- Played by: Jimmy Bennett
- Badass Biker: During the motorbike chase sequence, he takes a bike and fires a pistol while riding it.
- Combat Pragmatist: Indulges in this, particularly during the tournament and the Bar Brawl.
- Deadpan Snarker: Is supposed to be this. The cheesiness of his lines and his accent make it otherwise.
- Doesn't Like Guns: Subverted. He disarms a bartender who pulled a shotgun on him, proclaiming "Fuck you and your gun, ya prick!" before tossing it aside. However, later in the film, he has no problem using pistols to shoot Mooks or the Big Bad's own shotgun against him.
- Drives Like Crazy: "There goes the driver's licence."
- Dudley Do-Right Stops to Help: If someone's in trouble from local mooks, Jimmy will always help them out by beating the crap out of said mooks.
- Fighting Irish: In universe and Real Life. Bennett is a real martial artist and used his skills extensively throughout.
- Heroic Neutral: Starts off like this. He returns from reform school to settle into a peaceful life in Trim until he meets Nicola being hassled by local hoodlums. It's only later that he remembers who killed his father.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses a snooker ball during the Bar Brawl.
- One-Man Army: He takes on the entire drug gang single-handedly, mostly in hand to hand combat. When he does engage in gunplay with them, he has the advantage of being able to shoot.
- Perpetual Frowner: Always has that really angry, annoyed look on his face.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: During any Training Montage, of which this film has many.
- Played by: Nicola O'Sullivan
- Distressed Damsel: She gets kidnapped by Mikey midway through the film.
- Dull Surprise: The standout example in this film. And that's saying something.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Quite literally. Between Mikey, the guys harassing her in the supermarket and Jimmy himself, men fawn over her.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Spends much of the film in leather pants.
- Hello, Nurse!: In universe, everyone is after her.
- Informed Attractiveness: While by no means an unattractive woman, the film hypes her up to be some sort of goddess.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: Her looks attract much unwanted attention from Abhorrent Admirers around Trim, including some idiotic Mooks who harass her at work and from Mikey, who wants her to move in with him in spite of the fact that he apparently lives in a caravan.
- Played by: Mikey Graham
- Abhorrent Admirer: Want Nicola to move in with him and does it by force later.
- Badass Longcoat: He wears one whenever he's outdoors, usually over his vest.
- The Dragon: He's the son of the drug baron and generally orders the Mooks around.
- Gangsta Style: The one time he is seen with a gun, he holds it this way.
- The Heavy: He might be The Dragon, but he takes up a significant role in the story, with his kidnapping of Nicola providing much of the impetus for the plot. Justified in that he's played by the most famous member of the cast with the most experience in performing.
- Jerk Ass: He's a thoroughly unpleasant individual who kidnaps Nicola when she rejects him too much.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Wears a wifebeater for a good portion of the film.
- Played by: Colin Hamilton
- Ace Pilot: Is apparently about to fly to Ireland from Hong Kong in a Cessna.
- The Brute: He's a very large man, who Jimmy has to fight at the tournament.
- The Stoic: Being huge and imposing, he is able to shrug off most of what anybody throws at him until Jimmy uses the Fatal Deviation technique.
- Played by: Michael Regan
- Bad Boss: Often pulls guns on his own men just because they stop for a cigarette break.
- Evil Is Hammy: He's clearly the most dramatic sounding character in the film, something that stands out in a cast full of Dull Surprises.
- *Click* Hello: Fond of pulling these on both Jimmy and his own mooks alike.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He might be old and loud, but he's perfectly capable of sneaking up on martial arts masters and taking them by surprise. Jimmy only got the upper hand because he postured instead of pulling the trigger.
- Non-Action Big Bad: Subverted. He doesn't turn up much and relies on his mooks a lot, but when he has to kill someone, he's not afraid to get up close and personal with a katana or a shotgun. Then again, he is Surrounded by Idiots.
- No Name Given: He's only known as the Drug Baron.
- Too Dumb to Live: Engages in a little Bond Villain Stupidity at the end.
- You Killed My Father: Killed Jimmy's father.
- Played by: Johnny Murray
- All Monks Know Kung-Fu: He and his order practice martial arts and he trains Jimmy.
- Badass Grandpa: Downplayed. He still knows all the moves, but is physically well past his prime, as displayed when Jimmy has to rescue him.
- Badass Beard: He wears an exceptionally large beard.
- No Name Given: He's only known as the Monk.
- The Obi-Wan: He trains Jimmy for the Bealtaine Tournament.