The character sheet about the European Union characters of Code Geass
open/close all folders
The protagonist of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled
. A pilot of the special unit W-0 of the E.U., Akito is amongst the many Japanese who were displaced to Europe following Britannia's invasion, where he is no more welcome to his new European superiors than the Britannian colonialists.
- Ace Pilot
- Ax-Crazy: A relatively mild example - he's reckless to the point of being suicidal (his true goal anyway), enjoys battle a little too much, can be very cynical and ruthless, and when he isn't any of those things, he's borderline emotionless who tries to hide it with sarcasm. All that coupled with the fact that he sees dead people, all definite signs that he's mentally unstable to a degree. How mild or severe depends on what happens in future episodes.
- Elevated in the second episode, where his Blood Knight tendencies rub off on the delinquents (though that's heavily implied to be the result of an unspecified Geass order used on him). More so than anything else however, is the look he gave Leila when he swore he'd kill his brother. The poor girl was frozen stiff.
- Badass: When you can take on 1/2 of an elite Britannian Knightmare squad all by yourself or go one-on-one against a Knightmare on foot and win, it's a little difficult to not qualify for this.
- The Berserker: His battle style when piloting a Knightmare, especially in the Alexander.
- Blood Knight: Akito seems just a bit too happy when taking on enemy Knightmares. Granted the fact that he can't die, it's probably the only way for him to vent his frustrations & have some fun.
- Broken Hero
- Combat Pragmatist: When fighting Knightmare to Knightmare, he doesn't aim for the mech. He aims for the cockpit.
- Curtains Match The Windows
- Death Seeker: He's under an unspecified Geass command that seems similar to what Lelouch did to Suzaku: Do not Die.
- Quite the opposite, actually. In a flashback, it is shown his older brother kept using his Geass on him, repeatedly telling him to die. Akito didn't. Keep in mind that he didn't look any older than four in the aforementioned flashback.
- Deadpan Snarker
- I See Dead People: Akito attributes his capability to do so with an unexplained Near Death Experience.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Can be incredibly cynical.
- Lady and Knight: The Knight to Leila's Lady.
- One-Man Army
- Short Hair With Tail
- Slasher Smile: Several of them.
- Sole Survivor
- The Stoic: Off the battlefield, he´s a very quiet man bordering on emotionless, but he does atleast display a sense of humor.
- Not So Stoic: His brother Shaing provokes this reaction from him.
and later commander of the W-0 unit.
- Action Girl: Leila is accomplished in aikido and possibly jujutsu, which she demonstrates to anyone unfortunate enough to think she's a soft target.
- Adorkable: Slips into this sometimes around Akito because she´s interested in him and his country´s culture.
- A Mother to Her Men: Fiercely protective of anyone under her command.
- Anti-Magic: She is seemingly immune to Geass.
- Arranged Marriage: To her older stepbrother Johann some time in the future.
- The Atoner: Leila has feelings of guilt over the multitude of Elevens that died during the first W0 operation due to her not dethroning her racist commander earlier than she did.
- Badass: Due to her skills in mentioned martial arts, she managed to disarm her racist commander when he attempts to shoot her and later on, disarms a katana-wielding opponent.
- Berserk Button: Her older brother Johann really pisses her off.
- Big Brother Bully: The youngest of her older brothers, Johann, treats her as a concubine due to his hatred of the idea that he will be forced to marry her at his father´s behest. Subverted with her two other brothers Daniel and Stefan, who are both Nice Guys.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: The Gentle Girl to Akito´s Brooding Boy.
- Defector from Decadence: Leila is the child of Britannian nobles who disagreed with the Britannian system and defected to the democratic E.U. republic.
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: Episode 2 has her in a skintight pilot suit for half the movie that does a bang-up job of showing off her figure.
- Hidden Buxom: Compare her in her usual outfit and during Form-Fitting Wardrobe scene aforementioned above.
- Innocent Purple Eyes: Which in Code Geass terms sadly means Break the Cutie is coming.
- Lady and Knight: The Lady to Akito's Knight.
- Lady of War
- Nice Girl: As long as you aren´t racist or a dick, she´s perfectly nice, especially around Akito.
- Odango Hair
- Purple Eyes: A sign of her Britannian heritage.
- Rapunzel Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Stalker With(out?) A Crush: She has an odd fascination with Akito for currently unexplained reasons, to the point where she sneaks out in the morning to see what he´s doing, only to get spotted immediately.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type B
A general of the EU and Leila's superior, as well as mentor.