Characters: On Strange Wings
Original CharactersA list of characters used in On Strange Wings and At Fate's Hands. These only encompasses the original characters, check the other character pages for those in original BlazBlue.
open/close all folders
Gesshoku YayoiTsubaki's father. He dislikes Ragna at first for his reputation, but slowly grows to tolerate him, but only if he keeps his daughter safe.
Tropes associated with Gesshoku:
- Badass Mustache: A thick crimson 'stache, in fact.
- Blade on a Stick
- Brainwashed and Crazy: At least for the time being.
- Knight Templar Parent
- Lawful Good
- Light The Way: Uses light-based attacks
- Mighty Glacier: Fights in a way similar to his daughter, but is much slower and more powerful.
- Papa Wolf
- Reasonable Authority Figure
Belioz MutsukiThe head of the N.O.L. Duodecim's second family. He is a politician first and foremost. In that sense, he is out for the people. On the flip side, his main goal is increasing his own power and sway within the N.O.L. He is one of the main antagonists. He fights with a baton which allows him control over rocks and minerals.
Tropes associated with Belioz:
- Aristocrats Are Evil
- Badass Mustache
- Big Bad Wannabe
- Dishing Out Dirt: Many of his attacks involve crystals jutting out of the ground or flying at his opponent.
- Evil Counterpart: To Gesshoku. Both are Duodecim heads, and while Gesshoku cares about his family, Belioz is simply a greedy, corrupt politician.
- Faux Affably Evil
- French Jerk: If one were to go by his name, at least.
- Lawful Evil
- Manipulative Bastard
- Meaningful Name: "Belioz" is both a french, aristocratic-sounding name (a reference to the composer Hector Berlioz) and a pun on "Belial", one of the four crown princes of hell
- Retcon: The House Mutsuki is actually rebellious towards NOL and possibly would've been one to give a What the Hell, Hero? to NOL's questionable actions. Since this fic's created and planned before that one tidbits is revealed, it's inferred that the change in timeline thanks to Tsubaki involved with Ragna made Belioz and the whole House Mutsuki not rebellious and supporting their questionable actions.
- Shout-Out: The name of his drive is "Earth Waker". Sound familiar?
- The drive itself operates similar to a Belmont whip
- He's very filled with Castlevania Shout-Out. His build could make people mistake him as Dracula. He's very fond with his glass of wine, drinking it like Dracula drinking his glass of blood... and tosses it to the ground the same like before he fights a Belmont. Hilariously, considering what Gabriel Belmont is...
- Smug Snake
- Wicked Cultured
TenshinLord Tenjo's son, who Bang Shishigami is out to look for. He joins Bang and Platinum on their quest to defeat the NOL.
Tropes associated with Tenshin:
- Foil: To Bang. While Bang is boisterous, passionate, and upbeat, Tenshin is reserved, serious, and aloof.
- Joke Character: Despite his serious personality, he's even weaker than Bang in terms of storyline power.
- Punny Name
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue Oni to Bang's red.
- Sinister Scythe: He's not evil, but he does wield one as his main weapon.
- The Stoic: And how! Often Played for Laughs.
- Theme Naming: His moveset is made up of names of the Seven Samurai.
Voivod (real name James Albrecht Mannock)An injured NOL Air Corps member retrieved by Kokonoe and used as a sandbox of sorts for her weaponry. He's actually a spy under NOL, pissed with how Kokonoe modified his body to be so overly painful to operate with.
Tropes associated with Voivod:
- Awesome but Impractical: His legs can form a railgun that damages him. It blasts a hole in Hakumen's armor, but melts Voivod's knee in the process.
- Fragile Speedster
- Glass Cannon: His attacks are incredibly powerful, but not only can he not take hits well, his attacks actually hurt him (see Awesome but Impractical)
- The Mole
- Shout-Out: To the progressive metal band "Voivod". His moveset is made up of their song names.
- That Man Is Dead: Voivod claims that James Albrecht Mannock died in Wadatsumi; there is only "Voivod" now
- The Snark Knight: At least, once he finally starts talking
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.