Characters: Crescendo ~Eien Dato Omotte Ita Ano Koro~
The game's main character. A Jerk with a Heart of Gold
who's about to flunk his last year of school due to his poor attendance record, what happens in the days right before graduation forces him to look into his life and choices.
- Accidental Pervert: In Yuka's path, he walks in on her "entertaining" another dude.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Toyed with. The girls are attracted to him not due to his bad boy appeal, but due to his Hidden Heart of Gold, i.e., he joined Kaho's literature club to keep it from being closed, was kind to Kyoko due to her difficult family situation, and even in the days when he looked down on Yuka for being the local teen prostitute he helped her when she needed it.
- Brilliant but Lazy: The reason why he might fail school is due to him having a bad attendance record, not because he's Book Dumb.
- Bridal Carry: Carries Yuka in his arms after she's gang raped.
- Deadpan Snarker: To Kaori.
- Happily Adopted: He was brought into the Sasaki family as a baby (and when Ayame was a little girl). He didn't find out until he was a teen...and the Sasaki parents died not long afterwards.
- Heavy Sleeper: He befriended Kaori because he used her office as his favorite nap spot.
- I Was Just Passing Through: At first he couldn't come up with reasons why he would help Yuka despite not liking her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: As said above, the girls like him because of the kind heart that shines through his aloof and snarky facade.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Played straight. Ryo has no hidden powers or special abilities and doesn't gain any during the game. He's just that - an ordinary Japanese high school student.
- Second Love: Any girl save for Kaho, since he's always liked her.
- Stepford Smiler: If you have him rape Ayame, both of them try acting like nothing happened.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
The beautiful and cheerful Club President
for the Literature Group, as well as Ryo's close friend for a while already alongside Tomonori. Despite being Tomonori's girlfriend, her feelings can potentially transfer to Ryo. In fact, she always was in love with Ryo.
Voiced by: Ai Uchikawa
(under the name "Chitose Kamata")
The last member to join the literature club. She's a sweet and extremely tall girl (just a bit shorter than Ryo!), who falls asleep frequently. She lives alone
and it's not easy for her to make friends.
Voiced by: Tomomi Misaki
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Delivers one to Kaho .
- Heavy Sleeper: She's even seen sleeping on the cover of the game. And falls asleep on Ryo more than once.
- Huge Schoolgirl: At 172.7 cm, or 5'8''.
- Love Confession: In an interesting inversion from the stereotypical use of the trope, she gives hers to Ryo very early in the game.
- Love Triangle: As said above, Kaho and Kyoko share a path.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents are nowhere in sight. More specifically, her mother's boyfriend doesn't want to share a building with her, and while her father and his wife aren't as exclusive, they're in Tokyo, and Kyoko doesn't want to abandon her current school.
- Shrinking Violet
- Sempai Kouhai: A year younger than the other members of the club.
The local teenage prostitute, whom Ryo looks down upon but still treats better than the rest of the class. She turns out to be a more complex person than Ryo thinks she is.
Voiced by: Izumi Yazawa
- Broken Bird: Where do you want us to start?! The Yakuza harassed her parents into hanging themselves, she was raped nightly by her cousin—who was also her adoptive brother, her aunt and uncle believed him over her even after her first suicide attempt, she was forced to instead live at an orphanage where everyone avoided her because of her suicidal tendencies...This is almost Disintegrated Bird, instead of just Broken.
- Boyish Short Hair: The date-able girl with the shortest hair. In her Bad Ending, however, she has grown it out.
- Driven to Suicide: Tried to kill herself in her path, via slitting her wrist and planning to go the Bath Suicide way. In one of the sex scenes she has said wrist bandaged, and later wears a pink bracelet to cover the scar. This is in addition to the other pink bracelet covering plenty of scars.
- This also happened to her parents—the Yakuza harassed them to get loans from a friend's failed business back until they hanged themselves in despair.
- Grey Rain Of Depression: Her Bad Ending.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: With quite the reasons to be. If you have Ryo sleep with her solely for sex, it leads to the Bad Ending. If you don't, you'll sex her up anyway but in better circumstances.
- Rape as Drama: Raped by her cousin/adoptive brother in her backstory. Then gets gang-raped in her route.
- Scars Are Forever: The pink bracelet she habitually wears is to cover a small army of scars from suicide attempts.
- Secret Test of Character: Going to the Love Hotel, since Yuka leads Ryo there to see if she can trust him to see beyond her "carefree and cheerful teen hooker" facade. If you-as-Ryo don't "pass", have your Bad Ending.
- Subcultures In Japan: Yuka's design strongly evokes the ko-gal looks. While she's not tanned, her hair is lighter than the rest of the cast (probably bleached) and she also uses the dangerously short skirt, cleavage-showing shirt and loose socks worn by the average ko-gals.
- Stepford Smiler: Yuka tries to pass herself as a blithe and fun-loving girl, without a single care in the world. She obviously isn't.
- Youthful Freckles
Ryo's older sister, daughter of the family that adopted him. She quit nursing school when the parents died to do her best to raise him.
Voiced by: Ryoko Tanaka
The snarky and hot school nurse, as well as Ayame's classmate in nursing school. People think she's cold and distant, but Ryo (who snook into the nurse office many times to nap there) doesn't think this way.
- Arranged Marriage: She's planning to go to an omiai or arranged date. You must have Ryo follow and stop her. Bonus for the other girls also helping you.
- Auto Erotica: Her Good Ending has Ryo and Kaori going at it in her car.
- Deadpan Snarker: To Ryo.
- Hospital Hottie
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Inverted in her Good Ending, where the other girls are the ones who tell her this, going to the extreme of helping Ryo crash her arranged date.
- One Last Fling: Her and Ryo's date.
- Replacement Goldfish: It's implied that Ryo reminds her of her dead student, who died in messy circumstances. Read below.
- Secret Keeper: She knows about Yuka's "profession", but keeps it under wraps despite her disapproval. She'd rather see Yuka graduate than be expelled, after all.
- Smoking Is Cool
- Teacher/Student Romance: In her route. She's Genre Savvy enough and attempts to avert it (at least on the school grounds), so Ryo has to work quite a bit to get to her. There is another reason why she doesn't openly pursue it: another student was attracted to her, she turned him down...and the guy was Spurned Into Suicide.
- We Used to Be Friends: Was nursing school classmates with Ayame. Though there's no real animosity between them (at least until Ryo strikes up a romance with her), they haven't kept in close contact since then.
Ryo's close friend and Kaho's boyfriend of sorts.
Voiced by: Tomoyuki Fujiwaki
A shy, physically frail young girl who plays the piano wonderfully. She's a friend of Kaho, and Ryo meets her when he sneaks into the music room.