loyalty and life to the young Empress Tianzi after she saved him from being executed for showing mercy to a prisoner. Now he has dedicated his life to climbing the ladder of the Chinese Military to gain enough power to overthrow the de facto rulers of the Federation, the Eunuchs, and grant the Empress her greatest wish: to see the outside world. Considering the fact that he is said, and has mostly proven, to have both the strength of Suzaku and the intelligence of Lelouch, this is very likely. He succeeds with Zero's help. Xingke eventually becomes a key member of the Order of the Black Knights after the establishment of the United Federation of Nations and leads the first attack on Area 11, sustaining serious injuries at the hands of Bismark Waldstein.
Li Xingke embodies these tropes:
Jiang Lihua aka Empress Tianzi
Jiang Lihua aka Empress Tianzi
"Someday, I want to see the outside world."
The Empress of China, who appears in R2. Technically speaking, the Tianzi ("Child of Heaven") is supposed to be the leader of the Chinese Federation and the heir to the old imperial tradition. In reality, the current Tianzi is a teenage girl kept away from her people by her council, the Eunuchs, who rule the country as they wish. However, not everything is lost: Tianzi has a protector in Li Xingke, and even if she's powerless at the moment, she's touchingly determined to do what she can.
Tianzi embodies these tropes:
- Anime Chinese Girl
- Arranged Marriage: The Emperor tries to marry his eldest son Prince Odysseus off to her, which Lelouch and the Black Knights use to their advantage.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: Li Xingke's ultimate goal is to repay Empress Tianzi's kindness by giving her enough power to rule over the Federation, instead of being just a puppet of the Eunuchs.
- Dawson Casting: Averted by the Japanese voice actor for Tianzi, who was nine years old at the time of recording for a thirteen year old character. Otherwise played straight, and her English actor was in her 40s.
- Distressed Damsel
- The Empress
- Heroic Albino: She's more like The Woobie than a heroine. She does as much good as a sheltered and shy thirteen year old can hope to do, though. She appears to be a rare example of using albinism to emphasize a character's vulnerability and frailty.
- The Ingenue: Go figure... Note well, though, that her whole plot line revolves around other characters effectively growing her out of it so she can be more like Nunnally and Kaguya.
- I Owe You My Life: The canon core of Xingke's devotion to her, who saved him from execution when he was a teenager.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Tianzi might be the Empress of China, but otherwise she fits in very well as she's practically a prisoner in her palace.
- Moe Couplet: Forms a painfully cute one with the older (albeit not much) and worldly Kaguya.
- Older than They Look: She's not eight years old, people. She's 13.
- Pinky Swear: How she and Xingke sealed The Promise of seeing the outside world.
- Precocious Crush: Some interpret her feelings for Xingke this way. Understandable, though: he's the first person who was ever genuinely kind to her, so if she had a child-like crush on him it'd be no surprise.
- Shrinking Violet: With good reason, as the world pretty much screws her over.
- Tender Tears: Cries a lot. Considering her really shitty situation, we can't blame her.
- Token Mini-Moe
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Sweeter, gentler counterpart to the also girly but more straightforward Kaguya.
The High Eunuchs
Voiced by: Various
A circle of the Empress's advisers who run the country under her shadow. They seek personal gain even if it means betraying their whole country. In Chinese Federation arc of R2, they agree to to lend the Black Knights land for the million Japanese exiles
and recognize their state of the United States of Japan. However, they also collaborate with Schneizel to hand the Empress and their territory over in return for Britannian noble titles. They nearly succeed, but Zero planned for this. They're later executed by Xing-ke once they're abandoned.