open/close all folders
- Cute Monster Girl
- Pointy Ears: Described as "elf-like" by Holly. Annie loses them when she transform into a death angel
- Undeathly Pallor: Comes with the territory of being a vampire, even Fujiko sports a bit of paleness despite being a cat girl.
Charlotte Webb/Cherri CreeperThe heroine of the story, a young college girl whose humanity came to an end after she was seduced by a vampire while leaving a Halloween party, fed on, and left for dead in an alleyway. The story opens with her resurrecting and awakening as a vampire herself and invited to join the Shadow Academy where her new life as an undead begins.
- Fiery Redhead
- First Episode Resurrection: It's even the page for the trope.
- Jumped at the Call: Once Cherri realized she was now a vampire, she took the change in stride and happily went along with the invitation to Shadow Academy.
- Parental Abandonment: A mother that's constantly on the move and a father whose re-married over time and neither had much regard for her. She claims she's been on her own since she was fifteen. Its a wonder she reached college at all.
- Punny Name
Regina Sharp/CleobatraA African American girl whose likewise recently enrolled in the academy. Is revealed to be a Dhampyr, not only that but the daughter of one of the ancient vampires, Lilith
- Black Best Friend
- Cool Big Sis: Often plays this role among the group.
- Eyes Always Shut: In the first few chapters, subverted later on in the series
- Has Two Mommies: Was born through a human woman though has Lilith's blood in her. The odd thing is she likewise has a father as well.
- Royal Blood: Something she admits is not a big deal to her
- Punny Name
- Token Minority
- Twofer Token Minority: Also half Jewish.
Kyoko/FujikoThe catgirl-pire of the bunch. Has really taken a liking to Cherri.
- Cat Girl: Who also happens to be a vampire.
- Cute Monster Girl: Technically all of the female cast are, but she fits the trope the most due to her appearance.
- Fantastic Racism: Very implied she only sees humans as food and doesn't think much of them beyond that. Much to Cherri's irritation when Fujiko tells her to give up on a human boy she's taken a liking too. When she hears of Christopher the first time she nearly rushes out of the room only to be held back by Cleo. When Cherri comes to introduce Christopher to the girls, she practically attacks him on sight. It's only due to Annie that she was stopped.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians / Single-Target Sexuality / Les Yay: Take your pick
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: She's a vampire/cat girl with gold eyes.
- Token Minority: Japanese
Lelia/Annie MiaThe rather dowry member of the group. She, like Cherri, is a recently turned vampire. Later becomes a Dark Angel due to the way she was transformed.
- Cute Witch: Is a Wiccan.
- Heroic Sacrifice / Senseless Sacrifice: See Shaggy Dog Story.
- Power Gives You Wings: On her first taste of blood.
- Shaggy Dog Story: She willingly turned herself into a vampire via a magic spell to save her boyfriend from a fatal disease. However once she had the means to cure him, he requested to leave it be and die peacefully. Annie respected his wishes, staying by his side till he passed on.
- Shinigami: Technically, the vampire part was just an incubation period. Once Annie tastes blood for the first time, it completes the transformation.
- Vegetarian Vampire: Indeed, even before being turned she was a stout vegetarian and isn't comfortable with drinking blood considering her later transformation, there might be a reason for it.
Jenny/Sugar ShockThe rather perky member of the group. Another turned victim, but being undead hasn't slowed down her enthusiasm a bit.
- The Cheerleader: Unlike the usual form of this trope, she's not mean.
- The Ditz: Part of cheerleading motif, it's implied because of this she was easy prey for the vampire who turned her.
- Genki Girl: Very. If she's fed sugar, this just amps it to eleven.
- Mysterious Past: We see Cherri's at the start of the comic, Cleobatra's origin shows she was born a vampire. Annie transformed herself into a vampire as part of a deal for a cure, and Fujiko is likewise implied she's part of a clan of catgirl creatures. Leaving Sugar the only one who's backstory isn't explored.
