open/close all folders
Oga's older sister who lives with her family. She's also the enforcer and is the only person in the world that Oga Tatsumi fears.
- Badass Longcoat: From her days as the Red Tails Founder and First Leader.
- Badass Normal: So very much. She wasn't the leader of an all-female gang for nothing.
- After Tojo relinquished the title, she seems to have picked up the slack. As far as we know, she isn't contracted to any demon and is completely human. As for the badass part, in Chapter 223, she actually knocked out a contracted demon from the Solomon Company by kicking it in the face.
- Big Sister Bully: At times. Granted, Oga is thick-headed.
- Cool Big Sis: To everyone she meets, mainly. While it's not apparent when it comes to Oga, she does care about him, and it's shown she advised Furuichi to become Oga's friend because her brother was lonely, though she wasn't much of a role model. To everyone else, she's kind of nice, so long as they don't piss her off.
- The Dreaded: She's probably the only character in the series that Oga somewhat fears.
- Good Bad Girl: Gives off a few vibes. She does try to be normal but she does have lapses.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: What she uses to keep Tatsumi in line, sometimes crossing it. Even his friends (ie. Furuichi and Kanzaki) are not safe if/when they piss her off.
- Japanese Delinquent: Back in her teenage years.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Sort of had this back in her delinquent days, who while being a violent thug, cared about her friends and family in her own strange way. These days, however, she's more an inversion: an otherwise nice girl who's nice to everyone she meets but who, when angered, is terrifying.
- Retired Badass: From being the Leader of the Red Tails. Exactly why she retired is unknown, but it's likely because she graduated and went to college.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: Making her upset is the last thing Oga Tatsumi wants to do.
A mysterious swordsman the group meets in the demon world, he works for the bandits who kidnapped Alaindelon's daughter. Assumed to be a demon, but no confirmation yet.
- Badass Decay: The next time we see him is in the sidestory, where he's introduced as Forcas' patient after having stuck his foot in a bucket and falling down a flight of stairs, which gave him amnesia...
- Mysterious Stranger: His motivations, origins, and even species are a complete enigma.
- Name's the Same: With another Athrun.
- Peek-a-Bangs: As if he wasn't mysterious enough.
- Voiced by: Ayahi Takagaki
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Iwasaki
Nazuna "Suiten" Ikaruga
Temple Priestess of Decapitation Island, Zenjuro Saotome sends Oga and Aoi to her for them to learn Black Techs, a technique where they increase their powers by fusing with their demon familiars — Aoi with Koma, and Oga with Beel.
- The Alcoholic: Shame she Can't Hold Her Liquor.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Saotome. The secrets come out when she's drunk...
- Coat Cape: With a leather jacket for added badass.
- Cool Shades: Which she usually has pushed up on her forehead.
- Generation Xerox: Played with. While not related in any way, Kunieda is astounded at how similar they are - both being leaders of their respective gangs and even falling for the same kind of guy.
- Miko: She doesn't dress conventionally, though.
- Samus Is a Girl/Gender-Blender Name: Thanks to having a Buddhist priest name, Oga and Aoi think she's a man until they meet.
Hajime's spoiled niece, who wants to make Beel her lackey.
- Betty and Veronica: She's the Veronica (mean, violent, and domineering) to Chiyo's Betty.
- Bratty Half-Pint: So, so, so bratty.
- Cry Cute: When Hajime loses at watercut.
- Enfante Terrible: She is impossible to deal with, due to being raised to do pretty much whatever she wants.
- Girlish Pigtails: Due to being somewhere in the neighborhood of four.
- Kick Chick: She kicks her grandfather, her grandfather's servants, and everyone else who annoys her. When Furuichi tries to get her to empathize by explaining that she wouldn't like being kicked, she just replies that that's why she's always the one doing the kicking.
- The Rival: To Izo's sister Chiyo, for Beel's affections.
- Yakuza Princess: Since her grandfather dotes on her, the rest of the gang has to treat her much the same.
Another "child-rearing-badass" from a school much like Ishiyama, who runs into the delinquents on a school vacation.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Is the boss of his delinquent school because of his strength.
- Badass and Baby: With his little sister.
- Big Damn Heroes: During the Best Couple Grand Prix, when he intended to ask Aoi out and ended up becoming her new partner.
- The Bus Came Back: In the Best Couple Grand Prix, as Izuma's substitute.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Oga.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: He can match Oga's physical strength.
- Delinquent: A nicer type than Oga.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Even knowing Aoi loves Oga he tries to win her, and even when he can't win her he'll pursue her.
- Empowered Badass Normal: He was empowered by Koma during the time in Okinawa. To fight against Oga in the Best Couple Grand Prix again, Aoi lends him Koma's power again.
- Face of a Thug: He's actually a relatively nice guy who prefers not to fight, but he sure doesn't look it.
- Fingerpoke Of Doom: His signature move.
- Love at First Sight: With Aoi. He makes no attempts to hide it.
- Megaton Punch: After his first loss by Oga, he developded a special attack against him, which he dubs Koraiho ("Tiger Cannon).
- Tiger Versus Dragon: After Tojo, he is the other Tiger to Oga.
Izo's little sister, who he helps raise. She fell for Beel the second she saw him.
- Adorably Precocious Child: In her big brother's mind.
- Betty and Veronica: She's the Betty (nice, gentle, and honest about her feelings) to Futaba's Veronica.
- The Bus Came Back: Along with her brother in the Best Couple Grand Prix.
- Girlish Pigtails: Well, she is four.
- Love at First Sight: With Baby Beel.
- The Rival: To Kanzaki's niece Futaba.
A student of San Marx Private Fine Arts Academy and one of its most powerful alumni, secretly running things behind the scenes. Has a history with Himekawa.
- Ax-Crazy: Dissonant Serenity type.
- Arranged Marriage: She's Himekawa's fiancee. Has been since birth. It turns out the marriage was originally arranged because she had a childhood crush on Himekawa, which continued despite their broken relationship. Himekawa's feelings on this on the other hand are still unclear, seeing as he knew he had a fiancee, just not who. What we do know is that he considered her a friend, but even he didn't know she was, well, a she.
- Bifauxnen: Only males can inherit her family business, so they pretended she was male.
- Childhood Friend: To Himekawa. It's unknown whether she's victorious or unlucky to Himekawa, since it hasn't been clear what his feelings on the subject are.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Though not quite as bad as Himekawa with his hair down. Subverted. This is what Oga, Furuichi, Hilda, and many of the readers thought she was. Since Japanese suffixes are gender neutral, she had been constantly referred to as male until The Reveal. People probably didn't realize that she was female until she stated that she was in love with Himekawa or when she removed her coat, revealing a distinctly feminine figure. To be fair, her appearance gave off the impression that she was a man, mainly because she wore the school's uniform for boys. Apparently not even the school knows she's female, due to the fact that the heir to the Kugayama family must be male, and she was raised as a man.
- Evil Former Friend: Comes off as such to Himekawa. The "friend" part is debatable seeing as in all actuality, she's in love with him.
- Raised as the Opposite Gender: Because only males are allowed to inherit the family company.
- The Reveal: Kugayama being a woman.
- Walking Spoiler: A person thought to be a man turns out to be a woman. Most of the tropes here describe Kugayama after the reveal.