The game's main character. A Jerk with a Heart of Gold
who's about to flunk his last year of school due to his poor attendance record, what happens in the days right before graduation forces him to look into his life and choices.
- Accidental Pervert: In Yuka's path, he walks in on her "entertaining" another dude.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Toyed with. The girls are attracted to him not due to his bad boy appeal, but due to his Hidden Heart of Gold, i.e., he joined Kaho's literature club to keep it from being closed, was kind to Kyoko due to her difficult family situation, and even in the days when he looked down on Yuka for being the local teen prostitute he helped her when she needed it.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: The reason why he might fail school is due to him having a bad attendance record, not because he's Book Dumb.
- Bridal Carry: Carries Yuka in his arms after she's gang raped.
- Deadpan Snarker: To Kaori.
- Happily Adopted: He was brought into the Sasaki family as a baby (and when Ayame was a little girl). He didn't find out until he was a teen...and the Sasaki parents died not long afterwards.
- Heavy Sleeper: He befriended Kaori because he used her office as his favorite nap spot.
- I Was Just Passing Through: At first he couldn't come up with reasons why he would help Yuka despite not liking her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: As said above, the girls like him because of the kind heart that shines through his aloof and snarky facade.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Played straight. Ryo has no hidden powers or special abilities and doesn't gain any during the game. He's just that - an ordinary Japanese high school student.
- Second Love: Any girl save for Kaho, since he's always liked her.
- Stepford Smiler: If you have him rape Ayame, both of them try acting like nothing happened.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
The beautiful and cheerful Club President
for the Literature Group, as well as Ryo's close friend for a while already alongside Tomonori. Despite being Tomonori's girlfriend, her feelings can potentially transfer to Ryo. In fact, she always was in love with Ryo.
Voiced by: Ai Uchikawa
(under the name "Chitose Kamata")
The last member to join the literature club. She's a sweet and extremely tall girl (just a bit shorter than Ryo!), who falls asleep frequently. She lives alone
and it's not easy for her to make friends.
Voiced by: Tomomi Misaki
The local teenage prostitute, whom Ryo looks down upon but still treats better than the rest of the class. She turns out to be a more complex person than Ryo thinks she is.
Voiced by: Izumi Yazawa
- Broken Bird
- Boyish Short Hair: The date-able girl with the shortest hair. In her Bad Ending, however, she has grown it out.
- Driven to Suicide: Tried to kill herself in her path, via slitting her wrist and planning to go the Bath Suicide way. In one of the sex scenes she has said wrist bandaged, and later wears a pink bracelet to cover the scar.
- Grey Rain Of Depression: Her Bad Ending.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: With quite the reasons to be. If you have Ryo sleep with her solely for sex, it leads to the Bad Ending. If you don't, you'll sex her up anyway but in better circumstances.
- Rape as Drama: Gets gang raped in her route.
- Secret Test of Character: Going to the Love Hotel, since Yuka leads Ryo there to see if she can trust him to see beyond her "carefree and cheerful teen hooker" facade. If you-as-Ryo don't "pass", have your Bad Ending.
- Subcultures In Japan: Yuka's design strongly evokes the ko-gal looks. While she's not tanned, her hair is lighter than the rest of the cast (probably bleached) and she also uses the dangerously short skirt, cleavage-showing shirt and loose socks worn by the average ko-gals.
- Stepford Smiler: Yuka tries to pass herself as a blithe and fun-loving girl, without a single care in the world. She obviously isn't.
- Youthful Freckles
Ryo's older sister, daughter of the family that adopted him. She quite nursing school when the parents died to do her best to raise him.
Voiced by: Ryoko Tanaka
The snarky and hot school nurse, as well as Ayame's classmate in nursing school. People think she's cold and distant, but Ryo (who snook into the nurse office many times to nap there) doesn't think this way.
Ryo's close friend and Kaho's boyfriend of sorts.
Voiced by: Tomoyuki Fujiwaki
A shy, physically frail young girl who plays the piano wonderfully. She's a friend of Kaho, and Ryo meets her when he sneaks into the music room.