Characters: Code Geass European Union
The character sheet about the European Union characters of Code Geass.
open/close all folders
- Voiced by: Miyu Irino
- Ace Pilot
- Ax-Crazy: A relatively mild example - he's reckless to the point of being suicidal (his true goal anyway), enjoys battle a little too much, can be very cynical and ruthless, and when he isn't any of those things, he's borderline emotionless who tries to hide it with sarcasm. All that coupled with the fact that he sees dead people, all definite signs that he's mentally unstable to a degree. How mild or severe depends on what happens in future episodes.
- Elevated in the second episode, where his Blood Knight tendencies rub off on the delinquents (though that's heavily implied to be the result of an unspecified Geass order used on him). More so than anything else however, is the look he gave Leila when he swore he'd kill his brother. The poor girl was frozen stiff.
- Badass: When you can take on 1/2 of an elite Britannian Knightmare squad all by yourself or go one-on-one against a Knightmare on foot and win, it's a little difficult to not qualify for this.
- In a flashback of episode two, he was Geass-commanded to die, and Akito resisted it completely he is the first person to ever completely resist a full command from a geass, and he was four at that time!
- The Berserker: His battle style when piloting a Knightmare, especially in the Alexander.
- Blood Knight: Akito seems just a bit too happy when taking on enemy Knightmares. Granted the fact that he can't die, it's probably the only way for him to vent his frustrations & have some fun.
- Broken Hero
- Combat Pragmatist: When fighting Knightmare to Knightmare, he doesn't aim for the mech. He aims for the cockpit.
- Curtains Match The Windows
- Death Seeker: He's under an unspecified Geass command that seems similar to what Lelouch did to Suzaku: Do not Die.
- Averted. In a flashback, it is shown his older brother kept using his Geass on him, repeatedly telling him to die. Akito didn't, so his Blood Knight tendencies and suicidal behavior are probably the Geass trying to force him to die. Keep in mind that he didn't look any older than four in the aforementioned flashback.
- Deadpan Snarker
- I See Dead People: Akito attributes his capability to do so with an unexplained Near Death Experience.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Can be incredibly cynical.
- Lady and Knight: The Knight to Leila's Lady.
- One-Man Army
- Short Hair with Tail
- Slasher Smile: Several of them.
- Sole Survivor
- The Stoic: Off the battlefield, he´s a very quiet man bordering on emotionless, but he does atleast display a sense of humor.
- Voiced by: Maaya Sakamoto
- Action Girl: Leila is accomplished in aikido and possibly jujutsu, which she demonstrates to anyone unfortunate enough to think she's a soft target.
- Adorkable: Slips into this sometimes around Akito because she´s interested in him and his country´s culture.
- A Mother to Her Men: Fiercely protective of anyone under her command.
- Anti-Magic: She is seemingly immune to Geass.
- Arranged Marriage: To her older stepbrother Johann some time in the future.
- The Atoner: Leila has feelings of guilt over the multitude of Elevens that died during the first W0 operation due to her not dethroning her racist commander earlier than she did.
- Badass: Due to her skills in mentioned martial arts, she managed to disarm her racist commander when he attempts to shoot her and later on, disarms a katana-wielding opponent.
- Cultured Badass: She reads Guilbert´s Essays on Tactics at a party.
- Berserk Button: Her older brother Johann really pisses her off.
- Big Brother Bully: The youngest of her older brothers, Johann, treats her as a concubine due to his hatred of the idea that he will be forced to marry her at his father´s behest. Subverted with her two other brothers Daniel and Stefan, who are both Nice Guys.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: The Gentle Girl to Akito´s Brooding Boy.
- Defector from Decadence: Leila is the child of Britannian nobles who disagreed with the Britannian system and defected to the democratic E.U. republic.
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: Episode 2 has her in a skintight pilot suit for half the movie that does a bang-up job of showing off her figure.
- Hidden Buxom: Compare her in her usual outfit and during Form-Fitting Wardrobe scene aforementioned above.
- Innocent Purple Eyes: Which in Code Geass terms sadly means Break the Cutie is coming.
- Lady and Knight: The Lady to Akito's Knight.
- Lady of War
- Nice Girl: She's one of the few characters with a pleasant demeanor, as long as you aren´t a jerkass.
- Odango Hair
- Purple Eyes: A sign of her Britannian heritage.
- Rapunzel Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Supporting Protagonist: Despite Akito being the main character, much of the story is told through her perspective.
- Stalker With(out?) A Crush: She has an odd fascination with Akito for currently unexplained reasons, to the point where she sneaks out in the morning to see what he´s doing, only to get spotted immediately.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type B
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- Hidden Depths: Despite his bravado, he admits that he only really wants to find a home for himself and his two friends.
- Irony: He was in charge of a group that had, get this, eleven members. This in a series where Japanese are called Elevens.
- Pet the Dog: He seemed sympathetic towards Akito after finding out that Akito's brother irrationally wanted him killed.
- Voiced by: Yōko Hikasa
- Boobs of Steel: She's far more hands-on by comparison to Leila (not to say that Leila isn't a good fighter herself, though; Ayano is just more likely to fight).
- Expy: Seems to be Akito The Exile's equivalent to Kallen Kozuki from the original series.
- Tomboy: She wears jeans, coats, and shorts more often than Leila.
- Zettai Ryouiki: The violet-colored stockings + hotpants variety.
- Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- Boomerang Bigot: A member of an oppressed people is himself racist towards his own people.
- Evil Genius: His skills are so good he bypassed the security measures of a Glasgow and forged pilot credentials.
- Freudian Excuse: The students he killed via planting a bomb in the school? A couple of them left him with a large scar spanning almost the full length of his hand.
- Genius Slob: He hacked into a military grade security system undetected.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: He bombed a school that had the same classmates who fucked up his hand. The evil part also comes from how he seemed unconcerned with any other students who weren't responsible for abusing him.
- Voiced by: Showtaro Morikubo
- Voiced by: Unshou Ishizuka