Characters: Kimi Wa Petto
The characters from the manga and TV series Kimi Wa Petto
- Blind Without 'Em - When Sumire loses a contact lens, she bumps into things so often she gets bruises.
- Christmas Cake - She's 29 years old, and her family is constantly pressuring her to get married already.
- Feminine Women Can Cook - Subverted. Sumire, the Independant Successful Career Woman, is actually a rather good, if somewhat limited cook.
- Femme Fatale - Her alter-ego, Black Violet.
- Go-Getter Girl - Sumire is on the old end (she's beginning to be established in her career), but she still counts. Interesting in that much of the series is about her confronting the tradeoffs of developing this personality: she's gained professional success and admiration, but at the cost of appearing unapprochable in her personal life. It's only around Momo when she can put her ambition aside.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl - She gets liquored up with surprising regularity.
- Huge Schoolgirl - She's 170 cm tall, which has caused her a lot of trouble with boyfriends who feel inferior to her.
- Iron Lady - She's well on the way to becoming this, which is good for her career (despite the jealousy of the other women in her department) but makes her romantic life more difficult. Much of the manga's plot deals with her coming to accept that this is truly her personality, and that she needs to be with someone who can be equally understanding and supportive of it.
- Mama Bear - Whenever Momo is in danger. Her karate skills are not to be trifled with.
- Or anyone else. Like Eddie Sukenari.
- She Cleans Up Nicely - She was a plain-looking nerdy girl in college.
- Shrinking Violet - Quite literally, being both painfully shy, and bearing a name that is the Japanese word for 'violet'.
Takeshi "Momo" Gouda
- Abusive Parents - Her father was an abusive drunk.
- Clingy Jealous Girl - She's constantly trying to come between Sumire and Hasumi.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Informed Ability - Apparently she's a dentist, but this is mentioned only a couple of times when she's first introduced. The rest of the series has her barely able to scrape by with the money she's earning by working at a brothel. Surely dentistry pays more than prostitution?
- The Rival - To Sumire, for Hasumi.
- Single Mom Stripper - Shiori is a variant, working in a strip club/brothel to put her younger brother through school.
Sumire's best friend from childhood.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Grumpy Bear - Her relationship advice tends to be very cynical.
- Housewife - She knits woolen underwear for her daughter.
- I Was Quite a Looker - She was absolutely gorgeous and fashionable as a teenager and young adult. She still is, but now it's hidden behind glasses, boring hairstyles and sweatshirts, and an extra ten pounds gained as a devoted wife and mother. Of course, when Yuri was gorgeous, Sumire was the boring dowdy one, until Yuri taught her how to clean up.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Scary Shiny Glasses
Momo's ex-girlfriend and fellow dancer.
Sumire's British coworker.
Sumire's British coworker.
Sumire's older sister.
- Knight Templar Big Sister: She appears to be frigid and degrading, but she keeps an eye on Sumire, even going so far as to have attacked one of Sumire's dates with a sword after finding out that he tried to take her to a love hotel.
- The Stoic
Sumire's younger sister.
- Biker Babe: She also used to be part of a biker gang.
Sumire's young coworker.