Welcome to the character page for the webcomic series, School Bites
open/close all folders
- Cute Monster Girl
- Pointy Ears: Described as "elf-like" by Holly. Annie loses them when she transform into a death angel
- Undeathly Pallor: Comes with the territory of being a vampire, even Fujiko sports a bit of paleness despite being a cat girl.
Charlotte Webb/Cherri Creeper
The heroine of the story, a young college girl whose humanity came to an end after she was seduced by a vampire while leaving a Halloween party, fed on, and left for dead in an alleyway. The story opens with her resurrecting and awakening as a vampire herself and invited to join the Shadow Academy where her new life as an undead begins.
- Fiery Redhead
- First Episode Resurrection: It's even the page for the trope.
- Jumped at the Call: Once Cherri realized she was now a vampire, she took the change in stride and happily went along with the invitation to Shadow Academy.
- Parental Abandonment: A mother that's constantly on the move and a father whose re-married over time and neither had much regard for her. She claims she's been on her own since she was fifteen. Its a wonder she reached college at all.
- Punny Name
A African American girl whose likewise recently enrolled in the academy. Is revealed to be a Dhampyr, not only that but the daughter of one of the ancient vampires, Lilith
The catgirl-pire of the bunch. Has really
taken a liking to Cherri.
- Cat Girl: Who also happens to be a vampire.
- Cute Monster Girl: Technically all of the female cast are, but she fits the trope the most due to her appearance.
- Fantastic Racism: Very implied she only sees humans as food and doesn't think much of them beyond that. Much to Cherri's irritation when Fujiko tells her to give up on a human boy she's taken a liking too. When she hears of Christopher the first time she nearly rushes out of the room only to be held back by Cleo. When Cherri comes to introduce Christopher to the girls, she practically attacks him on sight. It's only due to Annie that she was stopped.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians / Single-Target Sexuality / Les Yay: Take your pick
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: She's a vampire/cat girl with gold eyes.
- Token Minority: Japanese
The rather dowry member of the group. She, like Cherri, is a recently turned vampire. Later becomes a Dark Angel due to the way she was transformed.
- Cute Witch: Is a Wiccan.
- Heroic Sacrifice / Senseless Sacrifice: See Shaggy Dog Story.
- Power Gives You Wings: On her first taste of blood.
- Shaggy Dog Story: She willingly turned herself into a vampire via a magic spell to save her boyfriend from a fatal disease. However once she had the means to cure him, he requested to leave it be and die peacefully. Annie respected his wishes, staying by his side till he passed on.
- Shinigami: Technically, the vampire part was just an incubation period. Once Annie tastes blood for the first time, it completes the transformation.
- Vegetarian Vampire: Indeed, even before being turned she was a stout vegetarian and isn't comfortable with drinking blood considering her later transformation, there might be a reason for it.
The rather perky member of the group. Another turned victim, but being undead hasn't slowed down her enthusiasm a bit.
A vampire of the Nosferatu type, shun in his family for being different and sent to Shadow Academy to be a "true" vampire.
A student that Cherri meets while waiting outside an office.
Shadow Academy Faculty and Staff
A Dark Angel who teaches history at the school and also reports and directs newly turned vampires to the school.
The headmistress of Shadow Academy.
Another teacher at the school who runs Home Etc, but has other jobs as well.
Professor Van Flappin
A no-nonsense professor who happens to be a bat
Professor Pinkalily Flutterfly
A fairy vampire. its through her the students get re-named after she tastes their blood.
A teacher who helps young vampires ease into blood drinking
A bat that delivered Cherri acceptance letter to Shadow Academy. Quickly took a liking to her and been hanging around her and her friends since
Dante Le Bon
The vampire that turned Cherri. A drop out of Shadow Academy who went renegade and does not favor the rules of The Masquerade
A trio comprised of two twin girls named Babette and Josephine and a male servant named Gabriel. Not surprisingly they take after their master.
A British human musician who "volunteered" for the blood drinking class (i.e: hypnotized and put under a trance to be used as practice for the vampires of the class. They do get paid for their time however). However for some reason, rather then have his memory wiped as most of the humans usually do. He vividly remembers Cherri from the encounter. Cherri likewise has taken an attraction to him.
- I Will Find You: After Cherri manages to visit him the first time but is uncertain if she can come back to the human world. He makes this promise to her. He makes good on it too.
- No Sell: Whatever hypnotic spell that was used before doesn't seem to work on him now. Professor Moonfire lets him stay in the school to figure out why this is.
A ghost girl who has appeared from time to time. Seems to have history with Dante.
- Big Damn Heroes: Dante nearly sways Cherri to him in their second meeting, planning on having her feed on Christopher. Least until the girl shows up which spooks Dante into running off. She also helps get Cherri something sweet to eat to curb her hunger.
- Cute Ghost Girl
- The Dreaded: For Dante at least that he tries to avoid contact with her at all costs.