- Highly Visible Ninja: During the Panty Raid
- Official Couple: With Imp
- Plucky Girl: Very perrky and nice to everyone.
- Write Who You Know: Based off a real life dorm mate of the author's
ImpA vampire of the Nosferatu type, shun in his family for being different and sent to Shadow Academy to be a "true" vampire.
- Black Sheep
- Characterization Marches On: Introduced as a rather perverted minded character to annoy the girls. But over time starts to grow out of it.
- Looks Like Orlok
- Official Couple: With Sugar Shock
- Royal Blood: A vampire prince
- The Unfavorite: In his family for not being a more like a proper vampire
BunnyA student that Cherri meets while waiting outside an office.
Shadow Academy Faculty and Staff
Professor SeraphisA Dark Angel who teaches history at the school and also reports and directs newly turned vampires to the school.
- Bishōnen: To the core
- Hot Teacher: Had the girls going goggly eyed for him on sight
- Stern Teacher
- Official Couple: With Professor Moonfire
Professor MoonfireThe headmistress of Shadow Academy.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Oh yesh.
- Official Couple: With Professor Seraphis
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Not opposed to a little fun now and then and looks out for her students. Though expects the same degree of respect from them as well and will not tolerate disobedience.
Professor EmbersAnother teacher at the school who runs Home Etc, but has other jobs as well.
Professor Van FlappinA no-nonsense professor who happens to be a bat
Professor Pinkalily FlutterflyA fairy vampire. its through her the students get re-named after she tastes their blood.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Looks cute but, as Cherri finds out, has a mean bite.
- Expy: Of the Sorting Hat from Harry Potter
- The Voiceless: Hasn't spoken any dialogue
Professor CorpussalA teacher who helps young vampires ease into blood drinking
BingA bat that delivered Cherri acceptance letter to Shadow Academy. Quickly took a liking to her and been hanging around her and her friends since
Dante Le BonThe vampire that turned Cherri. A drop out of Shadow Academy who went renegade and does not favor the rules of The Masquerade.
- Big Bad
- Dude Looks Like a Lady
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Really trying to go for the Anne Rice thing.
- Expy: Of Lestat from Interview With A Vampire
- Psychic Link: Has one with Cherri
Dante's GangA trio comprised of two twin girls named Babette and Josephine and a male servant named Gabriel. Not surprisingly they take after their master.
- All There in the Manual: Initially the two twins didn't have any names when they were introduced. Holly fixed that when she did extra pages for the webcomic.
- Alpha Bitches: Quickly antagonizing Cherri and her friends when they first meet them.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Just like their master, so much so that they're also...
- The Fashionista: All three, during the fight with the group, they worry more about their outfits and makeup then defending themselves.
- Tempting Fate: When Imp challenges them, one of the girls mocks him, asking if he'll hit her. To which he does...with a cream pie.
ChristopherA British human musician who "volunteered" for the blood drinking class (i.e: hypnotized and put under a trance to be used as practice for the vampires of the class. They do get paid for their time however). However for some reason, rather then have his memory wiped as most of the humans usually do. He vividly remembers Cherri from the encounter. Cherri likewise has taken an attraction to him.
- I Will Find You: After Cherri manages to visit him the first time but is uncertain if she can come back to the human world. He makes this promise to her. He makes good on it too.
- No Sell: Whatever hypnotic spell that was used before doesn't seem to work on him now. Professor Moonfire lets him stay in the school to figure out why this is.
ZuzuA ghost girl who has appeared from time to time. Seems to have history with Dante.
- Big Damn Heroes: Dante nearly sways Cherri to him in their second meeting, planning on having her feed on Christopher. Least until the girl shows up which spooks Dante into running off. She also helps get Cherri something sweet to eat to curb her hunger.
- Cute Ghost Girl
- The Dreaded: For Dante at least that he tries to avoid contact with her at all costs.